I'm looking for a kitten!!*believe it or not*

If it's a non-human, non-Pit Bull, family member, post it here!

Postby pLaurent » February 13th, 2006, 8:35 pm

It's probably hopeless, but I'm trying to find either a Siamese or Birman kitten, under 5 months old. Any colour points is fine.

I'm near Montreal, QC and would go 300 or 400 miles to get one.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 13th, 2006, 10:27 pm

Have you lost your mind?????
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pLaurent » February 13th, 2006, 11:15 pm

Have you lost your mind?????

Apparently so! :o

Well, I know with this rescue stuff I'm going to end up with another one anyway, so I figured for once in my life I'd like a choice!! :|
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 14th, 2006, 1:34 am

Well, I know with this rescue stuff I'm going to end up with another one anyway, so I figured for once in my life I'd like a choice!!

I know exactly what you mean! :shock: I had more cats than I care to mention and never picked out one of my own.

I'll crosspost!

Good luck, PL! :)
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby pLaurent » February 26th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Well, I'll probably be saying "What the hell have I done?" but a rescue I know of contacted me about this litter of baby meezers they got. These kittens were sick, so are the waste products of the mills, since they wont' spend one cent on them. Can't cut into the profits you know!

I would be getting the funny looking moustached tortie point girl in the back. She looks like serious trouble. Poor Chloe. :(

pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » February 26th, 2006, 7:49 pm

:o That cat looks evil!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!!

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby pLaurent » February 27th, 2006, 12:29 am

Be afraid....be very afraid. :eekHair:
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby CinderDee » February 27th, 2006, 12:34 am

:eek1: She does look evil! I love her, pl! :heartbeat: Congrats!
Dee
CinderDee
I'm The Bug Whisperer

Postby call2arms » March 17th, 2006, 1:29 pm

pL... You have a thing for cats that need to be exorcised, right?
I like her though.

Are the kittens still sick?
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby Maryellen » March 17th, 2006, 9:17 pm

are you sure thats a real cat?
Maryellen
I live here

Postby pLaurent » March 20th, 2006, 10:55 pm

Are the kittens still sick?

Apparently the one that I was going to get is recovered, but the other two are still covered in lesions.

After careful consideration and lots of reading, I decided I cannot adopt a kitten who might carrying ringworm, since I often have fosters here who come in poor condition and would be susceptible. :( I am very disappointed!

are you sure thats a real cat?

Yep, real all right! Isn't she wonderful?? :D
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenn » March 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Sorry, maybe the right one will come your way soon :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby call2arms » March 21st, 2006, 12:34 am

Aww, I'm sure you'll find another one... Not quite as evil-looking, but almost. If you want I have a nice, fat 14 year-old, very ringworm-free cat who would love to cuddle with Chloe and live in peace, instead of being surrounded by 7 rats and a psycho. Yes, I'm talking about my own cat. Ol' sack of fat... :lol:

Man I'm tired of changing that damn litter box. I don't know how you do it for multiple cats.

I always tell my boyfriend this is my last cat for a while, unless another one falls into my lap, to which he answers that any animal up for adoption is already in my lap. :rolleyes2:
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pLaurent » March 21st, 2006, 12:21 pm

Man I'm tired of changing that damn litter box. I don't know how you do it for multiple cats.

I only have two at the moment, so it's not too bad but bad enough. Disgusting!!

The worst is when I have a litter of kittens. I swear they never EVER stop peeing and pooping.

I always tell my boyfriend this is my last cat for a while

Yeah, I know...when my last cat died at 21, I had no cats for the first time in my life and had none for 1 1/2 years. It was HEAVEN I tell you!! NO stinky food, revolting litterbox, no hairballs all over, no scratched furniture. I had rats who lived on tabletops and no stupid cats to kill them!

I held out as long as I could. :(

It could be worse. Another woman in our rescue has 18 - count'em - 18 cats!! She buys litter by the truckload.
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 21st, 2006, 12:24 pm

Good grief, I thought I was sick for having 4. These WILL be the last cats to cross my threshold.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2006, 12:35 pm

pLaurent wrote:After careful consideration and lots of reading, I decided I cannot adopt a kitten who might carrying ringworm, since I often have fosters here who come in poor condition and would be susceptible. :( I am very disappointed!

Maybe you could have her fostered until she is cleared up?
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby pLaurent » March 21st, 2006, 11:37 pm

Maybe you could have her fostered until she is cleared up?

She is all cleared up - no lesions at all. BUT now I"m reading that animals can be asymptomatic carriers.

Does anyone know if there is a test for carriers? I'm reading conflicting things on the net, and I've never had an animal with ringworm.

I just got this pic of her today. Isn't she too adorable?:)

pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby dogcrazyjen » March 22nd, 2006, 10:28 am

She looks like a little hellion! Have you ever had a meezer before? FYI they gain 20 pounds when they fall asleep, effectively causing all blankets to be sucked into the meezer vortex, and you can hear them yowl all the way on the other end of the house when they are hungry, which is anytime they are awake!

Ours is 13 and a pain in the tookas. Of course I would be lost without Poe stealing my blankets and snoring in my ear all night, and no one would keep the bull terrier in line!

Tallulah kept bugging him, and bugging him, and he finally snapped, howling and snarling he ripped into the bully-I picked her up and started to walk away and the cat launched at her butt, hanging there and trying to bite her. Tallulah just had this panicked expression on her face! :o

Tallulah won't even look at him now. She walks right by him deliberately looking forward, trotting fast to get by him. Pretty freaking funny. :ninja:
dogcrazyjen
Devoutly Bully

Postby pLaurent » March 22nd, 2006, 11:01 am

dogcrazyjen wrote:She looks like a little hellion! Have you ever had a meezer before? FYI they gain 20 pounds when they fall asleep, effectively causing all blankets to be sucked into the meezer vortex, and you can hear them yowl all the way on the other end of the house when they are hungry, which is anytime they are awake!

Ours is 13 and a pain in the tookas. Of course I would be lost without Poe stealing my blankets and snoring in my ear all night, and no one would keep the bull terrier in line!

Tallulah kept bugging him, and bugging him, and he finally snapped, howling and snarling he ripped into the bully-I picked her up and started to walk away and the cat launched at her butt, hanging there and trying to bite her. Tallulah just had this panicked expression on her face! :o

Tallulah won't even look at him now. She walks right by him deliberately looking forward, trotting fast to get by him. Pretty freaking funny. :ninja:

You're scaring the daylights out of me!!! :o Not to mention scaring the crap outta my dog. She already well knows the Kitten Torture inflicted on her and is tired of watching her back every moment and diving under tables for cover! She has learned the vulnerability dog noses have for cat claws and exercises all necessary caution. :D
pLaurent
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 22nd, 2006, 11:04 am

A siamese was one of the MEANEST cats I have ever owned. :o

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Next

Return to Four Legged, Finned and Feathered Family Members