A little brag about my awesome Tully girl

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Sarah » March 25th, 2006, 11:42 pm

Training is overrated. ;)

My Tully's last agility trial was last August. Since that time, I haven't really been able to train. I think she's ran agility maybe twice since then, fun runs. She was surgically inseminated in October, had a litter of pups in December, lost most of the pups but raised one, was nearly strangled to death by my neighbor's dog 7 weeks ago, and was spayed 10 days later.

I ran her in an AKC trial today. She runs Excellent B, the highest level. She earned her first double-qualifying score, and a 2nd place in Standard. She was awesome! You'd never guess that it's been 6 months since she trained. (did have a little trouble with the start line stay in the first run, but I think she was just a little eager)

I'm so proud of her! I hope she passed some of that awesomeness on to her daughter, Tess.

Elmo was awesome too. His last trial was in October, he's not had much more chance at agility than Tully has, and was also badly injured recently. I didn't push him in today's trial, but he ran clean both courses. We went overtime on Standard because the table was so cold! Who could expect a Princess Boy Staffybull to lie down on it! (then the judge stopped counting when he propped one elbow up, which wasn't really fair, the other elbow was down) He had fun, and didn't hurt himself, which were my goals for him.

All of which proves that training is overrated! I'm never training again!
lol
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby cheekymunkee » March 26th, 2006, 12:40 am

Good job!!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 26th, 2006, 12:46 am

Congradulations!

Sarah wrote:All of which proves that training is overrated! I'm never training again!

Ruby just told me that she fully endorses this policy.

Riggs thinks Ruby is nuts and has promised to eat my spare bedroom if I try to impliment it.

Merlin and Faye think both dogs are stupid and returned to thier naps, they are tired from thier full day of sleeping.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Chris Fraize » March 26th, 2006, 12:50 am

:goodStuff:

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 26th, 2006, 9:47 am

Congrats!
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » March 26th, 2006, 10:45 am

that is excellent sarah!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Birdie says that she loves to work and train and her Mommy doesn't do it often enough for her tastes.

She thinks that it's disgusting that she has to throw her working collar and service vest in her Mother's lap during the winter to get her Mom to take her out to work. But she's glad it's spring so that we can work more.

Petey thinks it's unfair that Birdie gets to go out so much and will be glad when Daddy lets him play ball in the yard because he loves his ball.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 12:53 pm

You tell Petey that he can come up here and hang out with his Auntie Lys if he's feeling neglected! Wally needs some more kisses!!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 1:00 pm

SisMorphine wrote:You tell Petey that he can come up here and hang out with his Auntie Lys if he's feeling neglected! Wally needs some more kisses!!!!

I may be doing that in May - we want to go to a Larp and can't take the kids or Petey. Kids can go to my dads, but we don't want Petey to feel neglected. Birdie can come with me.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 1:10 pm

Yay for Petey!!!!!!!!!!

Will Birdie being wearing a costume??

PS: They kids can stay here too, you know. I work from home after all . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » March 27th, 2006, 1:27 pm

SisMorphine wrote:Yay for Petey!!!!!!!!!!

Will Birdie being wearing a costume??

PS: They kids can stay here too, you know. I work from home after all . . .

My Dad lives 6 miles from the Larp site and wants the girls to come visit him.

No costume for Birdie in the May event - maybe in June. I've got some great characters for us to play, so if she is fine with people running around dressed up like monsters, we may get to play them.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 9:56 pm

Hoyden wrote:My Dad lives 6 miles from the Larp site and wants the girls to come visit him.

Fine then. I'll just have Petey :)

But I get to see the whole fam for the weight pull, right?
SisMorphine

Postby Purple » March 27th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Congratulations, Sarah. Just one question...where are the pictures!!!!
Purple
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 27th, 2006, 10:04 pm

Purple wrote:Congratulations, Sarah. Just one question...where are the pictures!!!!

That, my friend, is a FABULOUS question.

Cough 'em up!!!!! :twisted:
SisMorphine

Postby Hoyden » March 28th, 2006, 12:06 am

Purple wrote:Congratulations, Sarah. Just one question...where are the pictures!!!!

Yep - we want PICTURES. We LOVE pictures.

And my 4 yr old daughter asked if she can use the pictures of Tully & Tess in the other thread for her "Wish Book"?

She wants her OWN dog and has decided she wants a Stafforshire Bull Terrier or an Am Staff. She has been cutting pictures out and gluing them into her book. My magazines have suffered for it.

She loves Tully - BTW.

Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Sarah » March 28th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Hey, I posted pictures of the girls, a link to tons more pictures, and links to video of the agility runs! What do you guys want?!
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Pitcrew » March 28th, 2006, 2:57 pm

Congrats Sarah and Tully!

Hopefully we will see you at a trial someday!

Will you be coming to our Bull-ympics? Love to have you!
"Pedigree indicates what the animal should be;
Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be;
But, Performance indicates what the animal actually is."
- author unknown
Pitcrew
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 28th, 2006, 6:26 pm

Sarah wrote:Hey, I posted pictures of the girls, a link to tons more pictures, and links to video of the agility runs! What do you guys want?!

I am going to stalk you & beg for pictures until you either post them daily or send me a dog. Simple as that. :|

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Purple » March 28th, 2006, 8:22 pm

cheekymunkee wrote:
Sarah wrote:Hey, I posted pictures of the girls, a link to tons more pictures, and links to video of the agility runs! What do you guys want?!

I am going to stalk you & beg for pictures until you either post them daily or send me a dog. Simple as that. :|

I have dibs on Tess!
Now, where are those pictures...I've already seen the website!
Purple
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 28th, 2006, 9:17 pm

Purple wrote:
cheekymunkee wrote:

I have dibs on Tess!
Now, where are those pictures...I've already seen the website!

Oh. No. You. Do. Not!!!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Sports