A difficult time...

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby Chris Fraize » February 25th, 2008, 4:25 pm

Hello All,

I have had a difficult time finding “qualified�� homes for some of the pups from our Rumble X Jootie breeding. It’s not that I haven’t had enough offers to take the pups. We have had every yahoo want a pup. Most want the pup for the wrong reason. Some offers have even been for THOUSANDS of dollars. I assure you it’s not the money. I want to find qualified WORKING homes for these pups. One of the pups is going to a working IPO home in Poland and another to weight pull home in Denmark.

Finding any meathead to take an APBT pup is easy! Finding a great home for an APBT pup is hard enough. Finding REAL WORKING homes for these pups has proven to be most difficult.

What is a real working home? A home with a person or persons that actually does things with their dog like agility, Schutzhund, Weight Pull, French Ringsport, competitive obedience etc. Not a person or persons that say they are going to do a sport just to get a pup. I cannot express how much these pups mean to me and my family. Donating their father Rumble to the Clay County Sheriffs Department was EXTREMELY difficult. We donated Rumble because we wanted to give all APBT owners a chance to point to an APBT on a Police Department doing great things for a community and say I own that same breed. Or “See what an APBT can do in responsible hands!â€
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2008, 4:38 pm

:greenWave: ... that is a very generous offer... but do you know how HARD it is to find places where they will actually give an APBT pup a chance at those activities?
I haven't found one place in my whole county where they will even allow an APBT owner to join a club.

I hope your pups end up in good hands... and I would LOVE to see some pics... :)
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » February 25th, 2008, 4:42 pm

On Mon, Feb 25 2008, 3:38 PM, amazincc wrote:
I hope your pups end up in good hands... and I would LOVE to see some pics... :)

I have no doubt Chris will screen his pups' new homes very well. :wink:

I would also love to see some pics!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2008, 4:53 pm

Oh, I didn't mean it THAT way... :oops:

Chris... I am fairly new, so I don't know you... are you a professional trainer? What type of training do you do, and what methods do you prefer... and why?
I am ALWAYS picking peoples brains about my difficulties w/my own dog... I turned him into a beast w/issues, and am now trying to undo some of the "damage"... but it's a long and winding road... :shock:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby pocketpit » February 25th, 2008, 5:00 pm

Holy crap :shock: Do you have any idea how tempting that offer is?! Grrr, I need another dog like I need another hole in the head but a real Pit Bull that comes from working parents.....Acck!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby DemoDick » February 25th, 2008, 5:01 pm

On February 25 2008, 16:53, amazincc wrote:Oh, I didn't mean it THAT way... :oops:

Chris... I am fairly new, so I don't know you... are you a professional trainer? What type of training do you do, and what methods do you prefer... and why?
I am ALWAYS picking peoples brains about my difficulties w/my own dog... I turned him into a beast w/issues, and am now trying to undo some of the "damage"... but it's a long and winding road... :shock:

I can't presume to speak for Chris, but if I run into a problem that I can't figure out myself he is near the top of the very short list of trainers I would call for help.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby Chris Fraize » February 25th, 2008, 5:09 pm

There are MANY MANY clubs across the country that accept the APBT. I cn think of clubs in Michigan, Ontario Canada, Chicago, Florida, Conn, Mass, New Hampshire and Texas to get you started.

When I do seminars most of the hosting clubs are clubs that have and allow the APBT. It seems to me you just arent looking hard enough.

Safe training,
Chris Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2008, 5:18 pm

Coral Springs, Broward County, Florida...
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Chris Fraize » February 25th, 2008, 5:21 pm

Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby amazincc » February 25th, 2008, 5:28 pm

I don't WANT to move to California to train my beast... maybe NY... lol
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » February 25th, 2008, 5:56 pm

On February 25 2008, 4:28 PM, amazincc wrote:I don't WANT to move to California to train my beast... maybe NY... lol

What about MD????
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Marinepits » February 25th, 2008, 6:04 pm

:topic:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » February 25th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Sorry, the dogs sleep in bed with momma here. :greenWave: Crappy working home ;)

PS: I'm CRAVING pictures of my big Lola girl. So post up, damnit!

(Well I guess Teeny is doing pretty well with agility . . . and Wally does rock the Freestyle . . . but otherwise they're all about momma snuggling ;) )
Last edited by SisMorphine on February 25th, 2008, 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby madremissy » February 25th, 2008, 6:10 pm

On February 25 2008, 5:08 PM, SisMorphine wrote:Sorry, the dogs sleep in bed with momma here. :greenWave: Crappy working home ;)

Me to, :|
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby ellie@ny » February 25th, 2008, 6:43 pm

Hi Chris and April!
I'm sorry to hear about this,I wish I could help you out!
A pup from Rumble would be an awesome addition for sure!!!
I will ask around at my club this weekend,maybe somebody knows someone.
Best wishes to you guys!
And yes some pics,videos would be great!!! :wink:
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby babyreba » February 25th, 2008, 8:11 pm

it's a shame i'm not ready for another dog yet. :x need to get doc up and running and titled, before i can even think about adding a puppy.
babyreba
Supremely Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 26th, 2008, 4:54 pm

Okay, people, the topic is puppies available through Chris Fraize. If you think you'd be a great home for a working pup, contact Chris.

If you want to discuss breeder practices and whether or not to take deposits, do so here: http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=21130

Otherwise.....

:topic:
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby mnp13 » February 27th, 2008, 4:48 pm

How many puppies are still available? Male or female?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Chris Fraize » February 28th, 2008, 3:16 pm

There were 12 pups. 2 females 10 males.
There are four still available. All males. This is a great litter of working pups. They are always on the go and very drivey. :crazy:

Chris is SWAMPED with work, dogs here for training, regular clients, Bite Prevention Seminars, Problem solving and obedience seminars, Police K-9 training and his apprentices. Chris is also working with a few FEMA Urban Search and Rescue dog teams to increase their performance. We also have some other cool projects in the works. We have never been more busy! :shock:

I hope this answers your questions. :|

Take care,
April Fraize
Chris Fraize
Snot Nose Bully Pup

Postby SisMorphine » February 28th, 2008, 5:36 pm

It doesn't answer where the pics of my big Lola girl are!!!
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Next

Return to Sports