Introducing... ME!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby NEIAR » March 21st, 2006, 10:47 pm

Hi everyone :)

I'm Lindsay and I run a rescue in Cedar Falls, Iowa. I've been rescuing or participating in rescue in one way or another since I was 13. I'm 25 now. I've had my own small home based rescue for about 2 yrs. I have our home and 3 foster homes I utilize. Like I said it's a small rescue..LOL.

I do all animal rescue, at first it was dog and cat until someone left a hedgehog on my front step, I'd rather confront a human aggressive dog than another one of those scary hissing things..LOL. I did take good care of the fella till hedgehog rescue came to take him off my hands LOL.

As of right now we have 2 dogs that are our own personal pets. Chance a 2 yr old pitt mix(not sure what he's mixed with, pitt body, shepard markings and has a black and blue tongue..LOL), started out as a rescue but was not able to be rehomed (food agression and toy aggression) so he became ours, and Sadie an 18 month old border collie/basenji cross, also a rescue but the kids and hubby fell in love so she stayed as well. We also have 4 cats. 18 yr old Kooi who has was rescued by me when I was was walking home from school and found boys hitting her with a stick she gave birth to 6 kittens the next day which luckily survived. THen there is Sancho, my cat that thinks he's a dog or a human. He drinks out of a baby bottle, sucks on pacifiers and plays fetch..LOL. There is Smokey our Russian blue rescue who only likes us, and Skeet our bengal cross.

In rescue at our home and in the foster homes we've got some Bengal kittys and a not even close to being sane rat terrier..LOL. Also a persian who is allergic to dogs and just about everything else..LOL.

I am a stay at home mom to 4 children 5 and under my 3 oldest although young are wonderful with even the the most shy of animals.

I have had to slow down my rescuing a bit as I've been attacked by cervical cancer twice in 3 yrs.

My reason's for joining are that I'd like to add a female rescue pitt bull or mix to our family at some point in the future. Our male pitt mix is not a dominant dog (to other dogs) and only ever had a problem with one dog and the other dog went for him first. It was a 240 lb male Saint and he was new to our rescue, we'd only had him for 48 hrs, hubby had been out of town, so I hadn't had the chance to get him into the vet to get neutered yet (usually try to get that done within 24 hrs) anyway hubby having been gone, let chance into the Iso area without proper introductions and Prince freeked, chance freeked and although no injuries, it was a scary few minutes. That is the one and only incident we've ever had.

I came here in hopes of learning if it's possible to add one last doggie to our family, and if so, how the best way to accomplish this is.

Thanks for letting me ramble..LOL

Lindsay
NEIAR
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 21st, 2006, 10:57 pm

Nice intro! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2006, 10:57 pm

Welcome! :wave:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing