Recipes...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Jenn » May 2nd, 2008, 11:10 pm

:|
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby maberi » May 3rd, 2008, 12:23 am

Hmmm, somehow I got wrapped up in playing Xbox 360 and the night was lost :|
Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 3rd, 2008, 8:33 am

maberi wrote:Hmmm, somehow I got wrapped up in playing Xbox 360 and the night was lost :|

uhhh nerd.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Favorite Kitty » May 3rd, 2008, 10:40 am

oh, you F'er! i didnt know you were on! what were you guys playing? did you put me on your buddy list?
Favorite Kitty
The Mouse Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » May 3rd, 2008, 11:56 am

LMM wrote:Genny cream ale? Really?

g-r-o-s-s
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby mnp13 » May 3rd, 2008, 12:07 pm

Last night we made a rub for a brisket that we were smoking for the party today. It is amazing, we actually sampled it right out of the bowl when it was done. W-O-W. We haven't eaten the meat yet but I can't imagine it won't be even better....

1/2 cup ground coffee or chicory (we used hazelnut coffee and ground the beans in a grinder until they were powder not just regular grounds)

1/2 cup coarse salt, kosher or sea

1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar

1/4 cup hot paprika

2 tablespoons ground cardamom (we used it from a spice jar, but next time I'm going to see if I can find some to grind fresh)

2 tablespoons ground ginger (we used it from a spice jar, but next time I'm going to grate fresh)

1/3 cup fresh chopped garlic (yes, 1/3 of a cup)

1/2 cup olive oil, or as needed (regular olive oil is better than virgin or extra virgin)

Combine all ingredients except for oil until well mixed, use a food processor or just mix by hand. Break up any clumps so that it is a uniform mixture. Stir in enough oil to make a thick paste. Use rub the day it is made, cover and refrigerate until using. Makes about 2 cups, good for a 6-8 pound brisket.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 3rd, 2008, 4:40 pm

mnp13 wrote:Last night we made a rub for a brisket that we were smoking for the party today. It is amazing, we actually sampled it right out of the bowl when it was done. W-O-W. We haven't eaten the meat yet but I can't imagine it won't be even better....

1/2 cup ground coffee or chicory (we used hazelnut coffee and ground the beans in a grinder until they were powder not just regular grounds)

1/4 cup hot paprika

2 tablespoons ground cardamom (we used it from a spice jar, but next time I'm going to see if I can find some to grind fresh)

2 tablespoons ground ginger (we used it from a spice jar, but next time I'm going to grate fresh)

1/2 cup olive oil, or as needed (regular olive oil is better than virgin or extra virgin)

Combine all ingredients except for oil until well mixed, use a food processor or just mix by hand. Break up any clumps so that it is a uniform mixture. Stir in enough oil to make a thick paste. Use rub the day it is made, cover and refrigerate until using. Makes about 2 cups, good for a 6-8 pound brisket.

mmmmmmm I'll be there soon. I hope there's enough left for some gills.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » May 3rd, 2008, 6:19 pm

That's it?
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby LMM » May 3rd, 2008, 9:13 pm

mnp13 wrote:
LMM wrote:Genny cream ale? Really?

g-r-o-s-s

Exactly.

I like to call Genny Cream Ale BG juice.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby maberi » May 4th, 2008, 7:11 pm

g-r-o-s-s

mnp13 wrote:Last night we made a rub for a brisket that we were smoking for the party today. It is amazing, we actually sampled it right out of the bowl when it was done. W-O-W. We haven't eaten the meat yet but I can't imagine it won't be even better....

1/4 cup hot paprika

Look beyond what your own eyes see
maberi
I Save My Empty Calories For The Bottle

Postby mnp13 » May 4th, 2008, 9:59 pm

this from the guy who doesn't eat meat? :crazy2:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » May 4th, 2008, 10:05 pm

the fungus must have gotten to his brain.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » May 4th, 2008, 10:53 pm

LaylaWoobie wrote:the fungus must have gotten to his brain.

That's how my brother died.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » May 5th, 2008, 12:23 am

Mexican pot roast - it's surprisingly GOOD! :shock: :D
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby mnp13 » June 1st, 2008, 11:08 pm

WARNING!!!!

Do not go to Kendell's house and have her breakfast ring. It's addicting and you'll find yourself thinking about eating nothing but breakfast ring...

I can hear the left overs calling me from the fridge...
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » June 1st, 2008, 11:14 pm

Well that's about the sorriest recipe post.. lol

What is breakfast ring, we must know????
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby LaylaWoobie » June 2nd, 2008, 9:10 am

mmm breakfast ring. I thought about having some for dinner last night again, but then realized that when you have it for breakfast, lunch and dinner - they may put you in rehab.

Cook some scrambled eggs and bacon. Take a pizza stone (I use the pampered chef one, but it would probably work with a regular round pizza sheet) and use 2 tubes of crescent rolls and assemble them with the broad sides overlapping around the edge of the stone, about 2-3" in. Layer on top of the crescents whatever you'd like inside your ring. I usually use bacon, scrambled eggs, shredded cheese and deli ham. Fold over the points of the crescent and press them along the inside of the ring.

Bake whatever the package of crescents say to cook the crescent rolls. I usually use the big and buttery, so its about 16 minutes at 350. I serve mine with dijon mustard.

It smells and tastes like heaven, and looks something like this
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Magnolia618 » June 28th, 2008, 9:04 pm

Grilled Bluefish (I just typed Blueshit)

Broiled red potatoes with garlic.

Home grown salad with fresh thyme and nasturtium leaves

:mrgreen:
“Hatred is the coward's revenge for being intimidated.â€
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby odnarb » August 18th, 2008, 3:21 pm

We made something yummy this weekend that I had to share. We got the basic idea from a cookbook, but then went off in another direction. I just eyeball everything and guess, so my recipes probably come out sounding annoying :)

Preheat oven to 400 or so.

Take an eggplant, and slice it thinly lengthwise. Salt the slices on each side, and let them sit for about 10-15 minutes. It helps draw out the bitterness. After the 10-15 minutes, rinse and pat dry.

Then sauté the slices in olive oil and garlic. Pat off the excess oil, and then spread on some pesto. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, then roll up and pin them with a toothpick to prevent unrolling.

Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or so, then serve. Yummy!!
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby Emi » August 25th, 2008, 4:57 pm

Chicken and Sweet tater stew...

6 bone-in chicken thighs, skin removed, trimmed of fat 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into spears 1/2 pound white button mushrooms, thinly sliced 6 large shallots, peeled and halved 4 cloves garlic, peeled 1 cup dry white wine 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary 1 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper 1 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
Place chicken, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, wine, rosemary, salt and pepper in a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Put the lid on and cook on low until the potatoes are tender, about 5 hours. Before serving, remove bones from the chicken, if desired, and stir in vinegar.

Calories: 415 kcal Carbohydrates: 47 g Dietary Fiber: 5 g Fat: 12 g Protein: 22 g Sugars: 11 g
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic