I should be cleaning...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 26th, 2006, 9:29 am

Didn't want anybody worrying, so I wanted to let you all know that I got the house presentable before they got over. *whew* *grin*
It was their first time meeting a pit bull too - They were obviously concerned when their baby girl adopted a vicious killer, but I sent them tons of links to check out, and my dad at least was very eager to meet her. I armed them with treats and showed them how to make her sit before they even met her. My dad did really well - my step mom was funny to watch 'cause she was nervous. She made her voice really high-pitched, and almost said "ssiiiitttt????" I told her to be a little firmer and she over-compensated - "SIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Poor Inara. And when she finally sat for my step-mom my stepmom tossed the treat on the floor instead of handing it to her. Oh well, it was a step in the right direction!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cheekymunkee » March 26th, 2006, 1:19 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:www.flylady.com

It is a lifesaver!

I hate laundry too, it is just a never ending job. I always get stuck in the 5th stage-putting away. I will wash, dry, fold, sort, then ...I never manage to put it away. It sits in piles in each bedroom, and we pick out of the piles. I suppose if you are going to get stuck, that is the place to be :oops:

I hate her! Does she still send out 500 annoying emails a day?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 26th, 2006, 4:54 pm

yup, but you don't have to read them, or even subscribe. The process is the important part.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 26th, 2006, 5:11 pm

That website is great! I had been starting to devise a checklist for kennel stuff since I work best with a checklist in front of me (childish sense of accomplishment when stuff is checked off) so why wouldn't it be the same if I made checklists for housework?

I am SO gonna work on that. Thanks so much for posting that website!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 12:50 pm

Okay so I think reading that FlyLady website made me lose my mind.

I spent the morning emptying the fridge and freezer, scrubbing them down, throwing stuff out, doing dishes, etc. ABSURD!! I feel so accomplished yet unless you open the fridge you don't really see what I did . . . which is annoying. I wish I didn't have to work this afternoon so I could just keep going on my whirlwind cleaning spree . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 27th, 2006, 2:28 pm

You HAVE to read the philosophy.

15 minutes at a time.

If you work all morning, you then get burnt out and spend all afternoon doing nothing.

So set your timer, do 15 minutes at one task, then stop.

THAT is one of the hardest parts to do.

But she does get you wanting to clean, doesn't she?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 3:11 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:You HAVE to read the philosophy.

15 minutes at a time.

If you work all morning, you then get burnt out and spend all afternoon doing nothing.

So set your timer, do 15 minutes at one task, then stop.

THAT is one of the hardest parts to do.

But she does get you wanting to clean, doesn't she?

I read the philosophy, but my house is such a pig sty and I feel the need to start this whole thing anew! I have tomorrow morning off as well as Friday morning so anything I can't clean in the normal alotted time I will be working like a madwoman to do during those times. I want a clean house, damnit!!
SisMorphine

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 27th, 2006, 3:54 pm

Just make sure you don't burn yourself out.

It will get dirty all over again if you burn out and stop cleaning for a week.

Trust me, I have crashed and burned enough times to know.

As she says, your house did not get dirty in a day, it will not get clean in a day!

It is contagious though.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 6:09 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Just make sure you don't burn yourself out.

It will get dirty all over again if you burn out and stop cleaning for a week.

Trust me, I have crashed and burned enough times to know.

As she says, your house did not get dirty in a day, it will not get clean in a day!

It is contagious though.

I know I know. I'll try not to burn myself out. I LOVE how she brings down one load of laundry each morning, I think that is a FABULOUS way to get the evil demon laundry finished without bashing my head against a wall.

But I do keep thinking of my nice clean fridge and smiling :)
SisMorphine

Previous

Return to Off-Topic