New Introduction

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby wagltail » April 6th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Hello,

I'm attempting to register here in order to post an adoption listing. I live in West hartford CT, and currently am fostering a very high energy, handsome, tan male pit mix. He had been chained in his previous "owner's" yard for all of his early life - from 2 months to 12 months. We've had him neutered and fully vetted - he's dog friendly, great with our teen-age kids, but a little too rambunctious for cats and small children. He's eager to learn ( and eager to please), but hasn't had much training beyond sit! and stop! Walks nicely on a harness, great jumper (frisbee potential?), loves attention! Gets along well with our two dogs: 3 y.o. female pit mix and 4 y.o. male lab mix. I've been attempting to post him on Craigslist, but my posts keep getting flagged for removal - just before my most recent "flagging" a friendly person suggested I try this forum. Please let me know how I can get the word out to find a good home for this lovely boy.

thanks for any help and advice!
wagltail
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » April 6th, 2008, 5:28 pm

Hello! :wave2: PBT has lots of members who live in the NE and may be able to help you.

Why not add to your intro and tell us about yourself and how you got into fostering and dog ownership? When you are approved to post elsewhere, you can tell us all about your foster. Maybe you can even become an active member here, and join in the fun. :dance:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby doglvrx3 » April 6th, 2008, 5:32 pm

Welcome!! I'm the one that told you to come here. There are GREAT ppl in here that hopefully can help you. You'll love the information on here! :clap:
**You may only make a difference some of the time, but failing to try only guarantees you will NEVER make a difference.**
doglvrx3
Just Whelped

Postby iluvk9 » April 6th, 2008, 5:33 pm

doglvrx3 wrote:Welcome!! I'm the one that told you to come here. There are GREAT ppl in here that hopefully can help you. You'll love the information on here! :clap:

That was nice of you! I will make sure you get points for something or other... :giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby doglvrx3 » April 6th, 2008, 5:51 pm

not looking for points but if you'd like to come pick up dog poo as a thank you, i wont argue :P
**You may only make a difference some of the time, but failing to try only guarantees you will NEVER make a difference.**
doglvrx3
Just Whelped

Postby TheRedQueen » April 6th, 2008, 11:28 pm

I'm full up on tan male pit bull mixes for the moment...but I'll keep him in mind when someone admires Score. ;)

But really...welcome to PBT! Stick around and post a while! (after you write out that intro of course! We're nosy!)

:dance:
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby iluvk9 » April 7th, 2008, 5:44 am

doglvrx3 wrote:not looking for points but if you'd like to come pick up dog poo as a thank you, i wont argue :P

8)
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Scout » April 7th, 2008, 2:17 pm

Hello there! Welcome to PBT! :wave2:

Can't wait to know all about your foster and how you become a foster parent.

Hope you enjoy the forum and good luck with your foster! :D
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » April 7th, 2008, 5:56 pm

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Return to Introductions