Shutterfly no longer accepted?

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby TheRedQueen » April 22nd, 2008, 11:47 pm

I can't seem to post any pics from Shuttefly anymore...it says no pics over 400 pixels wide.

I don't like photobucket...is there any way to use Shutterfly again? It worked fine before. :|
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby amazincc » April 22nd, 2008, 11:58 pm

You have to resize your pics to 400 pixels or under... the forum doesn't accept them any bigger right now. :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 12:18 am

Does anyone know if there is any way to resize in Shutterfly though?

I prefer Shutterfly's layout and services...and I don't want to have to upload to both photobucket and shutterfly. Anyone have ideas? :neutral:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » April 23rd, 2008, 12:21 am

Lemme go check it out. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby amazincc » April 23rd, 2008, 12:32 am

SHUTTERFLY STUDIO: Adjusting Image Size
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adjusting the size of you pictures can be helpful in the following two ways:

Expanding a picture can enhance its quality, especially for printing.
Decreasing its size can make it easier to share over email and the internet.
To adjust the size of a picture, double-click on a picture, then click the Refine tab and select Resize Picture.

Then enter a new value into either the width or height field. You can adjust the size either by a percentage or, if you are more comfortable using pixels, you can adjust pixel amounts instead.

A couple of important notes about the Maintain Aspect Ratio button: If the Maintain Aspect Ratio button is selected, then both the width and height fields will automatically update whenever you enter a value into either one of them. If you decide not to maintain aspect ratio, you should be aware that the image proportions will no longer remain fixed. The image may become compressed in one direction or another depending on the numbers that you enter.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 12:37 am

Ah...you so smart!

*blowing kisses* Love you! :loveU:

I'll mess around with it tomorrow...so hopefully there will be new pics then. I'm headed to bed now!

TheRedQueen

Postby Marinepits » April 23rd, 2008, 8:39 am

Thank you, Christine!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 10:31 am

Hmmmm...this may not work. I don't upload the pics to my computer (I have a mac mini that is having issues with photos)...John uploads them to his computer (Dell laptop), sends them to Shutterfly, and deletes them. The only time they're in the Shutterfly studio is when he's uploading them.

I'll try and see.

:neutral:

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » April 23rd, 2008, 11:27 am

What's the issue with your mac?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 11:54 am

katiek0417 wrote:What's the issue with your mac?

Ummmm...it's stupid? Oh wait, that's me!

I have iPhoto installed on it...and used to upload my photos onto that. But since last year, if I try and even OPEN iPhoto, it freezes up the entire computer. All my photos on it are stuck...I can't even go in and delete or move them to free up space (if that's the issue).

I've looked online to Mac help forums to see if I can figure it out, and tried different things, but it still happens. (don't ask what I've tried...I don't remember at all...no memory for stuff like that). My BIL has a Mac mini too, but he hasn't been up here lately to check it out (he's got his degree in Computer Science). John can't get into the office to check it out (he can't get the scooter in the door...it's too narrow...*damn old house* :cuss: <-----John).

So it just sits and does whatever else I need it to do...just not photos. :sad2:

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » April 23rd, 2008, 11:59 am

You can go into your actual file folders and delete the photos manually...then I'd reinstall iPhoto...also, do you have Cocktail?

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 12:16 pm

katiek0417 wrote:You can go into your actual file folders and delete the photos manually...then I'd reinstall iPhoto...also, do you have Cocktail?

Hmmm...I tried deleting from the folders at one point, but didn't work. I moved a bunch too...and put them in different folders. I don't remember exactly what I did. I tried reinstalling a new version of iPhoto...no go.

Do I need a cocktail? Yeah.

Do I have Cocktail? I dunno? :confused: I guess not, since I don't know what it is!

TheRedQueen

Postby amazincc » April 23rd, 2008, 12:21 pm

Can you e-mail them to me? I'll post them for you. :)
amazingchemnitz@aol.com

To download Cocktail - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/s ... ntain.html
Shutterfly for Mac users - http://www.shutterfly.com/downloads/features_mac.jsp

I don't know anything about Macs, so I'm not sure if this is the right version.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby TheRedQueen » April 23rd, 2008, 12:57 pm

amazincc wrote:Can you e-mail them to me? I'll post them for you. :)
amazingchemnitz@aol.com

To download Cocktail - http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/s ... ntain.html
Shutterfly for Mac users - http://www.shutterfly.com/downloads/features_mac.jsp

I don't know anything about Macs, so I'm not sure if this is the right version.

I've got a ton of photos...not sure what I'm going to post. Thanks for the offer...if I can't figure this out, I'll ask you. John may be able to upload them to photobucket also...if he's still got them on the computer.

TheRedQueen

Postby katiek0417 » April 23rd, 2008, 2:02 pm

Download Cocktail. It will allow you to do a few things, including force deleting things...however, before you do that, you should take your library out of your libraries folder and fix your permissions...When I get home and get on my mac, I'll post again with further instructions :wink:

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Questions / Problems