Hello all!!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby BullyLady » April 29th, 2008, 2:53 pm

Hi, my name is Cathleen. I have a four and a half month old boxer/ambulldog mix named Shelby and a 2 year old great dane named Sirius. I have been involved with bullies for about two years now and I will probably never own any other breed of dog again, I love bullies!! Looking forward to getting to know you all. :mrgreen:

Trouble Makers!!

"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2008, 2:56 pm

Woah Shelby is getting HUGE! How did you become involved with the breed? We're nosey. :)
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby DMARIE1965 » April 29th, 2008, 3:13 pm

HI CATHY I AM HERE TOO
DMARIE1965
Just Whelped

Postby BullyLady » April 29th, 2008, 3:19 pm

I like nosy people.... okay, maybe I just like to talk. Hehehe.

I grew up with dogs, cats, hampsters, lizards etc.... and I LOVE animals, so after my hubby and I had lived together about three years and we already had one cat we decided it was time to get a dog. Hubby never had any pets growing up and had always wanted a bulldog. At the time we didn't know there were two kinds of bulldogs, we just knew about the EBs. I wasn't too keen on an EB cause I'd heard about their health problems, so I insisted on at least rescuing even though hubby wanted to buy a pup. We looked on petfinder and came across the American Bulldog Rescue dogs and e-mailed back and forth with the PA representative. Found out about ABs, breed personality and all that. Eric wasn't convinced we should get an AB instead, but then he found a particular dog on there, named Sophie, and fell head over heels in love with her. We went and picked her up two weeks later. :D

Sophie was a Johnson type AB and was the most loyal loving dog you've ever met. Eric and her bonded immediately, and they were inseparable! We were her fifth owners ( :( ) she was a stubborn bully, but we bonded and were totally in love with her. She ended up having some health problems, she had horrid food and seasonal allergies, SEVERE hip dysplasia, and nerve damage such that she couldn't feel her feet as a result of a beating earlier in her life. Sophie overcame extreme emotional damage in the time she was with us and was actually ready to take her CGC test shortly before she passed. The pinched nerve in her spine eventually pinched all the way off and she became paralyzed, we did about nine weeks of physical therapy but there was no reversing the damage that was done. In Sept. of '07, after only a year and a half with us, we lost our dear Sophie. But she is how we came to love bullies and we will never forget her.

Heh, sorry so long, but that's how we came to bullies. :oops:

Sleep sweetly Sophie
"I'm not all bad but I'm a faithful sinner."
~Dave Matthews
Cathleen
Shelby - AB Mix 1 yr - CGC
BullyLady
Proud Uber Nerd

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2008, 3:23 pm

Sophie was so pretty
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » April 29th, 2008, 3:55 pm

Welcome! Sirius is STUNNING! And that little one certainly looks like trouble. 8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » April 29th, 2008, 4:34 pm

:wave2: Welcome and Hello, I am getting to know Great Danes very well. My friend has a 5 month old named Charlie. Sirius is beautiful and Shelby's eyes are to die for.
I am sorry to hear about Sophie. I am sure yall gave her a wonderful life while she was with you.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 29th, 2008, 5:02 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » April 29th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Hello and welcome!! :)
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby Scout » April 29th, 2008, 7:28 pm

Hello and welcome to PBT! :wave2: I'm sorry to hear that you loss Sophie especially after all the obstacles you guys overcame together...but at least she spent the last of years in house, with a family that loved her to the very end. And in the end, she showed you Bully love...and there ain't no other kind! :wink:

Shelby is very beautiful but she does look like a trouble maker...I hope your great dane can keep up with her! :wink: And I like his jacket!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby katiek0417 » April 30th, 2008, 11:36 am

What a good looking crew... I am so sorry to hear about your loss of Sophie...I'm sure she loved you as much as you loved her.

Welcome to PBT! :wave2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » April 30th, 2008, 2:44 pm

Welcome to PBT! Great pics...I love pics! :D
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Return to Introductions