Christine & Mick

Here is where we can discuss canine cancers and treatment options to create a support system for those dealing with the disease.

Postby amazincc » March 26th, 2008, 12:25 am

On March 26 2008, 12:18 AM, gayrghts wrote:I think we should create a poll, and figure out how to do some type of fundraiser with the date of when Mick will give Dr C a kiss....

Not gonna happen... seriously. He is muzzled at all times when he's around "strangers" and I plan on keeping it that way. He's far too unpredictable around people, and I would NEVER take a chance and let him loose on Dr. Correa. She is an awesome doctor and handles him beautifully by not pretending to want to be his friend... and there is some mutual respect there. She "gets" him and I'm very, very grateful that she even agreed to treat him - not many vets would have. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » March 26th, 2008, 12:28 am

On March 25 2008, 11:25 PM, amazincc wrote:
On March 26 2008, 12:18 AM, gayrghts wrote:I think we should create a poll, and figure out how to do some type of fundraiser with the date of when Mick will give Dr C a kiss....

Not gonna happen... seriously. He is muzzled at all times when he's around "strangers" and I plan on keeping it that way. He's far too unpredictable around people, and I would NEVER take a chance and let him loose on Dr. Correa. She is an awesome doctor and handles him beautifully by not pretending to want to be his friend... and there is some mutual respect there. She "gets" him and I'm very, very grateful that she even agreed to treat him - not many vets would have. :wink:

Ahh I figured he'd be muzzled... but he can't kiss thru his muzzle?
Harley can... they muzzle him when they do stuff that might hurt, although i don't feel they need to, i'm ok with them being careful... but he can lick/kiss thru it.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » March 26th, 2008, 12:33 am

No KISSING, Heather... give it up!!! :rolleyes2: :bitchSlap:

If he wasn't MY adorable, lovable Beast there's NO WAY I would put my face near his head... muzzled or not. :wink: :lol3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby cheekymunkee » March 26th, 2008, 9:39 am

On March 25 2008, 11:33 PM, amazincc wrote:No KISSING, Heather... give it up!!! :rolleyes2: :bitchSlap:

If he wasn't MY adorable, lovable Beast there's NO WAY I would put my face near his head... muzzled or not. :wink: :lol3:

:backRoll: :backRoll:

I'm glad his visits are getting easier for him to manage.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Scout » March 26th, 2008, 2:25 pm

that is so wonderful Christine! I'm so glad this visit went so smooth..and even Mick couldn't resists giving the Doc a little tail wag...that is a gooood sign!! :mrgreen:

Way to go Mick, Christine and Caroline!!!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jeni » March 26th, 2008, 8:40 pm

Good boy Mick - keep it up!

Christine, I know you've got to be so proud of him, the two of you have worked so hard together - Congrats!
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » April 2nd, 2008, 8:42 pm

Beast did alright! :)
I know some "good thoughts" posts vanished, but the good thoughts and calming vibes got to him okay anyway. :mrgreen:
Some anxiety, some growling (I think now it's more for "show" than anything :rolleyes2: ), but Mick settled down, got his injection, and didn't object to the exam too much. We had him just about spread-eagled and on his back, on the floor, so Dr. Correa could listen to his heart and feel his lymph nodes... he gave me a look of utter bewilderment and righteous indignation, but he stayed relatively calm and didn't put up a fight. :D
His white count is a little low, but within the "acceptable" range... the "mass" is there but hasn't changed in size or appearance.

We only have FIVE treatments left to go... our last one is on May 13th!!!!

I didn't think we would ever even get this far... and I am so happy and excited for my boy!
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » April 2nd, 2008, 8:45 pm

lol growling for show....

kindof like i'm growling because this is what i'm supposed to do when i'm in this situation?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby amazincc » April 2nd, 2008, 8:54 pm

gayrghts wrote:lol growling for show....

kindof like i'm growling because this is what i'm supposed to do when i'm in this situation?

Kind of like... "Just reminding ALL of you not to get too fresh w/my nether-region"... and half-heartedly at that... lol
Old habits die hard. :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » April 2nd, 2008, 9:03 pm

awe.... well he's such a cutie... that old habits can be cute too, when they are no longer scary....

I bet that your daughter, Jessica, would be shocked to see how good he is these days at the vet.
:clap:
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby airwalk » April 2nd, 2008, 9:34 pm

Yay Mick! and hey a guy has to remind all those women there are limits ya know!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Beth » April 2nd, 2008, 9:57 pm

Yeah for Mick! Good boy! And good Momma, too!
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby CinderDee » April 3rd, 2008, 12:03 pm

WTG, Mick & Christine!!! :bounce:

You're almost there....5 more treatments! :clap:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Scout » April 3rd, 2008, 2:53 pm

whoa...he gets better and better...way to go Christine and Mick!!! :bounce:
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby blabsforbullies » April 3rd, 2008, 6:13 pm

SO VERY GLAD TO HEAR ALL WENT WELL!!!! :wink3:
GO BEAST!!!! :bounce:
We have a Mastiff... does that count??? :)
http://www.teamblabador.com

Akisa & Team Blabador
blabsforbullies
Giver of the Wubba

Postby Malli » April 3rd, 2008, 6:35 pm

:bounce:
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby sw_df27 » April 4th, 2008, 12:10 pm

way to go mike!!!! :clap: :dance:
sw_df27
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby CinderDee » April 8th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Did Mick have a treatment today? If so, how did it go?
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby airwalk » April 8th, 2008, 11:12 pm

Thanks for reminding me Dee it is Tuesday, isn't it...so was Mick a good boy today?
airwalk
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » April 9th, 2008, 8:06 am

Ack! I can't believe I forgot yesterday was Tuesday! I hope it all went well! Yesterday was a long treatment, right?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

PreviousNext

Return to Canine Cancer