HELP NEEDED!! PLS READ and HELP IF YOU CAN (courtesy post)

Postby doglvrx3 » March 28th, 2008, 10:27 am

Hello Fellow Rescuers,

I need help. These nice kidz were to be ported to a Texas Shelter..Come on guys, nobody ports Pits to Texas..They fight em there...So, now we have 3 gorgeous kidz that need rescue..I am committed to getting them rescue and I will also arraign transport for them..

All I need is your rescue to step up for them...Please contact me directly at tklemko@verizon.net to let me know if you can take 1,2 or all three of them..We have 2 girls and an little boy..If you can't take em, please post like crazy...

Toni Klemko
717-697-4758
**You may only make a difference some of the time, but failing to try only guarantees you will NEVER make a difference.**
doglvrx3
Just Whelped

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 28th, 2008, 12:26 pm

I know Toni...I'll email her and see if we can get some pictures to post. That sometimes helps things along.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 30th, 2008, 11:44 am

Okay I've got pictures...

Helenka
Helenka was found in a vacant house after a horrible 3-day long snow storm and temperatures were the most frigid they had been this season. Helenka, another mother dog and a total of 4 very young pups were found in the damp basement of the freezing. There was no food, water, or heat. Helenka was very underweight but remarkably had managed to keep the her beloved babies healthy and warm. When the officers walked into the basement, the gratitude could be seen in their eyes and they were gathered for a ride out of the horrid conditions. The pups have recently been weaned from the mothers' and now Helenka is looking for rescue. She is approximately 2 years of age and is very well mannered and super affectionate, it is hard not to want to help her get a second chance at life. She weights Approx 38 lbs.....still needs to add between 6-10 lbs. She appears to do well with other dogs and LOVES TOYS, especially tennis balls. She is special and she deserves a chance. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

Katie
When found she was emaciated, cold, and very distraught. She curled into the officer for warmth. She looked to have just had puppies, although no puppies were found. She had some scrapes on her, which look to be raccoon or other small animal scrapes. The scrapes have healed and what started out as a thin dry coat of fur is now shiny and healthy. She lightens up whenever taken for a walk and enjoys the company of male doggies! Gage, another dog at the shelter, has become her best buddy! (Gage is also available for rescue. He is not scheduled to be euthanized for a couple of weeks.) Very sweet and affectionate. She is mellow and would be a great companion. The shelter guesses her age to be approx 3 yrs old and she weighs 40 lbs. Still needs to gain just a little more weight. The pics are from when she first arrived at the shelter. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

(left...Gage on right)

Nibbles
Nibbles was found hidden in a bush one morning, seeking shelter from the pouring rain. She was emaciated and cold. A good Samaritan found Nibbles and dropped her off at the shelter. Nibbles is about 3 yrs old and approx 45 lbs. She got her name from the fact that her right ear appears to have been "nibbled" on by another animal. There are a couple of tears in it but other than looking a little funny, it is not a problem. She does well around other dogs. She has played with a couple of males and her butt wiggles the whole time she is around them. She's not extremely hyper nor lazy....she has just the right amount of energy in her. Very sweet and loving to people. Good on a leash and loves to go for long walks on the nature trails. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

CJ
Meet CJ, a dog with a couple of nick names… “sweetie boyâ€
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 30th, 2008, 11:50 am

[quote="On March 30 2008, 10:44 AM, LaylaWoobie"]Okay I've got pictures...

Helenka
Helenka was found in a vacant house after a horrible 3-day long snow storm and temperatures were the most frigid they had been this season. Helenka, another mother dog and a total of 4 very young pups were found in the damp basement of the freezing. There was no food, water, or heat. Helenka was very underweight but remarkably had managed to keep her beloved babies healthy and warm. When the officers walked into the basement, the gratitude could be seen in their eyes and they were gathered for a ride out of the horrid conditions. The pups have recently been weaned from the mothers' and now Helenka is looking for rescue. She is approximately 2 years of age and is very well mannered and super affectionate, it is hard not to want to help her get a second chance at life. She weights Approx 38 lbs.....still needs to add between 6-10 lbs. She appears to do well with other dogs and LOVES TOYS, especially tennis balls. She is special and she deserves a chance. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

Katie
When found she was emaciated, cold, and very distraught. She curled into the officer for warmth. She looked to have just had puppies, although no puppies were found. She had some scrapes on her, which look to be raccoon or other small animal scrapes. The scrapes have healed and what started out as a thin dry coat of fur is now shiny and healthy. She lightens up whenever taken for a walk and enjoys the company of male doggies! Gage, another dog at the shelter, has become her best buddy! (Gage is also available for rescue. He is not scheduled to be euthanized for a couple of weeks.) Very sweet and affectionate. She is mellow and would be a great companion. The shelter guesses her age to be approx 3 yrs old and she weighs 40 lbs. Still needs to gain just a little more weight. The pics are from when she first arrived at the shelter. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

(left...Gage on right)

Nibbles
Nibbles was found hidden in a bush one morning, seeking shelter from the pouring rain. She was emaciated and cold. A good Samaritan found Nibbles and dropped her off at the shelter. Nibbles is about 3 yrs old and approx 45 lbs. She got her name from the fact that her right ear appears to have been "nibbled" on by another animal. There are a couple of tears in it but other than looking a little funny, it is not a problem. She does well around other dogs. She has played with a couple of males and her butt wiggles the whole time she is around them. She's not extremely hyper nor lazy....she has just the right amount of energy in her. Very sweet and loving to people. Good on a leash and loves to go for long walks on the nature trails. Scheduled to be euthanized later this week.

CJ
Meet CJ, a dog with a couple of nick names… “sweetie boyâ€
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 30th, 2008, 12:21 pm

my bad, I meant to edit instead of quote...

anyway, I've fallen in love with Helenka and think I might take her. I've emailed Toni to see how she is with cats, so I'm waiting to hear back. Keep your fingers crossed!!! :mrgreen:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby amazincc » March 30th, 2008, 1:52 pm

Gawd, I wish I could take one... :cry:

Fingers crossed for you, Kendell. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 30th, 2008, 3:45 pm

Okay, well that's out. I was told "There is no way to test on cats..We are not looking for adopters but rather rescues so they can test them on stuff like cats.."

I guess it's better to put them to sleep than to adopt them out...clearly they'd be better going to rescues than a home? I'm so upset... This sucks.

I've never heard of someone WANTING a dog to go to a rescue over being adopted?!?! :cry:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LMM » March 30th, 2008, 4:43 pm

Aww that does suck! :(

Unfortunately I see this all the time. I think (not speaking for all shelters) some do this because it's easier on them and less work. Get 'em in get 'em out.

It's pretty infuriating and frustrating.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » March 30th, 2008, 4:46 pm

Kendell I sent you a pm!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Return to Rescue