Pretty Little Mama

Postby LMM » March 30th, 2008, 3:59 pm

Well I have acquired a new foster! It was totally last minute but I have a special place in my heart, some would say a soft spot, for momma dogs. Mama was found crawling up onto a woman's porch in early December, pregnant and with a very heavy chain around her neck. Well she gave birth to her son and he was quickly adopted as soon as he was weaned. Mama was left behind, per usual :cry:

Her euth date was Wednesday, so I stepped in. She has some trust issues I am working on with her. She doesn't like men BUT will warm up to them, it just takes a little time. It's a pretty good indicator she wasn't treated well by someone of the male persuasion.

So anyway, she is a great little dog! And I do mean little, she is about 30 pounds. She is a pit mix but no clue what she might be mixed with. She gets along with other dogs but is cautious so a slower introduction is necessary. After about an hour, she was totally at ease with my pups. She is good around children and cats as well, apparently she was tested at the shelter with cats. She is an under the cover snuggler too :mrgreen: I learned this last night as Mama spent what I can only assume is her first night in an actual bed lol

Well here she is, I took this yesterday. Her coloring is so striking!

This is a pic taken at the shelter:

LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 30th, 2008, 4:06 pm

what a sweetie! she looks like she could fly away with those ears!
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby iluvk9 » March 30th, 2008, 4:06 pm

I :heartbeat: her face! I can see why she won you over.

Thank you for taking her in. I am partial to brindles.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby BigDogBuford » March 30th, 2008, 4:32 pm

She's cute!
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby Beth » March 30th, 2008, 4:43 pm

She is beautiful. Thank you for taking her in and giving her a chance.
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby hey21jude » March 30th, 2008, 4:57 pm

I too have a soft spot for the mamas! She is beautiful! Thanks for taking her in!
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby lilabet » March 30th, 2008, 6:21 pm

Oh Thank You! I saw her elsewhere, petfinder I think, and thought she was adorable. I was hoping she would be saved. I'm so glad you got her out safe.
lilabet
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue