The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby LMM » February 19th, 2008, 8:03 am

No, I think this last slight was the last straw for me. I won't be trying to extend myself to these people anymore.

I still wanna slap someone over it though. That's bad huh? :oops: :mrgreen:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » February 19th, 2008, 8:57 am

Yes, but it too shall pass! :lol3:
Jenn
undecided

Postby airwalk » February 19th, 2008, 3:49 pm

Okay I was out all last week at an academy...Today I now have 16 hours of work to get done today and 16 more for tomorrow! Shoot me now
airwalk
I live here

Postby Asta » February 20th, 2008, 1:27 am

On February 19 2008, airwalk wrote:Okay I was out all last week at an academy...Today I now have 16 hours of work to get done today and 16 more for tomorrow! Shoot me now

*Goes to try and find one of those potato guns previously mentioned on the board*

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Magnolia618 » February 20th, 2008, 11:26 am

Why my mother felt the need to take MY car keys along with HER car keys when she went to work is beyond me. :evil: :crazy:

I miss living by myself.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Asta » February 20th, 2008, 2:07 pm

So that you can´t take your car and maybe get hurt in traffic :| ?

Ok, i am in a period of my life when i have the need to go to the toilet a lot (thank you baby :greenWave: ) which means that i have to go to public restrooms here, there and everywhere.
And there is one thing about that that just does not make sense and it really, and i mean REALLY, gets under my skin...That is how and why the heck do women manage to piss on the sit ring (is that the English word for it?) !?!??!?

It is ssoooo disgusting to first of all have to wipe up after another grown up person because that does not make it feel particularily clean first of all. And secondly, the few times one does not check to see if the coast is clear and sit down in it it just makes me want to barf >(

If you necessarily have to crouch over it like some sort of neurotic yoga master, atleast have the courtesy to lift up the ring first. Or clean up after yourself !

*BARF*

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » February 20th, 2008, 6:09 pm

I hear ya, yuck yuck...

Here is my rant for the day.. I took my daughter to school this morning, on the way back ~ dead little blondish colored dog on the shoulder of the road, bleeding a little towards it's back end. Yuck, dang people letting their dang dogs roam all over, and poor dog. :evil:

So later on I go to town, drive back by that way, heading home, and see a police car in a driveway on down the road a little. I drive by and naturally I'm looking over that way then :shock: gasp, that dead dog, wasn't dead afterall, the poor little thing, had climbed down towards the ditch, and was laying there still on it's side with it's head up. Apparently someone had called the cops, to help the poor thing. He was standing in front of a house with some guy who was pointing down the road, I can only assume the guy at the house was pointing to the cop maybe where the dog may be from? :| That poor dog has been there that I know of, from at least 7:15 this morning, till I was heading back home about 1:30. I am so tired all the loose dogs around here, and seeing dead ones of the side of the highway. :rant2:

I myself thought that dog must have just got hit by someone and WAS dead, it appeared dead, it also broke my heart it had been there hurting all day. :(
Jenn
undecided

Postby iluvk9 » February 20th, 2008, 7:40 pm

That is very sad, Jenn. I hope he was PTS if he was too far gone.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jenn » February 20th, 2008, 7:58 pm

I know me too. At least no matter what he/she was getting help, and didn't have to sit there and continue to suffer.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Emi » February 20th, 2008, 8:13 pm

Some times I can't understand people at all.

This drama all started 43 years ago, some time this year, when I was 6 years old. Some I have some memory of alot of the stuff that went on. And it's always haunted me and other members of my family.

This lie entails my Brother Paul and my ex-sister-in law Karen.

They had argued and split. I don't know the whole reason as to why, but some of it is coming to be knowledge now.

Here are my memories of what happened.

After Paul and Karen split up, Karen went to live with her parents, and Paul came home to live with us.

And one day Paul tried to kill himself. He took a bunch of pills, and went into my parents room shut the door, and was laying on their bed.

I had seen h I'm do this, I kept telling my Daddy that Paul was asleep in his bedroom and HE shouldn't be there. Dad kept ignoring me until I flung the door open and Paul was there. Caught him in time.

If I had not insisted that Paul was in there, we'd of lost him.

Paul was sent away for a month or two. To Mt Pleasant, it's like a mental insituation. Back then that's what they did with people who tried to kill themselves.

And way he gets home, and finds out that Karen's is pregnant with my niece Angel. My mother throws a fit she doesn't think it's Paul's she thinks he's sterile. So they trot off to the Dr's office, they do a test on him , and he does have swimmers. But my Mom still doesn't think it's Paul.

So Paul and Karen get back together, the first years are bad, well I guess they were all bad, any way, they separate a couple more times, and Paul tries to kill himself one more time before my father passes away. We go down to the house they were living in my parents want to clean the house of furniture. The bathroom is horrible .. Paul's blood is all over in there, he had attempted to slit his wrist that time.

Any way, they have 2 more children, my nephews Matt and Joe, they have their ups and downs, and in '92 give or take, they have their final separation, Karen goes to live in town with her Mother who is ill and older. After Mrs. Johnson passes away, Karen moves back with Paul for like 2 months then one day she just leaves.

they divorced around 98-99 give or take.

Any way, around 2004 this guy named Dave , who was a friend of Paul and Karen's, and his daughter was friends with my niece Angel. Talks to my niece Angel and tells her that he might be her father.

OH my god she's been in turmoil ever since.

Well, about 2 weeks ago she had a DNA test done with her and Paul. And the test came back on Monday, Feb 18Th, 2008, That there is a 0% chance that Paul is her father.

OMG she is just beside herself. She doesn't know if she should tell Paul or not. And she wants a test done with Dave to see if he's her father. Come to find out there might be 3 other guys in the running for this.

I would just love to call up my ex sister in law and thank her for the hell she's put my family threw.

BUT no matter what. Angel will always be my niece, I have loved her now for 42 years.

Oh my god. What more ?
You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give you a look that says, 'Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!'
- Dave Barry
Emi
Full of Bully

Postby madremissy » February 20th, 2008, 8:21 pm

:hug3: Oh I am so sorry you had to have this go on. But you are right, your niece will always be yours.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Jenn » February 20th, 2008, 8:25 pm

Yuck!! What a mess, so sorry.
Jenn
undecided

Postby Magnolia618 » February 20th, 2008, 9:19 pm

On February 20 2008, Asta wrote:

It is ssoooo disgusting to first of all have to wipe up after another grown up person because that does not make it feel particularily clean first of all.

So that you can´t take your car and maybe get hurt in traffic :| ?

But I had to go to work so I can pay the assload of rent/bills that I have to pay!!

And secondly, the few times one does not check to see if the coast is clear and sit down in it it just makes me want to barf >(

You actually sit on public toilets??
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » February 21st, 2008, 1:02 am

It's February in Vermont and I have no heat. Score. :evil:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby gayrghts » February 21st, 2008, 1:06 am

On February 21 2008, 12:02 AM, Magnolia618 wrote:It's February in Vermont and I have no heat. Score. :evil:

Between no heat... mom taking the car, and t he news you got from Jason... i'm surprised you're so calm...

Stay as warm as you can... go snuggle with doggies :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Magnolia618 » February 21st, 2008, 1:11 am

Oh, and I spent the entire day doing EVERYTHING at work, while my "co-worker" sat behind the desk and read magazines all day.

She did the office work, but NONE of the cleaning and didnt do diddly squat with the dogs. She actually sat there when I cleaned around her and then had the smurfing nerve to say "Can you let Louie out?" (Louie is a boarder who stays behind the desk during the day). I stopped what I was doing (MOPPING HER FLOOR!!) and just stared at her. Then she said "Uhh... I mean, if you get a chance. Thanks".

and it got topped off with me arguing with Jason for an hour about stupid crap.

GAAH, this day sucked.
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby amazincc » February 21st, 2008, 1:19 am

On February 21 2008, 12:11 AM, Magnolia618 wrote:Oh, and I spent the entire day doing EVERYTHING at work, while my "co-worker" sat behind the desk and read magazines all day.

She did the office work, but NONE of the cleaning and didnt do diddly squat with the dogs. She actually sat there when I cleaned around her and then had the smurfing nerve to say "Can you let Louie out?" (Louie is a boarder who stays behind the desk during the day). I stopped what I was doing (MOPPING HER FLOOR!!) and just stared at her. Then she said "Uhh... I mean, if you get a chance. Thanks".

and it got topped off with me arguing with Jason for an hour about stupid crap.

GAAH, this day sucked.

:shock: :cry:

Hope the rest of the week gets MUCH better for you! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Asta » February 21st, 2008, 3:43 am

Oh Jenn i am so sorry :( Let us hope that the dog was out of it most of the day and didn´t suffer too much! That would slay me completely since "just" seeing the regular roadkill makes me feel all sniffly :(

And Emi, that is an unbelivable mess :( I am very sorry for your niece and your family!
Why the heck would this Dave guy just randomly blurt this info out without discussing it with the parents first? The nerve. I am all for calling up your ex sister-in-law and tell her a few things! Fine, i am sure that she has felt bad too over the years blah blah blah, but you don´t just act that way towards other human beings :x How is your brother dealing with it all?

But at the end of the day, as you said, you have loved your niece for 42 years and that stays the same :)

Ugh for so called co-workers like that Chea :x

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby PandaBear » February 21st, 2008, 5:50 pm

Looks like I ruffled some feathers at work today! :mrgreen:

I work in the accounting department for an oil & gas company. My job is to pay invoices. I am in charge of this one account (D & G), which might I add is totally incompetent. D & G is actually dispatched as a flow-over account when Coffman (another account) is too busy. About two months ago we caught D & G double billing us. They would send in an invoice that said "Cover Sheet" with one invoice number and then send another invoice that said "Invoice" with a completely different invoice number. We came to an agreement with D & G that we would send everything back that had "Cover Sheet" on it. They were to correct it and send it back to us using the "Invoice" name and number.

On Thursday I was sent an email with an aging report attached. (An aging report lists the invoices that have not been paid and how many days they are outstanding, i.e. 30 to 45 days old, 45- 60 days old, 60- 90 days old, etc.) Marcy, one of the other girls in the office, looks up all these outstanding invoices for me and faxes a copy back to D & G. Some are still waiting on approval and some are waiting to get paid. So on Monday I get an email from the same guy asking about the same invoices. Its only been two freaking days buddy! Then yesterday I get a 7 page aging report demanding an immediate response on all of these invoices. First of all, we only cut checks on Monday's and Thursday's and I'm pretty sure he hasn't even received a check yet.

As I look over this aging report, I notice 67 invoices that are no where to be found in our system. I email him saying I need these sent ASAP. He turns around and accuses me of losing them!!!! Comes to find out, they were all those invoices we sent back to be corrected and he has never sent them back to me!! So he transmits them into the system and sends me an email, again, demanding immediate attention. So I work all day on these stupid invoices for this guy, which I really wish I could put on the back burner for about a week or two. It is his fault these invoices didn't get paid in the first place!

After yesterdays fiasco I sent him an email saying I can only accept aging reports once a week, not every other day! I guess he doesn't realize I process 3000 other invoices a month! I check my messages today and he left me a voice-mail saying he needs to get paid! No sheesh Shurlock! I'm working my butt off trying to get this settled. There is only so much I can do! Anyway, I'm almost done processing these old invoices for him and I get yet another email asking about them. I've about had it by now! I sent him an email back explaining that I just finished processing them and now they have two stages, some three stages, to go through before even being sent to corporate for approval for a check to be cut. He has the nerve to tell me someone on my side made a huge mistake and he should be compensated for these invoices being paid so late!!

I about fell out of my chair laughing so hard! I of course told my boss about this last email, she laughed too, and we walked down to the hall to talk to the big guys. D & G is now completely off the list and we will not be using them again, EVER! HA! I guess he doesn't realize that the more you harass someone and the bigger problem you are, the faster we are going to get rid of you! So instead of getting paid late, he's not getting paid at all. Sounds bad on my part, but I really hope his business fails because he is not a good businessman!

If you actually made it all the way through, I thank you kindly. I just wanted to get this off my chest.
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » February 21st, 2008, 6:21 pm

Wow what a day, sounds like a nice night for a little alcohol..
Jenn
undecided

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic