long load times and server errors

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Malli » March 22nd, 2008, 4:17 am

getting lots of these lately, it can take 1 minute or more to load the forum, I'm not experiencing this with other web pages...
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby gayrghts » March 22nd, 2008, 4:57 am

On March 22 2008, 3:17 AM, Malli wrote:getting lots of these lately, it can take 1 minute or more to load the forum, I'm not experiencing this with other web pages...

me too

t other thing that i get is

too many connections, please try later
yet i hit retry and get in, and only 2 or 3 are signed in.

also... why does my user name sometimes not keep me signed in?
sometimes out of the blue, at random times, i'll get signed out...and have to relog in.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » March 23rd, 2008, 12:26 pm

I have been signed out every time I have been here today :?
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 23rd, 2008, 1:25 pm

You might want to see if cleaning our your cookies ( eat them K, they are wonderful!!) will do any good. As far as load times & server errors, it happens to me late at night it seems.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby gayrghts » March 23rd, 2008, 1:26 pm

On March 23 2008, 12:25 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:You might want to see if cleaning our your cookies ( eat them K, they are wonderful!!) will do any good. As far as load times & server errors, it happens to me late at night it seems.

I dump cookies, and temp files and all that.... on a pretty reg basis....

this is the only site i'm having problems with....

i'm not having enough problems to stay away, but... its annoying
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby madremissy » March 23rd, 2008, 2:45 pm

Miss Computer Illiterate here :greenWave: How do you dump cookies. Mine is running slow.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Malli » March 23rd, 2008, 5:27 pm

On March 23 2008, gayrghts wrote:
On March 23 2008, 12:25 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:You might want to see if cleaning our your cookies ( eat them K, they are wonderful!!) will do any good. As far as load times & server errors, it happens to me late at night it seems.

I dump cookies, and temp files and all that.... on a pretty reg basis....

this is the only site i'm having problems with....

i'm not having enough problems to stay away, but... its annoying

Ditto, I do disk cleanups (wich cover internet stuff), and defragments regularly

And it just gave me an internet explorer error when I went to make this post... :|
I cleared all my browsing history etc just a few days ago :|
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Malli » March 23rd, 2008, 5:28 pm

On March 23 2008, madremissy wrote:Miss Computer Illiterate here :greenWave: How do you dump cookies. Mine is running slow.

what web browser (internet explorer, firefox, netscape, etc) do you use? I should be able to give you some directions if you have explorer...
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby madremissy » March 23rd, 2008, 8:06 pm

On March 23 2008, 4:28 PM, Malli wrote:
On March 23 2008, madremissy wrote:Miss Computer Illiterate here :greenWave: How do you dump cookies. Mine is running slow.

what web browser (internet explorer, firefox, netscape, etc) do you use? I should be able to give you some directions if you have explorer...

:| What??? I windows xp does that help. I don't know. It says on the bottom of the lap top "intel inside" celeron. It is a Toshiba.
Oh what I search the web with??? The thingy that has "e" I got it now.
Please remember that I am not stupid just a little slow. :crazy:
madremissy

Postby gayrghts » March 23rd, 2008, 10:06 pm

On March 23 2008, 7:06 PM, madremissy wrote:
On March 23 2008, 4:28 PM, Malli wrote:

:| What??? I windows xp does that help. I don't know. It says on the bottom of the lap top "intel inside" celeron. It is a Toshiba.
Oh what I search the web with??? The thingy that has "e" I got it now.
Please remember that I am not stupid just a little slow. :crazy:

ok, the thing with the blue E is internet explorer.

you have windows xp as your operating system.
and internet explorer as your web browser

on your windows go to the start button.... and click it,
then go up to "all programs" hover over that and a window will kindof popopen and you'll see a bunch of programs listed
go to accessories and hover over that, and it will open a new window....
in the new window look for system tools, an then disc clean up

then run disc cleanup.
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby madremissy » March 23rd, 2008, 11:13 pm

Thank you Heather. :bowWave: Is that all I have to do. It ran. Did it dump my cookies???
Sorry I am so computer illiterate. :oops: Now I can go on Excel and make you any kind of spreadsheet you want but when it comes to workings of the computer itself I am a fish out of water. :beatComp: Josh usually does everything for me but he is gone. :x
madremissy

Postby msvette2u » March 23rd, 2008, 11:23 pm

http://www.stevengould.org/index.php?It ... &task=view

Get this...it'll help your computer tremendously. I dumped over 1 gig of junk files the other day ;)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby gayrghts » March 23rd, 2008, 11:29 pm

On March 23 2008, 10:13 PM, madremissy wrote:Thank you Heather. :bowWave: Is that all I have to do. It ran. Did it dump my cookies???
Sorry I am so computer illiterate. :oops: Now I can go on Excel and make you any kind of spreadsheet you want but when it comes to workings of the computer itself I am a fish out of water. :beatComp: Josh usually does everything for me but he is gone. :x

should be all you need to do :)

lol cool, when i need a spread sheet i'll bug you :)
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » March 24th, 2008, 6:29 am

Lady please :rolleyes2: IF ( and I'm not confirming or denying anything!) there were any cookies around here I would of eaten them before the kids got home...duh!
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Return to Questions / Problems