Hello from Canada

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby kiss-a-bull » May 1st, 2008, 10:24 pm

No I don't live in an igloo :| .

My name is Renay. I am 19 years old, and I am a proud owner of a 1 yr old rescued pittie mix. I am also a member of a few other forums and I usually go under the name of 'APBT<3er'.

Pit bulls have been a part of my life for about 10 years. A long time ago my mothers best friend bred them. The first pittie that I ever met was called Sassy. She was neglected and abused, and my mothers friend had taken her in from some people who couldn't handle themselves let alone a dog. I think it was probably her looks that intrigued me before her personality, because at 9 years old my attention span was virtually non existant. She was white with black spots. It wasn't long after my moms friend took her in that we realized that she was pregnant. I believe there were something like 7 or 8 pups in the litter. My sisters and I begged and begged and begged our father to let us take a puppy. We already had a lab mix that my father loved dearly, so it was difficult to get him to even consider getting another dog. But eventually he either got sick or our wining, or my mother told him to let us get one, and we did. I chose a puppy that looked almost identical to her mother, white with black spots, and a cute little pink nose. My father called her Heidi. 9 and a half years later, Heidi is still kicking. Every bit of the dog that she used to be (and then some, shes a little over weight in her old age) and still the pit bull that tugged at my heartstrings the day we went to choose our puppy. Sadly Sassy had to be euthanized due to severe cataracts and hip dysplasia. We're hoping that these things will not affect Heidi, but we're prepared to pay the price if they do.

I've been living on my own on and off since I was about 15 or 16 because I'm an extremely independant person, and I had the ressources to do so. Its been 2 years that I've lived on my own without going back to my parents place now, and unless a natural disaster occurs, I don't see me moving into their basement any time soon. Everytime I left home I missed Heidi. I begged my parents to let me take her with me, after all, she was my dog. I realized though that I was being selfish because Heidi has an excellent life where she is, and loves the other dogs to death not to mention the rest of my family, and would probably have depression issues if I took her here. So I decided to go for the next best thing. RESCUE! Its the greatest feeling in the world. I had been looking to rescue a dog for over 6 months before I came across Dolly. My aunt jokes that me having this dog is fate because 'Dolly' was the nickname given to me as a young child by my grandmother. This dog looks about as close as you can come to Heidi, with a touch more of the pittie looks. Dolly was dropped off in the middle of the winter. She was taken to a kill shelter, where the people who run the rescue I went to found her. I found her ad on petfinder and that was that, I knew she was perfect. Went to meet her, and I'm happy to say that shes been living with me for almost a month now.

I apologize for the novel of an intro, but I could go on forever about my pooches and the effect they've had on my life, I look forward to meeting you all, if you can call it 'meeting' lol. :wave2:

Pictures are on their way, my internet is slow as melasses in january :dance:
kiss-a-bull
Just Whelped

Postby madremissy » May 1st, 2008, 10:34 pm

:wave2: Hello and Welcome
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby kiss-a-bull » May 1st, 2008, 10:58 pm

Heres my girl! Lounging about, I caught her on a rare lazy moment.

kiss-a-bull
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » May 1st, 2008, 11:24 pm

She's very pretty :)

Hello and welcome
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Scout » May 2nd, 2008, 12:45 am

Hello...welcome to PBT! :wave2: Dolly is very pretty...hopefully you'll be able to post pictures of Heidi as well? :wink:

And that was a great intro! :)
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » May 2nd, 2008, 6:16 am

Welcome to PBT! :wave2: Great intro.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » May 2nd, 2008, 8:07 am

Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » May 2nd, 2008, 4:38 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Malli » May 2nd, 2008, 7:44 pm

Hello from BC :)
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby TheRedQueen » May 5th, 2008, 10:32 am

Hello and welcome! Dolly is very cute! :wave2:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions