Noobie here...

Please tell us about yourself! You will not be able to post on the rest of the board until you have posted here

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 3:49 am

:hello:
I realized I needed to post something here, so...here's my post.
Uhh, I think most people like photos, so here's a link to SOME of my dogs past & present. Be sure to click on the link to the left (once you visit the site) that says "My dogs past and present" or you won't see anything. :D

http://j-doe.magix.net/

Enjoy.

PS, at this time I own: an American Bulldog (Arihant); a Staffordshire Bull Terrier (Morpheus); a Black Russian Terrier (Trinity); and I have a Yorkshire Terrier on the way from Hungary on April 19th. :) (I train and show all of them-except the bulldog, he actually belongs to my boyfriend.)
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 21st, 2006, 8:21 am

Tell us more! Your name says you're a trainer! What kind of training? What got you into the breed? Does AZ have BSL?
Romanwild
I live here

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 2:16 pm

What got me into the "breed"? I do not own a Pit Bull, just wanting to clarify. I do however own "bully" breeds. I was invited to this forum by someone that posts on the Chicagoland Working Dog board and thought I'd check it out. I also belong to the Pit Bull Forum @ http://www.pitbullforum.com which is also a very fun site.

What kind of training do I do? I believe that things need to be black and white between the owner/handler and dog in order to be sound partners. I use nothing more than the leash and collar. There are firm, but fair corrections and loads of praise and play to encourage the right behaviour. I compete in AKC and UKC Obedience and Conformation. Students of mine have gone to compete in pretty much any canine sport you can think of from Flyball to Mondio Ring Sport. Not bragging, you just asked. :wink: I love dogs, I have a few of my own and love competing. If you're ever in the Phoenix Arizona area (I just moved here from Illinois) let me know! I'm disappointed w/ the number of shows out here in AZ., gotta find a way to get more shows out here!
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2006, 2:21 pm

I'm glad you decided to join!
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Jenn » March 21st, 2006, 2:24 pm

:hello: :wave: and welcome!
Jenn
undecided

Postby Romanwild » March 21st, 2006, 2:24 pm

I got news for ya....you own pit bulls in the eyes of the law. :wink:

We have some sport and working people here. Thank for joining.
Romanwild
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2006, 2:30 pm

If you are at all interested in protection sport, there is a PSA club in Phoenix.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 3:18 pm

Which PSA club in Phoenix?
Sad to say most of the dogs I've seen here couldn't find their way out of a paper bag! Especially the K9 teams here. I'm praying to god I find at least one! Otherwise, you're local beagle might do a better job!!!

:wink: Yeah, I own "Pit Bulls" in the eye of the law. That's okee, I like pits too. :) Close enough in some people opinions, far from in mine. Each bully breed has their "own" characteristics that define them seperately (slightly, but it's there).

Yeah, so while most of the working dogs out here are jokes (that LOOK good) I'd love to have the clubs number. I'm hoping they're worth while.
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby mnp13 » March 21st, 2006, 4:05 pm

On of the best decoys in PSA is from Phoenix, and he competes with his Pit Bull Mickey.

Arizona
East Valley K-9
Mesa AZ
480-343-8547
eastvalleyk-9@aol.com

Reservoir Dogs Working Dog Club
Glendale AZ
stucknaz2001@aol.com
602-993-5444
Michelle

mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 7:41 pm

Interesting. I'll check 'em out and see what they can offer me. I appreciate the contact(s)!
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby ellie@ny » March 21st, 2006, 7:45 pm

Hi Welcome!Can I ask you something,wich kennel is your pup from Hungary?
Ellie
----------------------------------------
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 8:22 pm

I'm not sure that I understand. "Which kennel is my pup from?"
Which pup?
Are you referring to my...ohhhh *duh* I mentioned earlier my yorkie earlier. LOL
YEAH! She's coming out of Wild Blue Cherry Yorkshire Terriers in Budapest, Hungary. *grin*
Her mother is Devils of York Life is Life and her father is Chippendale of Happy Blue. Both sire and dam are in Budapest Hungary and the mother is owned and shown by Kata from Wild Blue Cherry Kennels.
If you want to know more about my experiences w/ them or see photos, let me know!
topsredhead@yahoo.com
~Leslie
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby ellie@ny » March 21st, 2006, 10:34 pm

Thanks!I just asked cause originally I'm from there,and I happen to know a good breeder there(Yorkie).That's it! :D Good luck with the pup!
Ellie
"Winners aren't born...they're made.And they're made just like anything else...through hard work.That's the price we'll have to pay to achive that goal."
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby K9Trainer » March 21st, 2006, 11:36 pm

You're FROM Hungary? Which breeder is it that you're thinking of? (the one you recommend)
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby ellie@ny » March 22nd, 2006, 7:46 am

It's the Fianna kennel.They specialized in amstaffs first,but they have Yorkies too.I don't know anything about the yorkies they have(what line etc),I'm not an expert in that breed... :|
Ellie
ellie@ny
Full of Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » March 22nd, 2006, 10:20 am

Welcome!!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » March 22nd, 2006, 3:31 pm

A big hello and welcome it is :wave:

Cheers,

Åsa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby K9Trainer » March 22nd, 2006, 4:56 pm

:wink:
Thanks guys!
Any staffie lovers on this forum??
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby K9Trainer » March 22nd, 2006, 5:09 pm

:o

Okay, while they're Yorkie's really don't have anything special (gentically they're okay, but their phenotype has too much white and off proportions) to offer the breed IMO, their Am Staffs are EXQUISITE!!!

If I EVER were to purchase one, I can guarantee you that's EXACTLY where I'm going. Not only does this breeder seem to have a good eye, they're CONSISTENT! Not in only what they purchase and show, but more importantly they can reproduce this in their litters! Not a single "off" puppy in any of their litters they have posted as produced. Remarkable.
Their guarantees are second to none as well. The most impressive thing (and my yorkie breeder- Wild Blue Cherry is the same way) is that there kennel is somewhat "new" and up and coming. And they've already made quite a name of themselves. Fabulous. Thank you for telling me about them!
It's refreshing to see a breeder like them. It'd be nice if they could come hold a seminar for some of the breeders here in the US! :wink:
K9Trainer
Just Whelped

Postby Romanwild » March 22nd, 2006, 5:47 pm

Just so you know, we like to see breeders use this:

http://www.pitbulltalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=48
Romanwild
I live here

Next

Return to Introductions