Problem with Riggs

This forum is all about training and behavior. Everything from potty training to working titles!

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2006, 7:42 pm

I had the dogs out in the back yard and decided to work on the leaf piles that are still hanging around from last fall, so I got out my leaf sucker/mulcher. Ruby just ignores the noise and goes to the other end of the yard or goes on the deck.

Riggs on the other hand, well, he didn't like the leafblower at all. When I started pulling the starter he jumped up and bit it. Once it got started he grabbed the end of the sicker and yanked it off. Then he went around back and grabbed the mulch bag and pulled me backwards across the yard. He didn't bark at it, just attacked it ... over and over... I was laughing so hard I couldn't even yell at him.

I did my best to video it, but I'll have to have Demo take a better viedo sometime this week. I only got him ripping the cover off of the side.

Uh... Chris... is this dog afraid of anything?

Here is the broken cover he ripped off of the side

the holes at the end of the leaf sucker - The plastic is too thick for me to bend

The movies aren't great, but here is him breaking the cover off
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/galleries/ri ... lower1.MPG

and one second of him attacking the mulch bag
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/galleries/ri ... lower2.MPG

ETA sorry about that! all fixed
Last edited by mnp13 on March 26th, 2006, 8:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 26th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Your links didn't work!
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Purple » March 26th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Hey, man, the videos aren't there...... :|
Purple
I live here

Postby luvmyangels » March 26th, 2006, 8:10 pm

That is too funny!!
I am "The Rat Queen".

Have a great day!! :)

Mary Ann & The Furry Bunch:
Cookie & Knuckles
Rabbit: Butterscotch
The Rattie Bunch: Girls: Noodle & Raisin Boys: Gus, Melvin, Oliver, & Toby
luvmyangels
I live here

Postby Sarah » March 26th, 2006, 10:11 pm

Elmo would do that. I tried using a weed whacker in the backyard once. Elmo got really testy when the string got him in the nose (how dare it fight back?!), and I had to put it away fast or he'd have killed it for sure.
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2006, 10:16 pm

He won't be meeting my weed wacker any time soon.

His next interaction with the leaf sucker will be so Demo can video it, then we're going to try to get him to stop attacking it.... but we need to get a movie first!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 27th, 2006, 8:54 am

Tallulah used to attack the vacuum cleaner. She would snarl at it, and dive in to bite the wheels. I did the worst thing you can do. I attacked back. I chased her all over the house, banging it up and down, making the 'mouth' open and close, while it was running. It scared the crap out of her, now she stares at it balefully, but if she looks like she wants to go after it, it takes a swipe at her! :twisted:

Tess lays there and I have to push her out of the way with the vacuum, it doesn't phase her in the least!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2006, 11:04 am

ok, you're right, that's not what you are supposed to do... but it's still funny. :oops:
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby girlie » March 27th, 2006, 11:13 am

OMG, i thought sugar was weird when she attacked the leaf blower....she tried to chew the end off of it, as i was using it!! It was funny as hell though to see her face all blown out like a baloon......i'm glad i'm not alone on this one. LMAO
girlie
Devoutly Bully

Postby katiek0417 » March 27th, 2006, 11:58 am

Michelle, you really need to understand dogs. :wink:

Don't you realize he was simply trying to save you from the killer leaf blower?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby mnp13 » March 27th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Actually, what he was saying was "Shouldn't Demo be doing that?"

:D
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » March 27th, 2006, 12:37 pm

mnp13 wrote:Actually, what he was saying was "Shouldn't Demo be doing that?"

:D

I was trying not to go there!!!:ROFL2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby msvette2u » March 27th, 2006, 1:15 pm

Heheh I love it. Our dogs have to be vacuumed so they have to tolerate it. Lambie is easiest since she doesn't hear it!! :D
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Malli » March 27th, 2006, 1:23 pm

my bf chased Oscar with the vacuum when he was younger, so when we moved to our own places, guess who got to desensitize the dog when I moved to my TINY bachelor suite?

There was definately attacking and fleeing that took place, imagine a 75 lb dog running everything down in sight and leaping into and over furniture....

Now I vacuum HIM :D I figured I take it a little farther since he has periodically bad dandruff from his skin, I think he actually likes it.. :ROFL2:

Malli
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby chance's mom » March 27th, 2006, 10:39 pm

that is too funny!! chance is scared of the vaccuum cleaner, he used to just run from it, now he barks as he runs up to it, i will turn it towards him and he runs like crazy just to come back and do it again!!! now he also doesnt like the blowdryer either, but the doorbell, forget it, he doesnt even get up!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby a-bull » April 4th, 2006, 10:20 pm

I have trouble with my female attacking the vac, the leaf blower and the ride-on mower.

Anyone know why they do this???
DISCLAIMER:

My posts are my own opinions unless otherwise stated. They are not necessarily correct for all dogs or all owners.
a-bull
I live here

Postby pLaurent » April 7th, 2006, 9:49 am

When I first got Chloe, she wanted to seriously attack anything that had wheels and made noise.

This was very alarming if a skateboarder or cyclist happened to be on top of the wheels. :o "Snarling pit bull attacks!!"

Now, her only enemy is the lawnmower and she still will bite the wheels.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Romanwild » April 7th, 2006, 10:56 am

Dreyfus attacks the vacume. I have never teased him with it or anything. I actually tried to desenitize him to it. Didn't work and I don't feel like continuing to work at it. :| Anyway. What' interesting is that he figured out the weak spot. When you go forward the top half leans back exposing a 4 inch hose, the throat so to speak. That's what she goes for. The little bastard. Because of his "analysis" he is in the crate when I vacume and there is duct tape on the evil monster throat. :rolleyes2:

The only other thing he tries to kill is my neighbors rc car which runs on jet fuel or something. It goes like 35 mph! He runs it with the engine exposed and tries to come close to Dreyfus with it. I warned him. so one day Dreyfus catches it by the tire, picks it up and shakes it then slams it on the ground then tries to eat the engine while it's running. :o He cut his mouth but if I had not been able to grab him he would have kept munching. lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Jenn » April 7th, 2006, 11:45 am

Maddie is a tire chaser too.. Not sure what happened just one day she "clicked" :shock: now she trys to eat the push mower, wheelbarrow, and has to be put up. I'm afraid she's going to lose her nose one day.
Jenn
undecided

Postby dogcrazyjen » April 7th, 2006, 12:24 pm

Is it just me? I NEVER mow when the dogs are out, and I make sure the Bull Terrier, who would go after the mower ( she went after the old neighbor's mower through the fence-once-then was NEVER allowed outside when they were mowing) is in a crate when I am mowing just to make sure the boys do not let her out.

That scares the poop out of me, that she will chop off her nose in the mower. I am anal about only a few things, and small fuzzies/feathereds and mowers are two of them.
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Next

Return to Training & Behavior