New Kennel in the Making?????

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 23rd, 2006, 9:19 am

Um, Dirk went home at 4 weeks? Isn't that about 4 weeks too early?
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby bustersmama » March 23rd, 2006, 10:18 am

I hope no one is that genuinely suprised at all this. Seems to me that the writing has been on the wall the whole time - now she just has the "perfect" bitch to put the wheels in motion.

It gives me chills to think of all the puppies that will potentailly be killed by her and her quest for the perfect dog.
bustersmama
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 10:25 am

bustersmama wrote:I hope no one is that genuinely suprised at all this. Seems to me that the writing has been on the wall the whole time - now she just has the "perfect" bitch to put the wheels in motion.

It gives me chills to think of all the puppies that will potentailly be killed by her and her quest for the perfect dog.

Actually, for SOME reason I am. I guess it is because a few years ago she was stating how she would never have another litter of puppies & how wrong she felt for her "accidental" breedings. Blah blah blah. I don't know, I just didn't think she would do it or even consider it. :|
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pLaurent » March 23rd, 2006, 12:05 pm

I guess it is because a few years ago she was stating how she would never have another litter of puppies & how wrong she felt for her "accidental" breedings

How many "accidental" breedings have there been, other than the Cane Corso mutt breeding? As many as have been "accidental" fatalities and "yard accidents"? :o
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 12:13 pm

Oh hell, NOT at many as her "accidents". I think she has had 2 breedings in her yard. SHe bred Grip in '98.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby odnarb » March 23rd, 2006, 12:28 pm

Romanwild wrote:I own a RE BYB. I didn't know better. What's her excuse?

If you want an RE dog, that's what you need to do. If you want a Sorrell dog, that is what you have to do.

I understand that she's your friend. I just don't know why you're defending her. :?

I think that the potential litter could create some amazing dogs. I used to see things in black and white as it seems to be looked at on this board. But, I see a lot more grey now as well.

How much was the deposit? :wink:

She actually has no idea I find the potential litter appealing. Unless, she's reading this board.

But yes, I am being selfish about it. i've been waiting for years for somebody to get some gamebred dogs and start breeding them in an ethical manner. And, this is one step closer.
Aimee
Grant the Library Dog
Harry the Hellhound
http://www.odnarb.com
odnarb
Loyally Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 23rd, 2006, 12:46 pm

odnarb wrote:I think that the potential litter could create some amazing dogs. I used to see things in black and white as it seems to be looked at on this board. But, I see a lot more grey now as well.

I agree 100% issues like breeding are much more gray than I wish they were. Personally my issue is the complete turn around and the apparent arrogance that accompanied that change.

odnarb wrote:But yes, I am being selfish about it. i've been waiting for years for somebody to get some gamebred dogs and start breeding them in an ethical manner. And, this is one step closer.

Yes, it has to start somewhere. However again, after seeing all the preaching Diane has done it's a rough pill to swallow. In addition, she had plenty of nasty things to say about the woman she got the dog from, and then all of a sudden that same woman is just the nicest person she's ever met with the best dogs.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Sarah » March 23rd, 2006, 1:34 pm

dogcrazyjen wrote:Um, Dirk went home at 4 weeks? Isn't that about 4 weeks too early?

Yes. That's one of the things that Diane is weird about. When I was discussing breeding Tully, and I mentioned that the pups would be staying with me until 10 weeks old, Diane said that all her best dogs came to her at 4 weeks, and seemed to believe that this gave you a training advantage.

The only reason it would ever make sense to take a pup at 4 weeks would be if the breeder were a complete irresponsible loser who left the pups out in a shed and never did anything with them. (critical socialization period) If the breeder is doing everything right with the pups, introducing them to people, noises, etc, 10 weeks is ideal. I got Tully (the dam of my litter) at 13 1/2 weeks, and at 4 years, she has a CDX, U-CDX, AX, AXJ, UAGII, UWPCH, & RA. Diane didn't have much to say when I pointed that out.

BTW, on the "emperor's new clothes" syndrome that some have discussed- I haven't found that to be the case. I've never found there to be anyone so respected that there aren't people willing to rip into them on internet forums. Usually, if the person has some respect, then this flame will be prefaced with "nobody is willing to say anything bad about this person", right before proclaiming the individual as the antichrist. If the person hasn't earned anyone's respect yet, they are just flamed without the preamble.
Sarah
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby DemoDick » March 23rd, 2006, 1:53 pm

Honestly, I'm not that impressed with OFA or PennHip as a breeding requirement. If a dog scores OFA good once 99% of the people out there would be satisfied. A few years of work and all of a sudden HD shows up...but the dog was OFA'd, right? Yes, ONCE.

Dog physiology changes over time depending on genetics and environmental factors. I'm more interested in seeing a long working career in sire and dam than good hip scores. After all, it's the dog's hips that carry his weight, not his hip certification

Having said that, Diane made her bed by preaching "do as I say, not as I do". That seems to be most people's issue here.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby bullymommy » March 23rd, 2006, 6:15 pm

this is totally off topic of what is being said but i just wish that havoc wasnt so damn cute!!!
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Maryellen » March 23rd, 2006, 6:25 pm

havoc is adorable, but if she doesnt cut dianes wishful thinking, she will cull her like she did with the other dog she had. was that grip i think.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 6:29 pm

No, not Grip. I can't remember off hand the dog's name but it was the one she got before Hellboy.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby bullymommy » March 23rd, 2006, 6:29 pm

i dont know. i seriously dont know much about her (dont really wish to either)
bullymommy
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 6:31 pm

ppffftt, dog isn't even on her site anymore.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby concreterose » March 23rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Maryellen wrote:havoc is adorable, but if she doesnt cut dianes wishful thinking, she will cull her like she did with the other dog she had. was that grip i think.

No not grip, grip's her old gal that was bred. Guppy's the dog that was PTS.
concreterose
Loyally Bully

Postby Violet » March 23rd, 2006, 7:01 pm

Guppy?
Violet
Loyally Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2006, 7:31 pm

Violet wrote:Guppy?

Thats the one!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Maryellen » March 23rd, 2006, 7:51 pm

yep that was it, thanks mil!! she didnt do anything with guppy for a year, then euth'd her..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby bahamutt99 » March 23rd, 2006, 10:29 pm

I was just thinking, its too bad that the gamebred sect doesn't respect her more, or they might emulate some of the things she plans to do. (Like health-test.) Problem is, many of them think she's a tool, so even if she has the right idea fundamentally, now they'll argue harder against doing it because DJ is doing it.
~~~
[b]Lindsay
[i]& the [url=http://www.freewebs.com/bahamutt99/index.htm]Gravity Dogs[/url][/i][/b]
bahamutt99
Confident Young Bully

Postby JCleve86 » March 25th, 2006, 9:22 pm

bahamutt99 wrote:I was just thinking, its too bad that the gamebred sect doesn't respect her more, or they might emulate some of the things she plans to do. (Like health-test.) Problem is, many of them think she's a tool, so even if she has the right idea fundamentally, now they'll argue harder against doing it because DJ is doing it.

Very, very true. Although most game folks have hated her since day one for her bite sport work and for having Dread play demon dog in a movie or two.

I've always said that I don't have a problem with her buying that puppy...I've considered doing the EXACT same thing...starting a line of health tested, working, ADBA/correct bulldogs. Of course I'd have looooong way to go to even begin to consider doing that.

But then I'm not Diane Jessup. I never said that nobody should be breeding right now, even responsible breeders.

And that there are no working prospects in rescue is just a flat out lie. She had two prospects for this past WSP session just from people that I know alone, only one was seen by her, and she ended up flunking out because she thought other dogs were way cooler than working. The other one at least deserved a chance, and he never got it and whoops, the deadline to get in the class passed...while she was picking up her new puppy. As was said before, I'd be willing to bet dollars to dimes that the reason she wasn't contacted by more people about more prospects was because SHE is who she is, not because the dogs aren't out there.

I don't have a personal problem with her...I've met her and found her to be quite nice, sweet even. I just don't agree with a lot of what she's done or said as of late.
JCleve86
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk