The 'Goo girls...

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2008, 5:04 pm

Since the degus I adopted back in October turned out to be a breeding pair, I had to separate them (of course). I've been looking for another male/female that I can put them with...and I just rescued a new girl the a few weeks ago. Trillian and Teyla are now happily living together in their new cage...BFF now!

Some pics of their first meeting (they're in the bathtub for their exercise time)...Teyla is the bigger one, the new one.

Grooming in the dust bath...BFF!
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen
I thought I lost my Wiener... but then I found him.

Postby Marinepits » February 26th, 2008, 5:22 pm

Oh, they are CUTE! :heartbeat:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » February 26th, 2008, 5:26 pm

Oh they are precious little things. Do the dogs tolerate them too?
Jenn
undecided

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2008, 5:45 pm

On February 26 2008, 4:26 PM, Jenn wrote:Oh they are precious little things. Do the dogs tolerate them too?

The dogs tolerate everything...I swear, these dogs are great. ;) And the cat...she could care less about all these furry bites of food running around.

They found the goos interesting at first, since they move around a lot...esp. on their wheels...but after a time, got bored with them. lol The rats are more interesting...'cuz they eat dog food.
"I don't have any idea if my dogs respect me or not, but they're greedy and I have their stuff." -- Patty Ruzzo

"Dogs don't want to control people. They want to control their own lives." --John Bradshaw
TheRedQueen

Postby SisMorphine » February 26th, 2008, 6:10 pm

Awww they're so cute!!!! What's their temperament like? Is it similar to a Chinchilla?
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2008, 6:12 pm

How CUTE!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby CinderDee » February 26th, 2008, 6:29 pm

They're so cute!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby iluvk9 » February 26th, 2008, 6:35 pm

:giggle:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby TheRedQueen » February 26th, 2008, 9:23 pm

On February 26 2008, 5:10 PM, SisMorphine wrote:Awww they're so cute!!!! What's their temperament like? Is it similar to a Chinchilla?

I can't say as compared to a Chin, as I've never had one. ;)

But from what I've experienced of these little critters...they are much more skittish and shy than say, rats, mice, or guinea pigs. They are rock-hoppers, so they enjoy jumping around in their cage...rather than climbing like rats...or staying on the ground like g.pigs. They chirp and make very cute noises as they communicate with each other and me (but not loud like g.pigs). They are tame enough now to come out and take peanuts or treats from me...but won't get in my hand. When I've got them out, they just want to run and play, but don't want to hang out on or with me.

They are greatly amusing though...and I enjoy them. :)

TheRedQueen

Postby DemoDick » February 26th, 2008, 9:28 pm

You need this guy to take care of those...

http://www.orkin.com/

Demo Dick
"My first priority will be to reinstate the assault weapons ban PERMANENTLY as soon as I take office...I intend to work with Congress on a national no carry law, 1 gun a month purchase limits, and bans on all semi-automatic guns."-Barack Obama
"When in doubt, whip it out."-Nuge
DemoDick
They Like to Fondle My Gun

Postby katiek0417 » February 29th, 2008, 11:03 am

They are adorable!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion