Ulhan update

Post your pics and vids here.

Postby pocketpit » March 22nd, 2006, 8:28 pm

Well it's been exactly one month since Ulhan came into the clinic and the improvement in his leg is fantastic. I'm posting a picture at the bottom of the thread of the progress so beware anyone who can't stomach medical stuff.
He still has another month at least before he'll be anywhere near normal again but the granulation is almost complete and scar tissue is beginning to move in.
He's gained 8lbs (from 56 when he arrived to 64 now) but he still needs to pack on some more. However, he's enjoying life and we're enjoying him. He's such a doll that everyone who meets him just falls in love. So without further rambling here's a couple of new pictures.

pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Purple » March 22nd, 2006, 8:31 pm

He's looking happy in your pics, good to hear he is progressing in a positive way!
Purple
I live here

Postby chance's mom » March 22nd, 2006, 9:54 pm

he is gorgeous, glad to hear he is doing better, and thank you for taking care of him!!!
chance's mom
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 22nd, 2006, 9:57 pm

he is looking so much better, so is his leg....
Maryellen
I live here

Postby odnarb » March 22nd, 2006, 10:11 pm

That looks GREAT!

He's a handsome boy. Are you gonna keep him? LOL
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 22nd, 2006, 11:09 pm

Wow!! He has the prettiest face. His legs looks 1000% better but still looks painful to me. He looks soo happy!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby babyreba » March 23rd, 2006, 12:16 pm

wow, he does look good!
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 23rd, 2006, 1:03 pm

I'm sorry... what happened to his leg again?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pocketpit » March 23rd, 2006, 3:41 pm

I'm sorry... what happened to his leg again?

Long story short, he was a stray brought in with an old wound consistent with being hit by a car. It's a degloving injury which ground everything off down to the bone. We're hoping to save the leg and have it be semi usable rather than amputate.
Thanks to everyone's well wishes and a miracle, he's healing nicely and quickly.

Odnarb asked:
are you going to keep him?

Believe me if everyone had their say, he wouldn't be going anywhere! I'm being pushed by everyone (including my husband) to keep him. The same qualities that allow him to fit into our household so smoothly also make him very adoptable so my plan is merely to rehabilitate him and then adopt him out. However, the home has to be perfect as he's very special to us. His bond with me is ridiculous. He loves to socialize but the minute I look like I might leave the scene, he's right there. He'll drop anything to pursue me.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby Malli » March 23rd, 2006, 4:53 pm

is he weight bearing on his leg yet?
Malli
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby pocketpit » March 23rd, 2006, 6:38 pm

is he weight bearing on his leg yet

Well, technically yes but he chooses not to much of the time. If he's wandering around slowly and in no hurry to get anywhere he touches down with it. And he uses that leg to stand on when he hikes his leg to pee (old habits are hard to break I guess) :rolleyes2:
His collateral ligaments were sheared off so there is no stabilization of the joint on the outside. It used to just flop around horribly but the granulation tissue has snugged it up some and I'm told that once the scar tissue forms and shrinks he'll have support. In the meantime his weight bearing ability comes from his bandage and jerry rigged splint we devised.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby bustersmama » March 24th, 2006, 11:04 am

Well thanks for helping this guy out. I think he is a great looking dog. Wishing him a speedy recovery and a great adoption!
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2006, 1:09 pm

He is really beautiful, Dawn. I hope you keep him so we get to keep seeing pictures! (or better yet..I have a possibility of meeting him in person)
Violet
Loyally Bully

Return to Gallery and Cinema