Intro - Hello from Las Vegas!

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:19 am

Hi -

I'm Charlene. I am co-founder of Bullie Buddies of Las Vegas, a pit bull rescue. I actually joined a long time ago, and then lost the link :rolleyes2:

Our website is http://www.BullieBuddies.org

Pleased to meet you all, if I haven't already. Hi to everyone I already know and....ummmm....guess that's it - I never know what to say in an intro :oops:
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Maryellen » March 21st, 2006, 10:28 am

charlene!!!!!!!!!!! how have you been?? how are the dogs all doing?? please tell us more about yourself.. we tend to be a little overzealous in our intros for everyone..... :):):)

and what got you into bullies??? and how is otis doing????
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Asta » March 21st, 2006, 10:40 am

Well, i am not so picky about the intro´s ;) I just want to see the pic´s :D So welcome!

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:48 am

Hey!!!! I'm good, just busy busy busy! All our babies are doing as well, the "Utah Pits" are exceptional! And Otis is doing really good too. I wish someone would apply for him already - poor baby, he may be with forever :cry:

Ok so a little more info :)

Bullie Buddies was really supposed to be just a "program" of an all-breed rescue. When I got together with my partner Lisa, we had planned on doing all-breed but once we say just how dire the situation really is out here for pits we started to concentrate solely on them. I had only been out here for a year and hadn't really made any rescue contacts. Rescue is a tad bit cliquey out here, if you know what I mean :rolleyes2: Anyway, Bullie Buddies was born in October 2005 so it hasn't been around very long at all, but we got our 501 right away - thank goodness because you know how we got hit with all those pits almost immediately.

My "personal pit" Brok is almost 14 now and he's going strong. I'll try to get a picture of him posted. He's actually a Pei/Pit, so he's kind of whacked but he's a good boy :) I've had him since he was 3 months old.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:51 am

Hello Asta - my goodness, Guiness is GORGEOUS!
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:52 am

ME - is it ok if I post some urgents over in the rescue thread?
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby cheekymunkee » March 21st, 2006, 10:54 am

There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Romanwild » March 21st, 2006, 10:56 am

Hello and Welcome!!!! :D
Romanwild
I live here

Postby msvette2u » March 21st, 2006, 10:57 am

Hi Charlene!! :)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby SpiritFngrz » March 21st, 2006, 12:16 pm

Hi Charlene, welcome! :wave:

I'm curious somewhere I read about a mandatory spay/neuter program that was supposed to go into effect in LV. Has that happened? How are they enforcing it? I think it's a great idea, and if they can enforce as much of it as possible, then that's good.
SpiritFngrz
I live here

Postby Maryellen » March 21st, 2006, 12:18 pm

heck yeah charlene, post the urgents in rescue,, that is the section for it:):):)
Maryellen
I live here

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 12:50 pm

SpiritFngrz wrote:Hi Charlene, welcome! :wave:

I'm curious somewhere I read about a mandatory spay/neuter program that was supposed to go into effect in LV. Has that happened? How are they enforcing it? I think it's a great idea, and if they can enforce as much of it as possible, then that's good.

They have instituted a non-breed specific dangerous dog ordinance, wherein if a dog is found to be "dangerous" it is required that the animal be sterilized.

an animal would be deemed dangerous by an animal control officer if it kills or seriously injures another animal. That designation would arise from citizen complaints or incidents in which loose pets are captured by animal control officers.

Once an animal is labeled dangerous, its owner would be required to obtain a permit, sterilize the pet and have it implanted with a microchip. They would be required to take out liability insurance.

If, however, an animal is declared vicious after attacking a person or animal, it would be subject to euthanasia.

I'm happy that it is not breed-specific, although the breed and weight restrictions at apartment buildings and in some subdivisions definitely target pit bulls. It's nearly impossible to rent with a pit unless you live in the ghetto.
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 12:51 pm

msvette2u wrote:Hi Charlene!! :)

Hey! Long time no see!
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 1:12 pm

Maryellen wrote:heck yeah charlene, post the urgents in rescue,, that is the section for it:):):)

Done!
http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.ph ... highlight=
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Jenn » March 21st, 2006, 1:14 pm

:wave:
Jenn
undecided

Postby Asta » March 21st, 2006, 5:35 pm

Aawww, is is veeery sweet and generous of you to compliment my dog in your own intro (i am sucker ;) )
I will be in Vegas for approx 3 days in July before heading to Napa Valley :) You look like you guys have a really nice rescue!!! I just mentioned to my fiancé that you guys are tax dectuctable ;)

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 10:48 pm

Asta wrote:Aawww, is is veeery sweet and generous of you to compliment my dog in your own intro (i am sucker ;) )
I will be in Vegas for approx 3 days in July before heading to Napa Valley :) You look like you guys have a really nice rescue!!! I just mentioned to my fiancé that you guys are tax dectuctable ;)

Cheers,

Åsa

Well, that is too handsome a dog not to mention it :love3:
('kay, we need more heart emoticons)

Too bad you're not going to be here a little longer, you could visit some of our doggies - they love company :D
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby Purple » March 21st, 2006, 11:00 pm

Hello and Welcome! :trollDance:
Purple
I live here

Postby Charlene in LV » March 21st, 2006, 11:22 pm

:greenWave:
Charlene in LV
Just Whelped

Postby panda » March 21st, 2006, 11:58 pm

:hello: and welcome, Charlene ! Good to see you here !
Dead Dog Walking Pit Bull Rescue
http://deaddogwalkingpitbullrescue.org/
panda
Loyally Bully

Next

Return to Introductions