Las Vegas - URGENT - Can Transport

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 1:00 pm

Foster or Forever Homes Needed ASAP for these 3 wonderful dogs. We have no available kennel space to keep them and they will wind up at the shelter if we can't place them right away.

Emily:

Emily needs to be adopted by March 29! Her owner can no longer care for her after that date and we do not have any foster or kennel space available. If you would like to foster Emily, please e-mail us today: bulliebuddies@earthlink.net

Emily is a pit bull mix, approximately 6 months of age. She gets along with most other dogs, but would be best as an only dog or with a male.

Emily is about 30 lbs. right now, and will be a medium-sized adult. She would love a home with a nice yard to play in to work off some of that puppy energy. An older kid or two to play with would be great!

Last edited by Charlene in LV on March 21st, 2006, 1:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 1:01 pm

I haven't met this dog, but from the description he is awesome. So far this poor baby has lost his "dad", his son, and soon his home. If you can foster or adopt, please e-mail me right away.

[img]http://www.bulliebuddies.org/images/available/Junior/P1010040[1].jpg[/img]

Hi...My brother recently passed away at an early age and left his loved pets and companions behind. They are two full bred pitt bulls named Junior and Little Guy. The dad , Junior, is about three and the son, Little Guy, is nine months. We are confident that we have placed the puppy but the dad has proved to be more difficult. He is a loving dog that misses my brother. He would make someone a great companion. I have two beagles and know that they would not interact well. I live in Northern California and the pits are in Las Vegas. I currently have my son living in my brothers home taking care of the dad but that cannot last much longer. I have enclosed a piocture for you. Can you help me place this loving dog.? I am quite anxious to find a good home. I will also provide medical insurance to a new owner if they are concerned about the cost of having a pet. Thank you. My address is

Bob Burke
564 Debra Streetr
Livermore, Ca. 94550
925-43-5410

--
Bob Burke
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 1:11 pm

Honi is one SCRUMPTIOUS pit! This baby loves everyone and everything! She is good with cats, other dogs, kids, men, women. She was found as a stray and brought to a vet clinic. They fell in love with her there and asked us for help placing her. She had cherry eye, and the vet corrected that at NO CHARGE! She is a sweet sweet girl, about 1 year of age, and she really needs a home and family asap as they can't hold her there much longer.

Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:56 pm

Well, I just got some really bad news :cry:

Juliet: http://www.bulliebuddies.org/Available_ ... Juliet.htm
is in trouble. She is an escape artist and gets out of every kennel she's put into, and then she runs around all over till they can catch her. This is really bad because she's at the vet clinic where they board client dogs and I know the vet is going to freak when he gets back into town next week and finds out she's been getting out again. I'm afraid he'll put her down.

We have nowhere else to put her, and even if we did we'd have the same escaping problems. I have no one willing to forever foster (let's face it, the chances of placing her are slim to none) a 5-yr old pit.

Juliet is one of the Utah pits, she's a sweet sweet girl and really tiny. I know she's lonely and bored, but my suggestion that she be kenneled with another dog that she really likes is falling on deaf ears.

I don't know what I can do for her.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby NEIAR » March 21st, 2006, 11:01 pm

I just posted an intro below yours..LOL. Honi looks like she may fit into our home possibly. However we're in corn country Iowa..LOL. She's a beautiful dog though!
NEIAR
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 11:27 pm

NEIAR wrote:I just posted an intro below yours..LOL. Honi looks like she may fit into our home possibly. However we're in corn country Iowa..LOL. She's a beautiful dog though!

Well, if you think you really are interested in her let me know. We'll transport her anywhere, I don't want this sweetie to go the shelter. She's a good little girl and she'll make someone a great pet.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby NEIAR » March 21st, 2006, 11:43 pm

LOL Well I've never been good at setting up the transports, just driving them..LOL! But yeah, with her love of everything and her need of a home and us looking, my interest is picqued very much. What other info do you have on her? Has she yet been evaluated in a home situation with kids, cats and other dogs or just at the clinic?
NEIAR
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 22nd, 2006, 2:18 am

NEIAR wrote:LOL Well I've never been good at setting up the transports, just driving them..LOL! But yeah, with her love of everything and her need of a home and us looking, my interest is picqued very much. What other info do you have on her? Has she yet been evaluated in a home situation with kids, cats and other dogs or just at the clinic?

I think I would try to fly her, I've never had any luck with long ground transports. I could see if there's anyone flying from LV to an airport nearby that would be willing to fly her under their name (makes it alot cheaper). Anyway, she's been fully temp tested by us in the clinic, also she was living for a very short time with the person who found her who has several dogs and some kids. They loved her but couldn't keep her.

So, think about it and e-mail me and let me know what you think. bulliebuddies@earthlink.net

Thanks!
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby panda » March 22nd, 2006, 1:13 pm

Charlene, I sent you a PM regarding Juliet
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Postby pitmom2104 » March 22nd, 2006, 3:47 pm

I would love to foster and possibly adopt Junior but I'm in NY not sure if that's too far.
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 22nd, 2006, 7:27 pm

pitmom2104 wrote:I would love to foster and possibly adopt Junior but I'm in NY not sure if that's too far.

I'm not sure - I think if I had someone to fly with him it might be ok. I'm a bit worried though because I am waiting for this Bob to get back to me and I'm not hearing anything!

I'm going to try to reach him again this afternoon and I'll post if there's an update.

Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 22nd, 2006, 7:29 pm

panda wrote:Charlene, I sent you a PM regarding Juliet

Thanks Panda :hug3:
I'm keeping my paws crossed on that one.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby pitmom2104 » March 23rd, 2006, 12:22 pm

OK Just let me know what you find out!
pitmom2104
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 24th, 2006, 12:04 pm

First good news - Honi has been placed into a furever home locally! Yaay for Honi!

Second (kinda sorta good) - Junior is still available, and I got a local number for his caretaker who I'll call today. pitmom - are you still willing to take him if we can get him to you? E-mail me at bulliebuddies@earthlink.net if it's a yes because I'll need some info from you.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » March 24th, 2006, 12:07 pm

charlene, i can help with the home check and vet, reference checks for pitmom2104, i am sure i can find someone in rescue out here to do the homecheck.. and i can help wi/ the app too.. let me know..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Charlene in LV » April 6th, 2006, 11:24 pm

Emily's being adopted, she'll be going home on Saturday. :clap:
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » May 5th, 2006, 9:47 am

I finally got in touch with Junior's extended family yesterday. I thought the dog had been placed, but they said the home didn't work out. Here is what happened to poor Junior and his dad:

Junior's dad was a Vietnam vet; he never married and Junior and Junior's son were his life. He took the two of them for walks every day in the dog park. One day while walking the dogs he collapsed from a fatal heart attack. Junior and the puppy were taken to Lied and the sister-in-law found them there. The puppy has gone to a home, but Junior is still needing a place to go. Right now, he is being taken care of in his home but it's being sold so we have one month to get poor Junior safe. He's very depressed because he misses his dad :(

Junior is up to date on his shots, and they're going to get him neutered right away.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Return to Rescue