RIP Scooby

Postby Jenny » April 26th, 2008, 6:22 pm

"Scooby" was named Yukon when he came to us from a local dog warden in Summer of 07 after being chased by the Sheriffs department and DCO for running deer. His previous owner and home life left much to be desired and his behavior was horrible at times as a result.
He loved his new name "Scooby" . He was so happy to be called, period.
Scooby was a small old style pit bull.. so cute. I'm a sucker for the red body suits.
He had some problems with a old leg injury that healed badly and ortho surgery was not recommended by his doc at Cornell... his temperament was similar to a person with PTSD...a little Jekyll and Hyde sometimes too. He got over most of "dementia" with my Steve and the uniform issues too but still had many issues that were unpredictable at times and we had to be careful housing him. It was worth it in the long run. He taught me so much about what could be fixed and what could not .. he was such a little clown when he was "up".
We fondly called him "Smeagal" sometimes after Golem in The Hobbit.. he was quite a character.
We loved him and let him stay with us, taught him everything we could, managed his painful leg and hip until it could not be managed anymore.
This last few weeks he was showing us he was in much pain continually, was losing weight and not resting or eating properly even when medicated, the Cosequin had stopped helping long ago and his other pain and anti inflammatory meds were not helping much. He had trouble getting into position to do his "business". Our only other option was to remove the leg. We opted not to.
Scooby took his last car ride Thursday the 24th, it was a beautiful day. He had hot dogs and ice cream that day.
Scooby even got to see a NYS Trooper up close and personal on the way to the vet because we got pulled over. I held my breath and held on the leash as the Trooper walked up to the car.
I was very proud of him when he grinned broadly from the backseat wagging his tail so proud to be going for a ride on a nice spring day when the Trooper approached our window.
Everyone at the vet loved him of course and wished things were different as I did. He left us in my arms wagging his tail loving all the attention. Peace at last for Scooby.

"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby airwalk » April 26th, 2008, 6:28 pm

Be in peace Scooby knowing you were loved.
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » April 26th, 2008, 8:34 pm

:cry: :cry: :cry:
RIP Scooby. He was so beautiful.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 27th, 2008, 2:11 am

RIP Scooby... :( Thanks for making his time here wonderful. :hug3:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby KJS » April 27th, 2008, 3:03 am

Goodnight Scooby...rest easy :(
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby iluvk9 » April 27th, 2008, 10:36 am

Hot dogs and ice cream.....can't ask for more than that.

RIP, Scooby ~ You obviously touched many people's hearts.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby hugapitbull » April 27th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Rest peacefully and pain free at Rainbow Bridge.
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby Patch O' Pits » April 27th, 2008, 4:38 pm

What a beautiful boy! I'm so very sorry things didn't work out better for him. But take peace in knowing that you could give him some of the love he deserved...

HUGS and condolences
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Scout » April 28th, 2008, 2:07 pm

run free with your friends and with out pain....RIP Scooby...
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » April 29th, 2008, 12:32 pm

Run free & play hard sweet Scooby
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenny » May 2nd, 2008, 2:20 pm

thanks guys.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Our Departed Friends