Rufus is driving me nuts

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 9:35 pm

he has been barking and whining non stop since 5pm.. he is driving me nuts.... right now he is laying on the couch barking and whining at jesse because she wont play with him..... so i ran him outside and figured that would help.. nope...
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 9:52 pm

Have you tried to alpha roll him? :ROFL2:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 9:53 pm

:idea1: holy crap i never thought of that!!!!!
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 9:58 pm

Maryellen wrote::idea1: holy crap i never thought of that!!!!!

Yeah, the alpha roll works for everything: whining, barking, growling, biting . . . it's the cure-all.

:wink:
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Maryellen » March 20th, 2006, 9:59 pm

dam i never knew that.. i will roll him now..... brb.................

ok, i tried to roll him but he went belly up anyway and hit me in the face with his paw...... we need a dog rolling emoticon..
Maryellen
I live here

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 10:00 pm

Maryellen wrote:we need a dog rolling emoticon..

Agreed.
SisMorphine

Postby Purple » March 20th, 2006, 10:52 pm

:thought:
Purple
I live here

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 10:52 pm

just beat him with a garden hose full of gravel. works every time.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Romanwild » March 20th, 2006, 10:54 pm

Maryellen wrote:dam i never knew that.. i will roll him now..... brb.................

ok, i tried to roll him but he went belly up anyway and hit me in the face with his paw...... we need a dog rolling emoticon..

lol
Romanwild
I live here

Postby Sue » March 20th, 2006, 10:54 pm

I find locking them in a crate for hours, then banging on the crate, yelling at the dog and finally drugging works really well. If that fails, then alpha roll him :D
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 10:56 pm

Sue wrote:I find locking them in a crate for hours, then banging on the crate, yelling at the dog and finally drugging works really well. If that fails, then alpha roll him :D

What if you did all that but rolled the crate instead of taking him out to alpha roll? Man, I should SOOOOOOOOOOO write a book on training . . .
SisMorphine

Postby Sue » March 20th, 2006, 10:59 pm

No silly, because then you would have to move all the crates stacked around and on top of the one you want to roll, jeez, don't you know anything :rolleyes2:
Sue
Bull Meister

Postby Jenn » March 20th, 2006, 10:59 pm

lol
Jenn
undecided

Postby BigDogBuford » March 20th, 2006, 11:00 pm

Maybe you're going to ahve an earthquake? The last time my dogs all acted like that we had one.

If not, then just go ahead with the alpha roll!

8)
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 11:04 pm

Sue wrote:No silly, because then you would have to move all the crates stacked around and on top of the one you want to roll, jeez, don't you know anything :rolleyes2:

Well then what about making sure the dog is in a top crate and you can just shove it off of the stack?
SisMorphine

Postby mnp13 » March 20th, 2006, 11:05 pm

Sue wrote:No silly, because then you would have to move all the crates stacked around and on top of the one you want to roll, jeez, don't you know anything :rolleyes2:

Forget that, just knock the whole tower of crates over. All of the dogs probably did something wrong at some point that you missed.

Just beat him when you're done with the alpha roll. He'll get the point.

(this is sick... funny... but sick)
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 11:05 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:Maybe you're going to ahve an earthquake? The last time my dogs all acted like that we had one.

8)

How long are you supposed to wait for an earthquake before you give in and alpha roll?
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 11:08 pm

mnp13 wrote:Forget that, just knock the whole tower of crates over. All of the dogs probably did something wrong at some point that you missed.

Ooooh, you bring up a very good point there. Want to co-write my book with me?
SisMorphine

Postby BigDogBuford » March 20th, 2006, 11:12 pm

SisMorphine wrote:
BigDogBuford wrote:Maybe you're going to ahve an earthquake? The last time my dogs all acted like that we had one.

8)

How long are you supposed to wait for an earthquake before you give in and alpha roll?

Up to a year. Surely they've done something in the past year that warrants a roll or a beating or whatever! They'll remember what they did....

:D
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby SisMorphine » March 20th, 2006, 11:23 pm

BigDogBuford wrote:
SisMorphine wrote:

8)

Up to a year. Surely they've done something in the past year that warrants a roll or a beating or whatever! They'll remember what they did....

:D
:box:
SisMorphine

Next

Return to Off-Topic