Hello!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Tubular Toby » April 7th, 2008, 5:33 pm

Hey,
My name is Kristen. I am 20 years old and live in Arizona. I am also a member of petbulls on LiveJournal. I have loved pit bulls for the past 4-5 years. It all started with Felony. She was our first one (my mom got her while I was still in high school). I was the one who trained her for the most part, and she was such an amazing dog. Because of a freak accident with a can and suffocation, Felony is no longer with us. I still miss her dearly, as she just passed away last summer. I had called my mom (I now live in my own apartment an hour from her) to ask her about stew, and she had to tell me about Felony over the phone. I called into work and I think I cried harder than when my grandpa died. My boyfriend drove me to my mom's house that night. It was as painful as losing a sister (not that I have one, but with three older brothers, I can imagine).

As bas as it hurt, soon after we realized we needed another dog. No, he could never take the place of Felony, but we needed that companionship and love. Thus my mom got Bouncer. The same day, my brother, who always wanted a dog, got his littermate, Toby. Bouncer is a chocolate brown with white and Toby is a nice golden/yellow color with white. Beautiful boys. Well, I helped train Bouncer when I went to visit and soon my mom ended up with Toby as well, because my brother's wife doesn't like pets and they ended up having a nonfur kid and she didn't want to keep Toby. Sad for him. Uncertain for Toby. Inconvenient for my mom. Wishful thinking for me. Since my Mom and Dad were going to be moving to Oklahoma mid April, they needed to find Toby a forever home. I offered to help, wishing I could take him, but knowing that the owner of the house I would be renting said a cat was okay, not a dog. Then my boyfriend talked to him about a dog and he immediately agreed. So we are official Toby's new mom and dad. He was shuffled around for such a long time between my brothers and my mom that he never really belonged anywhere. But wherever I go, he'll belong with me from here on out. We are moving into the house on the 16th and he's coming with us!

Toby is a little less than a year old, microchipped, and will be getting neutered a few weeks after we get him (so he has time to get used to living with us and finals will be over).

Other than that, I am studying biology, not sure what my career will be, but I'll decide someday. Haha
What else? I also love horses and have my entire life. I don't have any currently, but I did all throughout high school and am waiting for college to be over someday so I can invest in another one. :D
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » April 7th, 2008, 5:56 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Marinepits » April 7th, 2008, 7:53 pm

Welcome to the forum! :wave2:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » April 7th, 2008, 7:59 pm

WELCOME to PBT!!!

Toby is a looker!!! :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » April 7th, 2008, 8:51 pm

Hi, Welcome to PBT! Toby is a good looking pup!!! :wave2:
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » April 7th, 2008, 9:44 pm

Hello and Welcome :wave2:
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure....
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 7th, 2008, 10:46 pm

Welcome! :wave:
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » April 7th, 2008, 10:51 pm

Welcome to PBT! I'm a member of petbulls also, though I probably haven't signed into LJ for over a year now! This forum is just too addictive ;)

Tony is a very handsome boy. You must be psyched to have him living with you!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Scout » April 8th, 2008, 12:37 pm

Hi! Welcome to PBT!! :wave2: I think that is way awesome your landlord agreed to let you guys have a dog...in turn giving Toby a forever home! :clap:

We hope you enjoy PBT!!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby TheRedQueen » April 8th, 2008, 12:39 pm

Sorry to hear about Felony... :sad2:

But happy to have you on here...and Toby is just sooo handsome! :D Welcome!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby gordonusnret » April 8th, 2008, 1:49 pm

:wave2: Welcome to PBT,sorry about your other dog,and congratulations on your new one.
Gordon
gordonusnret
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hey21jude » April 8th, 2008, 3:53 pm

Hi and Welcome! Toby is very cute. Can't wait to see more of him!!! :wave2:
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Tubular Toby » April 8th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Thanks everyone! I'm sure this community will be tons of help. My only current worry is when I have to move in a year and a half to transfer to a different school and being able to find somewhere to live. I have so far found two apartments in Flagstaff, AZ that have no breed or weight restrictions according to the Coconino Humane Society. I still have to call and confirm that.

Other than that, I am thrilled to finally have a dog again! I missed them so much.
-Kristen
Owned by Totally Tubular Toby

Buy the ticket, take the ride

http://tubular-toby.blogspot.com/
Tubular Toby
Confident Young Bully

Return to Introductions