I should be cleaning...

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2006, 1:11 am

So I really should be cleaning the house. My dad and step-mom (who is essentially Martha Stewart) are coming to vist this weekend. I've cleaned a little. But I'm sitting on the floor, with Inara sprawled in front of me, effectively blocking most of the heat from the space heater. And I'm watching "What Not To Wear." *sigh* I'm bored, but not motivated to clean. And there's nobody on the boards tonight!!!
:popcorn2:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby msvette2u » March 25th, 2006, 1:20 am

I'm here... :|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 25th, 2006, 1:25 am

I guess I'm nobody... :cry:
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2006, 1:26 am

I love both of ya! I just meant that there's no new posts going up. Didn't mean to offend at all!!! I obviously love this site and the people on it - I check it every 10 minutes! ;-)
pitbullmamaliz

Postby msvette2u » March 25th, 2006, 1:30 am

lol no offense ;) I've been called worse than "nobody" before !! LOL
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 25th, 2006, 1:32 am

Let step-mom clean the house. I have a Martha Stewart friend & she always complains about the way I do things ( too much soap, not enough windex, not the right kind of floor cleaner) so I just let her do it. Get my house cleaned for free. BUT she rearranges stuff & I can never find it again.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2006, 1:32 am

Ahhhh, haven't we all? *grin*
pitbullmamaliz

Postby Hoyden » March 25th, 2006, 1:58 am

I should be getting some rest - but my brain won't shut down tonight.

So I decided that Birdie needed a new doggie collar. I am taking her with us to auditions tomorrow & want her to look spiffy.

My 14 year old daughter is auditioning for a part in the CT Renaissance Faire and most of the people there know Birdie - so I'm bringing her.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2006, 2:00 am

I can't imagine how horrified my step-mom would be if I left the house at it's "normal" resting state instead of spiffing it up. Heheheh...

Hoyden, did you get a new collar tonight? Or are you going to get one tomorrow?
pitbullmamaliz

Postby Hoyden » March 25th, 2006, 2:23 am

pitbullmamaliz wrote:I can't imagine how horrified my step-mom would be if I left the house at it's "normal" resting state instead of spiffing it up. Heheheh...

Hoyden, did you get a new collar tonight? Or are you going to get one tomorrow?

I made her a brand new 2" martingale collar with a buckle. Red celtic knot work on black.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 25th, 2006, 8:34 am

I have company over today. Yesterday I cleaned the fridge, found some liver, decided to cook it up. Then I got sidetracked by the insurance woman calling to try and get us to up our insurance (thus paying her several hundred more per period.) I have no sense of smell. Someone stole the batteries out of the smoke detector.

Anyone guess where this is going?

Liver incinerated.

House full of smoke.

Ack!

I mopped the ceilings and walls, I cleaned every cabinet, I dusted, swept, mopped, vaccuumed. The house still reeks according to hubby and kids.

It looks awesome, but......

Lesson, if you want something to make you clean, burn a pan of liver and try to get the smell out of your house!
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby SisMorphine » March 25th, 2006, 9:24 am

I should be cleaning too. I have someone staying at the house and covering the kennel while I go away for a night. My first night off since I took this job mid-December. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But either way the house is a pit so I totally need to clean the kitchen hardcore, my bedroom hardcore, change sheets, etc, all while still doing my kennel turn outs and packing myself to go away and my Wally to spend the night at grandma and grandpas. And I need to go get some pre-made raw because my mom doesn't like the sound of Wally crunching bones, makes her gag, so I need to drive a few towns over to pick that up, and go grocery shopping, and clean my car, and wrap some gifts (my friend just had her thrid baby, a little boy, so I decided to get her two girls some big sister gifts). And clean the rabbit cage and the fish bowl. And search for a picture that I need to get printed out and framed for tonight . . . and purchase a frame for the picture.

AARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really need to stop staring at this computer screen and get to work . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 25th, 2006, 9:38 am

SisMorphine wrote:I really need to stop staring at this computer screen and get to work . . .

Yeah, I think that'd be good for me too! So much easier said than done though, especially when you have a heavy puppy in your lap holding you done, preventing you from getting up...
pitbullmamaliz

Postby Jenn » March 25th, 2006, 9:45 am

Yall crack me up! I cleaned yesterday since I had the pleasure of being off work a little early and had nothing else to really do. Though I should be finishing my clothes washing, and baking a cake for later. I think I'll just procrastinate a little longer though. :D
Jenn
undecided

Postby Jenn » March 25th, 2006, 11:31 am

I completely give up!!!! The laundry wins and I lose! :( What do you do when your laundry keeps having new dirty laundry and multiplies faster than you can keep up? I've really got to get the socks, towels and washcloths neutered! LOL!

Seriously though, I despise when you've got everything you can find then low and behold a lone towel, sock, or washcloth.. :x
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » March 25th, 2006, 11:32 am

JennKBM wrote:I completely give up!!!! The laundry wins and I lose! :( What do you do when your laundry keeps having new dirty laundry and multiplies faster than you can keep up? I've really got to get the socks, towels and washcloths neutered! LOL!

Seriously though, I despise when you've got everything you can find then low and behold a lone towel, sock, or washcloth.. :x

I hate laundry. A lot. SO SO SO SO SO MUCH.

And it definitely does breed when you're not looking. And plays hide and seek. Laundry is my arch nemesis. :evil:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby mnp13 » March 25th, 2006, 4:06 pm

My Sock Monster is a BEAST. It not only eats socks, it also eats underwear, the occasional bra, and random shirts. I'm not sure how it fits under the drier anymore. I think it has replaced the troll under my basement stairs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby cheekymunkee » March 25th, 2006, 4:36 pm

I do not understand how my house gets do freaking dirty? What happens when I am not here? :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 25th, 2006, 7:35 pm

I HATE CLEANING!!!!

My house is a disaster and I have a million things to do. I can't get myself to even look at any of it.

ugh
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 26th, 2006, 9:04 am

http://www.flylady.com

It is a lifesaver!

I hate laundry too, it is just a never ending job. I always get stuck in the 5th stage-putting away. I will wash, dry, fold, sort, then ...I never manage to put it away. It sits in piles in each bedroom, and we pick out of the piles. I suppose if you are going to get stuck, that is the place to be :oops:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Next

Return to Off-Topic