Nice bitework Vid

Weight pull, Protection, Agility, Flyball... you name it!

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 9:47 pm

This is put together well...some nice hits (some hits that make me worried) but some nice hits:

http://www.israeldogs.com/evideoclipsi.html

Click on Great Dog Attacks Compilation (Top row, 3rd one)...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » February 26th, 2008, 9:58 pm

Geez... :shock:

How often do dogs get hurt purely accidentally in these kind of sports, etc? Those all took a licking and kept on ticking, but I'd still imagine there has to be some serious accidents sometimes?
Jenn
undecided

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 10:00 pm

On February 26 2008, 8:58 PM, Jenn wrote:Geez... :shock:

How often do dogs get hurt purely accidentally in these kind of sports, etc? Those all took a licking and kept on ticking, but I'd still imagine there has to be some serious accidents sometimes?

Yeah, that was my hesitation as well...Now, personally, I've seen Drusilla land on her back on a brick paver, and she got up and wanted to bite (of course I was mom and nearly panicked)...

From what I've seen, dogs bounce back fairly quickly...especially in drive...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 10:15 pm

That was cool.

Watching the Dutch decoys makes me appreciate how tough they expect the dogs to be. I've seen people here curse decoys for "jamming" their dog when all they did was fail to pieroette. I listened to a Sch. guy complain that PSA is too dangerous because the decoys catch KNPV style and run over the dog if they can. Uh, we're not playing patty-cake here.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby katiek0417 » February 26th, 2008, 10:31 pm

On February 26 2008, 9:15 PM, DemoDick wrote:That was cool.

Watching the Dutch decoys makes me appreciate how tough they expect the dogs to be. I've seen people here curse decoys for "jamming" their dog when all they did was fail to pieroette. I listened to a Sch. guy complain that PSA is too dangerous because the decoys catch KNPV style and run over the dog if they can. Uh, we're not playing patty-cake here.

Demo Dick

I know decoys that when the dog hits, it's like a brick wall...

What's funny is that there was a PSA dog in there (courage test), and Chris Carr was in there doing a nice sleeve catch)....

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 11:00 pm

Yeah, I saw that short clip of Darryl.

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
DemoDick

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 26th, 2008, 11:01 pm

What makes the KNPV dogs so much more intense? Is it their training or their breeding? Or both?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 11:39 pm

On February 26 2008, 23:01, pitbullmamaliz wrote:What makes the KNPV dogs so much more intense? Is it their training or their breeding? Or both?

In my experience, a good KNPV dog is no better or worse than a good dog bred and titled here. Though, they do tend to be much bigger and more powerful on average. A good dog is where you find it. The training program is very expansive and the dogs have to complete a larger number of tasks than any other sport though.

There are some very serious breeders and trainers right here in the states, but some people are sold on the "if it came from Europe, it's got to be better" idea. There are more sub-par breeders here though. The KNPV program does produce some fantastic dogs, for sure. In general, the Dutch don't mess around.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby mnp13 » February 26th, 2008, 11:40 pm

I love the hits right around 3:20, where the dog manages to get the sleeve off of the decoy.

The 4 dogs at once makes me scared just watching it!

The butt bite at 5:20 is fantastic!

The decoy in the white around 7:00 is amazingly fast.

What makes the KNPV dogs so much more intense? Is it their training or their breeding? Or both?

Intense? They are Malinois. "Malinois" is a Dutch word that means "heat seeking missle" ;)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby katiek0417 » February 27th, 2008, 8:27 am

On February 26 2008, 10:40 PM, mnp13 wrote:I love the hits right around 3:20, where the dog manages to get the sleeve off of the decoy.

The 4 dogs at once makes me scared just watching it!

The butt bite at 5:20 is fantastic!

The decoy in the white around 7:00 is amazingly fast.

Intense? They are Malinois. "Malinois" is a Dutch word that means "heat seeking missle" ;)

My 8-1/2 Malinois here agree with you (Drusilla is half malinois)!

KNPV dogs are put through intense work from Day 1. They are learning object guards as puppies, as an example. The trainer is serious, and it shows in the dog.

However, KNPV is believed to be one of the top tests of working dogs out there...and like I said, is unmatched in the US.

Nisha's great-great-great grandfather and grandmother are both PH1 titled dogs, and I have had the honor of meeting her great-great-great grandfather, Ricardo (owned by Jerry Bradshaw).

Demo is right about size, though. In Ricardo's heyday (he's almost 15 now) he was a 95-lb monster that would take down any decoy you put in front of him...it didn't matter if it was a 5 foot send or a 50 foot send, he was flattening you. In fact, and I don't know how true it is, I've been told that Ricardo has Great Dane in his bloodlines.

And, Michelle, we have a picture (I'll see if I can find it) of Rick Furrow with 4 dogs on him...don't worry, though, we'll be re-enacting that picture with our new decoy, Brian...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby DemoDick » February 27th, 2008, 11:46 am

In fact, and I don't know how true it is, I've been told that Ricardo has Great Dane in his bloodlines.

That's the other thing. The Dutch aren't hung up about mixing in different breeds to get what they want. Performance is the goal, so there's variation in conformation.

Demo Dick
DemoDick

Postby katiek0417 » February 27th, 2008, 11:57 am

On February 27 2008, 10:46 AM, DemoDick wrote:
In fact, and I don't know how true it is, I've been told that Ricardo has Great Dane in his bloodlines.

That's the other thing. The Dutch aren't hung up about mixing in different breeds to get what they want. Performance is the goal, so there's variation in conformation.

Demo Dick

Absolutely, although it's funny, because many dogs coming over now have some type of "conformation" certificate. For example, Rick Furrow's new dog came over here in May/June and actually has a "conformation certificate" and we joke around that he has a "pretty dog."

You can search pedigrees all you want, but you can never be sure that it's a true pedigree (for example, Elgos du Chemin des Plains has 2 different pedigrees that are considered "official" but each one has a different sire).

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby TheRedQueen » February 27th, 2008, 12:09 pm

I can't see the video...it wants some sort of program or something that I don't have...darn mac.

:(
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby katiek0417 » February 27th, 2008, 12:10 pm

On February 27 2008, 11:09 AM, TheRedQueen wrote:I can't see the video...it wants some sort of program or something that I don't have...darn mac.

:(

Ohhhh, yeah....it's a free program...I downloaded it on my computer...

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Return to Sports