The sad numbers

Pits in the news and info on Breed Specific Legislation.

Postby Fear_the_Sheeple » March 21st, 2006, 4:49 pm

*crosspost*

BAND Members,

I am sorry to be the bringer of bad news, but I just got the updated count on how many pit-looking dogs, Denver has killed.

Since May 9th, 2005, the City of Denver has killed 891 dogs that were determined to look at least 50% pit bull.

Although I did not personally know any of the dogs that have been killed, I can imagine their cute little faces and bright eyes looking for help. All we can do is keep working diligently to end this... make a call to your local newspaper and ask if they are aware of this number (which came directly from Denver Animal Control). Call your City Council person, call your Mayor... call the Governor.

The death of 891 innocent dogs should not be forgotten, nor quietly passed over.

Thank you,

Kelly

And yet people still insist on breeding?
Fear_the_Sheeple
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jesseca » March 21st, 2006, 4:52 pm

:cry: that is so wrong. :cry:
Jesseca
Devoutly Bully

Postby Jenn » March 21st, 2006, 5:01 pm

Since May 9th, 2005, the City of Denver has killed 891 dogs that were determined to look at least 50% pit bull.

:o WOW, it's not even been a year, and this is only in the one city! Sad so sad...
I wonder how many weren't even close to actually being a "pit bull" or cross.
Jenn
undecided

Postby spurby » March 21st, 2006, 7:11 pm

I'd like to see pictures of all these "pit bulls" the number of dogs i have seen mislabled here is outrageous, i am sure it's the same there, just unreal.
spurby
Just Whelped

Return to Pit Bull news and BSL