Sturdy Collars

Have a Bully related CafePress store? Do you make or sell dog products? Let us know so we can shop there! Posting animals for sale is against board policy

Postby Maryellen » January 8th, 2006, 9:49 pm

For good sturdy collars that are not that pricey go to http://www.huntsmart.com they have various leather collars in one inch and two inch, and are crafted very nicely..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 17th, 2006, 6:25 pm

Amen Preacher!

And for the non-leather fans, give http://www.TableRockKennels.com a look. They have some very very good nylon collars. double and triple ply, strong hardware, and customized placement of rings and stitching.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 17th, 2006, 6:29 pm

i have heard that tablerock collars are very good
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 17th, 2006, 7:03 pm

I ordered a 2" with the D Ring placed opposite of the buckle when on. Man it's strong. It's triple ply. stitched very well. The hardware is very very good. The holes are re-enforced with grommets, and make the collar very very good.

I haven't had any issues with it, and plan to order more stuff from them. Great Customer Service as well.

BTW, the D-Ring is large enough that I can actually get a decent grip on it, if I don't have a leash handy!

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 17th, 2006, 7:31 pm

hey anthony!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 17th, 2006, 8:21 pm

Maryellen wrote:hey anthony!!!!

Hey ME, even though it took you an entire post to realize it was me, LOL.

How are the dogs?

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby Maryellen » January 17th, 2006, 8:47 pm

i am good.. how is weda?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Big_Ant » January 18th, 2006, 6:53 pm

Weda is doing well.

We're getting ready to start Full Time Training for SAR with her.

We had started to do Schutzhund with her, but my wife wants her to go the SAR route. She's made for either, but my wife thinks that kids and seniors will love the "WHITE DOG".

I haven't taken pictures lately because she's had an ear infection for about 2-3 weeks now.

It started with a little water in the ear, turned into an infection, which she scratched and caused the outside to become irritated and infected. 2 trips to the vet, and she's finally getting back to normal.

The problem I was having that caused it to last longer than it should have is that since my wife is pregnant, I can't have her helping me hold Weda while I try and put Dermalone on the infected parts. I finally was able to get the irritation to not bother her so bad that she wouldn't let me medicate the area.

She's now regrown the hair, and the irritation is almost all gone.

I'm doing a ton of gardening this weekend, but I'll snag some photos while we are out on our bike ride.

- Anthony
Big_Ant
Enlightened Bully

Postby turtle » January 19th, 2006, 1:07 am

Hi Anthony!

I was buying really nice 1 1/2 inch wide 2 ply nylon collars from KV Vet for $4.29 but the company that made them (Stockmans) has gone out of business! What a disappointment, I used to buy them by the dozen and donate them to pit bull rescues. They were one of the few wide collars that came in 16" and 18" lengths.

So now I'm looking for similar ones and not having much luck. I was recommended to try a "seatbelt" collar from this fellow:

http://www.stillwaterkennels.com/dogcollers.htm

The collars look nice and the price is great. I don't need a 3 ply collar and I hear the seatbelt ones are 2 ply and softer.

I've also bought some nice collars from Acme Kennels:

http://www.acmekennel.com/

Their double leather collars are riveted together and they last forever! But they are very stiff when new and I had to soak mine with mink oil to soften it.

I also like the Valhoma collars, they are 2 ply nylon 1 3/4" wide:

http://www.dresslersdog.com/Collars05.html

They are down about 2/3rds on the page, a good collar for $7.25, and they have the smaller sizes and lots of colors.

I have a few big leather "agitation collars" I bought on ebay, the last one I took a gamble on and it's HUGE!!! I think it's a 28 inch 2" wide Bob Allen collar.... It could be a belt for my dog! The seller did not put in the size and I took a flyer on it.
turtle
Loyally Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 19th, 2006, 11:04 am

http://www.blockydogs.com/index.htm

I love my Blocky collars! They are 2" wide 2 ply nylon and you can customize them any way you want. :twocents:

Also, looking forward to receiving my collars from Hoyden..... :bounce:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Sue » January 19th, 2006, 10:38 pm

Marinepits wrote:http://www.blockydogs.com/index.htm

I love my Blocky collars! They are 2" wide 2 ply nylon and you can customize them any way you want. :twocents:

Also, looking forward to receiving my collars from Hoyden..... :bounce:

oh no... not the blocky collars :jawdrop:

PS... Have I mentioned how much I LOVE the emoticons here???
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Marinepits » January 19th, 2006, 10:48 pm

Don't you start, missy! :neener:

I love the emoticons, too!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » January 20th, 2006, 12:06 am

We tried to find the most unique emoticons we could! We did everything we could to NOT make this place ho-hum!

I have no idea what her website is, but PocketPit makes beautiful collars. Connor has one, and the embossed areas are about the same color as his fur.

I'd recommend them.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Maryellen » January 20th, 2006, 9:20 am

pocketpits is dccollars on cafe press. right now cafe press is not working:( i have 2 of her collars, they are the softest leather i have ever seen .. she is making one more for rufus i cant wait for that one to be done.
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Patch O' Pits » January 20th, 2006, 9:39 am

Sue wrote:

Just curious, is there something bad about blocky dog collars??? I was thinking of ordering one?

I love the emotions too!!!!!!!!!! :heartbeat:
Patch O' Pits Pursuit-O-Perfection

Run Hard at the Rainbow Bridge My Angel Sock-M! I Love You Baby Girl! Now that your Mom Starlit is up there too, please help her learn the ropes, love and keep her company until I can see you both again. Starlit I love you!
http://i14.tinypic.com/2a8q345.jpg
Patch O' Pits
Welcome Wagger

Postby Maryellen » January 20th, 2006, 11:20 pm

i bought a blocky dog collar for rufus.. it was $36 and bright red. i loved it. rufus looked like a dork in it.. his body is not built for blocky dog collars.. i gave it away so someone else could use it.. the collars are 2 inches wide, and come in a variety of styles and colors. i prefer the huntsmart collars as they are only $12 and come in one inch and 2 inch leather and are made great..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Marinepits » January 21st, 2006, 12:32 am

Patch O' Pits wrote:
Sue wrote:

Just curious, is there something bad about blocky dog collars??? I was thinking of ordering one?

I love the emotions too!!!!!!!!!! :heartbeat:

Nothing bad about the Blocky collars -- Sue is just picking on me because I like the thick collar look and she doesn't! :hammer:

They are fabulous collars!!!
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby CinderDee » January 21st, 2006, 12:45 am

I love the Blocky Dog collars, but my dog has no neck. :( He looks like Mike Tyson. :shock:
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby Maryellen » January 23rd, 2006, 10:17 am

Maryellen
I live here

Postby CinderDee » January 23rd, 2006, 6:54 pm

They have beautiful collars!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Next