why do some people.....

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby katiek0417 » March 21st, 2008, 10:12 pm

oh fine...what do I need to do?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby airwalk » March 22nd, 2008, 12:19 am

Katrina I think you and I have to go find someone with a name with Shank in it and stab them...that or give Michele and hug and let her shank us???? I'm thinking I may stick with the picking on people thing.
airwalk
I live here

Postby amazincc » March 22nd, 2008, 6:12 am

On March 21 2008, 5:16 PM, mikeV wrote:Why do some people not have the ability to discuss things cogently and rationally without resorting to calling on the moderators or posting threads like this? :|
If you have a problem with this person then try and discuss it rationally off the board to resolve it. Just my $.02

I think that WAS the point of this thread... the people in question didn't want to call on the mods to resolve the problem w/said person. Though, seriously, I personally would have... being questioned/attacked about my sexual orientation/religion/race/political beliefs/etc. wouldn't sit well w/me.
My motto is:" If you've got nothing good to say - keep your mouth shut!" :wave: :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby iluvk9 » March 22nd, 2008, 8:45 am

On March 22 2008, amazincc wrote:
I think that WAS the point of this thread... the people in question didn't want to call on the mods to resolve the problem w/said person. Though, seriously, I personally would have... being questioned/attacked about my sexual orientation/religion/race/political beliefs/etc. wouldn't sit well w/me.
My motto is:" If you've got nothing good to say - keep your mouth shut!" :wave: :)

And stop making fun of Labradors, people......I know you are all jealous of me.

:giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » March 22nd, 2008, 9:28 am

On March 22 2008, 7:45 AM, iluvk9 wrote:

Joyce, we can start our own club!!! Proud owners of labradors: UNITE!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Beth » March 22nd, 2008, 10:22 am

On March 22 2008, 9:28 AM, katiek0417 wrote:
On March 22 2008, 7:45 AM, iluvk9 wrote:

Now this is one club I know I can join!
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 22nd, 2008, 10:26 am

On March 22 2008, 00:19, airwalk wrote:Katrina I think you and I have to go find someone with a name with Shank in it and stab them...that or give Michele and hug and let her shank us???? I'm thinking I may stick with the picking on people thing.

If you don't start spelling my name right I'm gonna shank you.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 22nd, 2008, 10:26 am

This sounds to me like a shanking club knock off.... totally lame... :giggle:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby Beth » March 22nd, 2008, 10:28 am

On March 22 2008, 10:26 AM, LaylaWoobie wrote:

This sounds to me like a shanking club knock off.... totally lame... :giggle:

From all of us members of the Proud owners of labradors club
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby mnp13 » March 22nd, 2008, 10:46 am

To get back on topic...

No one has the "right" to harass ANYONE on this forum. About anything. EVER. If you are unsure if your comments constitute "harassment" then put them on the board in public, we'll let you know if they are ok or if they are not.

There is no "right to free speech" on this board. There never has been, there never will be. The right to free speech is a right given to all Americans by the Constitution and applies to public domain. This is not public domain, this is my domain. If I decide that every post on the board must start and end with "I love to skip through tulips holding hands with Marinepits, Demo and Heather" then that is my perogative and if you don't do it, it is my right to delete each and every post that you make.

Together the staff has decided what will and will not be allowed on posts on the board, and that includes what is in PM's. We don't read PM's so we have to rely on our members to inform us if people are breaking rules behind the scenes. The only way we can stop this is to know it's going on.

Personally I don't, and never have, "taken things to PM" unless I was forced to. If I have something to say I put it out on the board, especially if it is "not very nice." That way it can't be twisted to make it out worse or something else than was intended, and it won't appear as if I'm hiding.

We were finally made aware of the actual situation behind this thread, and as a staff we are "giving notice" to all members. Under no circumstances will we tolerate harassment - in public or in private. The first step will be to remove the priviledge of PM's, the second will be to temporarily remove the priviledge of posting here, the third will be to perminantly remove the priviledge of posting here. We reserve the right to skip steps if we so choose. It is a priviledge to be a member of this community, you don't all have to get along, you don't all have to agree on issues, but you will treat others with respect. Period. Adults can have heated arguements and be civil at the same time. If you can't act like an adult you are not welcome here.

If you don't like the rules, go pay for your own domain name and make your own board - that's exactly what Charles and I did; we made this board because we didn't like how other boards were run. And please, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby amazincc » March 22nd, 2008, 11:22 am

:goodStuff: :clap:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby demolitionic » March 22nd, 2008, 11:43 am

shanking is still allowed though, right?
Time to nut up or shut up.
demolitionic
Devoutly Bully

Postby amazincc » March 22nd, 2008, 11:44 am

On March 22 2008, 11:43 AM, demolitionic wrote:shanking is still allowed though, right?

Also picking on Labradork people, correct???
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby CinderDee » March 22nd, 2008, 11:57 am

Good stuff, Michelle!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Magnolia618 » March 22nd, 2008, 12:39 pm

I'm allowed to make fun of labradorks (I used that term regularly now :lol ) I have to deal with literally dozens of them all day.

:evil: lol
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby mikeV » March 22nd, 2008, 1:35 pm

On March 22 2008, 9:46 AM, mnp13 wrote:To get back on topic...

No one has the "right" to harass ANYONE on this forum. About anything. EVER. If you are unsure if your comments constitute "harassment" then put them on the board in public, we'll let you know if they are ok or if they are not.

There is no "right to free speech" on this board. There never has been, there never will be. The right to free speech is a right given to all Americans by the Constitution and applies to public domain. This is not public domain, this is my domain. If I decide that every post on the board must start and end with "I love to skip through tulips holding hands with Marinepits, Demo and Heather" then that is my perogative and if you don't do it, it is my right to delete each and every post that you make.

Together the staff has decided what will and will not be allowed on posts on the board, and that includes what is in PM's. We don't read PM's so we have to rely on our members to inform us if people are breaking rules behind the scenes. The only way we can stop this is to know it's going on.

Personally I don't, and never have, "taken things to PM" unless I was forced to. If I have something to say I put it out on the board, especially if it is "not very nice." That way it can't be twisted to make it out worse or something else than was intended, and it won't appear as if I'm hiding.

We were finally made aware of the actual situation behind this thread, and as a staff we are "giving notice" to all members. Under no circumstances will we tolerate harassment - in public or in private. The first step will be to remove the priviledge of PM's, the second will be to temporarily remove the priviledge of posting here, the third will be to perminantly remove the priviledge of posting here. We reserve the right to skip steps if we so choose. It is a priviledge to be a member of this community, you don't all have to get along, you don't all have to agree on issues, but you will treat others with respect. Period. Adults can have heated arguements and be civil at the same time. If you can't act like an adult you are not welcome here.

If you don't like the rules, go pay for your own domain name and make your own board - that's exactly what Charles and I did; we made this board because we didn't like how other boards were run. And please, don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

I absolutely agree Michelle but there is a difference in "discussion" and "harassment." If I asked you why you were a Democrat or Republican or whatever other topic and you said you did not want to discuss it and I pressed then that would be harassment. If however you answered me and I in turn answered you back that is discussion and not harassment. :wink:
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby mnp13 » March 22nd, 2008, 2:05 pm

If you respectfully asked me if I was a Democrat that would be fine. If you asked me if I was Idiot Liberal Baby Killing Democrat that would be a different matter all together. You know damn well you did the equivilent of the latter.

I am not stupid, my staff is not stupid, we didn't even have to "read between the lines" on this one, it was abundantly clear.

Do not test me, do not test my staff, do not mess with my members. You will not win.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby airwalk » March 22nd, 2008, 3:11 pm

On March 22 2008, 10:44 AM, amazincc wrote:
On March 22 2008, 11:43 AM, demolitionic wrote:shanking is still allowed though, right?

Also picking on Labradork people, correct???

No picking on the labradork people...people...and BTW okay Michelle, I'll try to get my fingers to hit that l twice just for you, oh and no hugging.
airwalk
I live here

Postby mikeV » March 22nd, 2008, 4:00 pm

On March 22 2008, 1:05 PM, mnp13 wrote:If you respectfully asked me if I was a Democrat that would be fine. If you asked me if I was Idiot Liberal Baby Killing Democrat that would be a different matter all together. You know damn well you did the equivilent of the latter.

I am not stupid, my staff is not stupid, we didn't even have to "read between the lines" on this one, it was abundantly clear.

Do not test me, do not test my staff, do not mess with my members. You will not win.

That is such a load of crap Michelle and you know it.
You have "moderators" here that send me PMs telling me to "Fuc# Off" and somehow I am the bad guy? Get real!
Do your moderators always have to resort to ad hominem attacks when they don't get their way? Maybe they should get a little thicker skin if they want to moderate a public forum!
I did respectfully ask said person but for some reason I am the bad guy.
Whatever! Arguing with liberals is a waste of time. Maybe I can find a dog forum with people who can think outside the PC world and who actually have the ability to use logic and reason as this forum as others I have been to obviously do not. Do you know of one with people who have the ability to think? I would love to find one.
Last edited by mikeV on March 22nd, 2008, 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mikeV
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby Magnolia618 » March 22nd, 2008, 4:28 pm

Magnolia618
I live here

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic