Navi...the stray I never met

Postby Scout » February 20th, 2008, 2:38 pm

Navi was a stray dog that was wandering a busy street on campus...she was almost hit by a car a few times! :shock: My colleague Nikki, the animal lover that she is, pulled over and Navi jumped right into her car. She told me that other people were trying to help Navi but she was too afraid to approach them...there must have been something about Nikki that made Navi trust her.

Nikki and her husband kept Navi for a couple of weeks...desperately trying to find her owner, reporting her to all the shelters and posting "Found Dog" flyers all over the neighborhood. No microchip and no luck. Having her own two dogs and 4 cats to take care of, they sadly surrendered her to the local SPCA...thankfully a no-kill shelter, and lovers of the bully breeds (also where we found Cookie :))

There was hope for Navi as Nikki found a pit bull lover that owned a local shop. The lady had just lost her pit bull not too long ago and was ready for another dog when she found out about Navi.

Last week Nikki checked the website and noticed Navi's picture was taken down so she called in to see if she found a forever home. They had informed her that Navi had Kennel Cough and was removed from the adoption floor until she recovered. This past Monday, she was still not listed so Nikki called in again.

Sadly, Navi was not getting better and she was not responding to the meds. They made the choice to put her down. Nikki was devastated. She did what she could for Navi but I guess Navi just couldn't pull through. Nikki said she was such the lovebug and just wanted lovins. She knew Navi would make a great pet. :cry:

I told Nikki that at least Navi felt the love of humans during her last days and she was not alone, out in the woods and in the cold. And I told her how brave she was to open up her heart and her car to a stray dog...much less a stray pit bull! Others would have turned their backs on a pit. :(

To Navi...may you look down upon other strays so you can light their way to Nikki's place...where they will be warm, fed, taken care of and always loved!

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » February 20th, 2008, 2:42 pm

What a beautiful memorial you have written for her.

Rest in Peace, Navi. You were certainly loved.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » February 20th, 2008, 2:50 pm

RIP, Navi... :cry:
And Scout - you are an awesome person... thanks! :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby hzumstein » February 20th, 2008, 3:18 pm

RIP Navi
The Zumsteins: Toby, Heather, Toby-Allen, Ellie-Grace, Diesel, Hope, Stormy, Daisy & Lou Lou.
hzumstein
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby katiek0417 » February 20th, 2008, 3:21 pm

RIP Navi...poor girl...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby madremissy » February 20th, 2008, 3:21 pm

How beautiful. :cry: RIP Navi
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Marinepits » February 20th, 2008, 3:29 pm

On Wed, Feb 20 2008, 1:42 PM, iluvk9 wrote:What a beautiful memorial you have written for her.

Rest in Peace, Navi. You were certainly loved.

What she said. :sad:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 20th, 2008, 6:36 pm

RIP beautiful Navi... :(
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby cecollins » February 21st, 2008, 4:17 pm

Oh my, she was so beautiful. How sad!!! RIP Navi girl!
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Return to Our Departed Friends