Help starting group

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2006, 12:18 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this. I don't want to start a rescue in my area, however, I would like to get local bully owners together and start a group. I'd like this group to go around local communities educating the public about dog safety in general, but most specifically about pitties/bullies. I'm not sure how to begin doing this. I never see any other pits in my neighborhood, and only once at Petsmart have I seen a pit. I like to believe I can't possibly be the only person owning a pit in my county. Any ideas on how to find other (responsible) owners? Thanks!
:rock:
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby call2arms » March 21st, 2006, 12:25 pm

http://www.meetup.com is a good way to start a bully group in your area, see if there's any interested people and then meet for real.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2006, 1:58 pm

I've never seen that site before - it's kinda cool! Thanks!
pitbullmamaliz

Postby pitbullmamaliz » March 21st, 2006, 10:26 pm

Okay, I started a group on meetup.com. The webpage is http://apbt.meetup.com/230/

Please come check it out, whether you live in the area or not. I'm always open for constructive criticism/ideas! And thank you call2arms for telling me about that great site!
pitbullmamaliz

Postby call2arms » March 22nd, 2006, 1:47 pm

Y'er welcome... I used to be part of a rat group in my area, we would meet once a month and go for dinner together and talk rats... It was so much fun.
call2arms
Boys Stink

Return to Rescue