Will be available soon (6 weeks)

Postby BigDogBuford » March 23rd, 2006, 11:24 pm

pocketpit wrote:Personally if the mom didn't have brindle in her coloring I wouldn't see any Pit in her at all so I don't see what the problem is with Violet calling them Lab or Ret/Pointer crosses. I'm sure that's what they'll look like.

I agree with this. Other than the brindling....I don't really see ANY pit in her at all.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2006, 12:00 am

and you have seen her in person.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 24th, 2006, 12:06 am

Malli wrote:And it will benefit the adopters to have them listed otherwise, what if BSL shows up where they live??
regardless of their mix, there are just as many Golden Retrievers with just as much prey drive as a dog who is 1/4 Pit, maybe less. A 9 year old Golden Attacked my dog and left scars on his ear, it may have been that my dog was a rambuncious player, but a week or 2 later the Golden then turned on the submissive JRT that was also in our Training class, they had initially been friends.
I know that I/We have to be extra cautious with our Pits because of public perception, but its not as if the other "non-bully" breeds are exempt from aggression. If they were, then my Pit Bull might not be dog-reactive today, in fact, of the dogs who have picked on Oscar, not one of them has been a Pit.
Malli

I'd be more concerned about the puppies looking more pit bull as they get older, and if they are in a BSL place they could be confiscated. I see the pit bull in Mom's ears and jaw musculature, on her "head on" pics.
As an ACO in a BSL area the things I look for are body style, jaw musculature and ear set, mainly. It doesn't matter if their papers say they are "lab mix" or whatever, if they display characteristics and an ACO can show that, it doesn't matter what their papers say.
:|
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby BullyVW » March 24th, 2006, 12:22 am

Ah....they're heezamutts and sheezamutts...that's it

No need to list them as pits IMHO...I think they'll have better chances in life if listed as mutts..which is SOOO what they are.
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Kangas Mommy » March 24th, 2006, 12:26 am

Yeah they maybe like 1/16th pit? WHO THE HECK CARES! I wouldnt list them as that either. THEY ARE MUTTS! :|
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby msvette2u » March 24th, 2006, 12:30 am

Isn't hiding the fact their mom is half pit bull, an antithesis to what we are trying to overcome?
How about, what a great dog she is BECAUSE she has pit bull in her? Or what great puppies they are BECAUSE they are part pit bull, not "in spite" of it??
I'm confused...
msvette2u
I live here

Postby BullyVW » March 24th, 2006, 12:33 am

Ah....if she's half...I'm 1/4 Irish. She was brought in as a dalmation!
BullyVW
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Kangas Mommy » March 24th, 2006, 12:36 am

Shes not half. This is so stupid. Anyway i would not post them as pit anything if i had them. We will see in a couple more weeks. I am sure they WILL NOT look pit bull at all...
Kangas Mommy
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2006, 12:37 am

Who am I HIDING the fact that Haley is part pit from? Good grief.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby msvette2u » March 24th, 2006, 1:07 am

BullyVW wrote:Ah....if she's half...I'm 1/4 Irish. She was brought in as a dalmation!

I saw it somewhere on here that she was half!? (Like I said, I'm confused!)
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Violet » March 24th, 2006, 1:22 am

she is thought to be half pit half pointer..Her owners did not know for sure how much. In person she looks far more pointer than pit..and if she wasnt brindled..she wouldn't look pit at all. So..we have Mom who is half pit at the most. The only male around was a lab type dog. The puppies are turning into fluffballs. they are at msot a quarter pit. Which at that point..they are simply mutts.
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby pocketpit » March 24th, 2006, 2:26 am

Unless you can prove who her mother and father are (and we know we can't) how do we know she has any Pit in her at all. Prove it. Her coloring could be some sort of genetic result of her mix perhaps. I mean I've met a purebred black lab that had brindle points so it's not out of the realm of possibility that there is no Pit in her at all.
And a photo that makes her jaw look perhaps slightly boxy or her jaws somewhat squarish (I personally don't really see that) makes her part Pit? Now that I really disagree with. Isn't one of our big issues with why BSL doesn't work that many different breeds of dogs could fit the description often put forth in legislation?
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby JCleve86 » March 25th, 2006, 8:32 pm

Mama HARDLY looks bulldog in person...like everyone has said, if it weren't for the brindle patches, nobody would even guess she has ANY bulldog in her. She is a doll though...even when she was very new to V's home, and the pups just a few days old, when I came over to see her (and them) she was very good...today she was trying to give me hugs the whole time as if to say, "Yeah, my babies are cute, but you KNNOOOOOOW you love me more!!!"

Those pups DO NOT look bully at all. And I would put money on it that they won't ever look bully. They look just like little black fuzzy lab mix puppies...oh wait, that's what they are. :D
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 25th, 2006, 8:44 pm

From the pictures posted, I do not see pit bull in ANY of them, mom OR pups The puppies look labbish to me & she looks pointer. I had to read this thread to even know she had ANY pit bill in her. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Patch O' Pits » March 25th, 2006, 8:56 pm

Mama looks very sweet and the pups are adorable! Good luck with them all
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Previous

Return to Rescue