Rochester, NY, area meetup

CT, DE, DC, IN, ME, MD, MA, MI, NH, NJ, NY, OH, PA, RI, VT

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2008, 10:57 pm

Oooh flying . . . I never even thought of flying instead of driving up there . . . hmmmmm . . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby LaylaWoobie » February 11th, 2008, 11:11 pm

I'm going to totally invite myself and make everyone's day at the same time.

That weekend is the LILAC FESTIVAL! I'm not sure if everyone else gets as excited about fried oreos as I do, but if you're not from Rochester and are coming to visit...you must go to the Lilac Festival and eat them. They sound gross, they look gross, but they are absolutely amazing. Trust me.

Also, they won't frown upon you for eating with your dog...yay!

http://www.lilacfestival.com/2008%20Lil ... edule.html
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LaylaWoobie » February 11th, 2008, 11:20 pm

'm interested.... would probably find a dog friendly motel and make a weekend of it, and bring a friend... and probably Harley... maybe Harley and Triscuit...

I have a lot of friends in the rochester area... so that's why i'd make it a w/e, they'd shoot me if i was out for dinner and didn't see them

check the RIT Inn, I think they're dog friendly. They're just outside of the city and are usually good priced. It's almost 2 minutes from my house! Our puppies can play! If you're looking for hotels...check Henrietta...that's probably cheaper than staying in Rochester and is only about 10 minutes from the city, but you won't have to put up with the hustle and bustle of the city.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 11th, 2008, 11:58 pm

that's Lilac Festival weekend? I never even thought of that. I used to work night security there, I don't miss it!

If you like serious crowds then that's the place to be! lol

It's actually decent, there are tons of vendors, fantastic food and pretty lilacs. I won't be there.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LaylaWoobie » February 12th, 2008, 12:02 am

haha it is crowded...I always go during the week to avoid the mass panic of all the people...

I like the food and my mom has lilacs in PA, so I buy her a new one each year, but you're right...it is busy.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 12th, 2008, 1:20 am

I'm allergic to Lilac's.... lol

but... we'll check things out as it gets closer...
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby LaylaWoobie » February 12th, 2008, 9:45 am

oh dear.... :crazy:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 4:13 pm

I am brand spanking new but I'd love to connect with fellow pitty lovers right in my own home town :mrgreen:

Btw, Sticky Lips is AWESOME :shock:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 4:14 pm

On February 12 2008, 8:11 AM, LaylaWoobie wrote:I'm going to totally invite myself and make everyone's day at the same time.

That weekend is the LILAC FESTIVAL! I'm not sure if everyone else gets as excited about fried oreos as I do, but if you're not from Rochester and are coming to visit...you must go to the Lilac Festival and eat them. They sound gross, they look gross, but they are absolutely amazing. Trust me.

Also, they won't frown upon you for eating with your dog...yay!

http://www.lilacfestival.com/2008%20Lil ... edule.html

I have yet to try the fried oreos!!!! I really need to huh?
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » February 12th, 2008, 4:15 pm

On February 12 2008, 15:13, LMM wrote:I am brand spanking new but I'd love to connect with fellow pitty lovers right in my own home town :mrgreen:

Btw, Sticky Lips is AWESOME :shock:

I love that place! I used to live about a mile from there up Culver, I had more than a few meals there!!!

I actually like it better than Dinosaur (but don't tell on me!)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 4:18 pm

I actually like Dinosaur's better for 2 reasons:

1. Their mac n cheese is SINFUL!

and

2. The last time we went to Sticky Lips we were treated very badly by the hostess. I walked away very unsatisfied and more than a little pissed off. It's been years since I was a rebellious, badass teenager but I was contemplating waiting for her to get off work it was that bad :oops:

But I still love me some Sticky Lips ribs!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby LaylaWoobie » February 12th, 2008, 4:32 pm

first, the oreos are amazing.

second, if this place is better than dinosaurs, you can count me in...i may come early for lunch and then meet everyone for dinner. dinosaurs is one of my favorites, so i'm excited about trying this place.
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby mnp13 » February 12th, 2008, 4:37 pm

On February 12 2008, 15:18, LMM wrote:I actually like Dinosaur's better for 2 reasons:

1. Their mac n cheese is SINFUL!

and

2. The last time we went to Sticky Lips we were treated very badly by the hostess. I walked away very unsatisfied and more than a little pissed off. It's been years since I was a rebellious, badass teenager but I was contemplating waiting for her to get off work it was that bad :oops:

But I still love me some Sticky Lips ribs!

when was that? You should DEFINATELY talk to the owner. He's a nice guy and will want to know that there was a problem. Seriously. I've met him a few times, and he even apologized that Ruby couldn't sit with us on the outdoor patio because there isn't an outdoor entrance.

I haven't had a bad meal yet, and the service has been great as well. Maybe she was just having a (really) bad day? :|
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 4:48 pm

The owner is a guy? The manager at the time was not helpful at all, I kinda thought she was the owner by the way she acted. Anyway, it happened a while ago and after I left and cooled down, I figured she was just having a bad day.

I would go back for sure! I just stayed away for a while because the whole experience left a bad taste in my mouth.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby mnp13 » February 12th, 2008, 4:58 pm

Yeah, it's the same guy who ownes Chester Cab Pizza. His mom was the one who picked the name of the restaurant.
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Oh ok, well not that I know that!

Won't have to twist my arm to go back for good eats :mrgreen:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby TinaMartin » February 12th, 2008, 5:13 pm

I will have to ask Charles if he wants to go. It's the day before my birthday and I could count it as a great birthday present to hang with you guys!
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby LaylaWoobie » March 14th, 2008, 10:46 am

Matt-

Andrew's coming, so you two can roll your eyes together while we all talk about cramps, shoes and men. Enjoy. :mrgreen:
LaylaWoobie
Full of Bully

Postby TinaMartin » March 14th, 2008, 11:05 am

Charles said he wanted to join us so that's 3 eye rollers. :rolleyes2:
TinaMartin
The Hair Whisperer

Postby mnp13 » March 14th, 2008, 11:16 am

So, we have Matt, Andrew and Charles... now you have to help me convince Demo to take the evening off ;)
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

PreviousNext

Return to North East