ACE of Hearts! 13 weeks

Postby Jenny » February 15th, 2008, 1:03 pm

Another little spawn of satan... courtesy of our local backyard breeder.

First time for me to see a 3 month old pup with barrier aggression!!!! :x
He was not a happy camper to say the least.

This little guy has been thru Hell. The sounds that came out of this boy are chilling.. thank god less frequently every day.. it sounds like he is mimicking a human baby in pain, a lot of pain.. if you can imagine.. breaks my heart when he does that. :cry2:

Meet ACE!~ this boy has had four homes already! and he has the messed up head to go along with it. He ended up at the shelter and was going to be put down for his behavior problems, rather than pass him on. The shelter staff and us want him to have a chance to heal. How could I say no?
We've had him almost a week and he is much improved in the psycho department.
Cris the xmas puppy and our little Von have helped him relax and chill out so much already, he loves having a buddy.
Ace is listening really well... nice attention span! and wants to love and please us. He leans and tries to get so close to us when we snuggle and sit with him to watch tv.. he is craving attention and touch.

Ace has that cute goofy ear thing going on... I love him.

Ace would benefit from a experienced, balanced home or foster asap.

He is current on his vacc's and is being treated for parasites.. we will alter him at the appropriate time.

Last edited by Jenny on February 15th, 2008, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 15th, 2008, 1:07 pm

OMG, if Ace were female, I'd take her in a heartbeat!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » February 15th, 2008, 1:08 pm

Must

Resist

I LOVE HIM!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenny » February 15th, 2008, 1:12 pm

On February 15 2008, 12:07 PM, Marinepits wrote:OMG, if Ace were female, I'd take her in a heartbeat!

hehe does neutering count?
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » February 15th, 2008, 1:16 pm

I think ACE will be a big boy, he is younger than Cris as we can see by his tiny little shark teeth.. but he is big!

Ace was loaded with parasites... at least the huge belly is gone..my friend at the shelter, Wendy, put him on panacur regimen the first day he was there, shes a good egg!

I'm thankful the fourth owners parents, a teenage boy..who bought Ace from ANOTHER teenage boy said "oh but hell no, you cannot have that pup and he needs to go to the shelter" who knows where he would have ended up. :evil:
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby delilahsmommy » February 17th, 2008, 6:46 pm

omg....what a cutie!!!
some people just dont get it...
and some shouldnt
delilahsmommy
Loyally Bully

Postby cecollins » February 18th, 2008, 12:45 pm

On February 15 2008, 11:07 AM, Marinepits wrote:OMG, if Ace were female, I'd take her in a heartbeat!

Ditto X1000
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby amazincc » February 18th, 2008, 2:28 pm

OMG... if he was closer, I'd take him in a heartbeat!!!

He sounds exactly like Mick at 4 months old... defensive as all-get-out, but wanting to trust someone in the worst way.

Who the hell where those scumbags who bred this guy??? :x

He's beautiful... please, please, please make sure he ends up w/someone who has lots of patience, lots of love, a firm hand, and the knowledge to help this boy to get over his "issues". There is a loyal and loving dog in that "psycho puppy" buried somewhere... don't give up on him. :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenny » February 18th, 2008, 9:10 pm

I'll be very picky with his new home Christine.. I promise! His new owners will have to take him to several classes not just one course.. and he isn't going anywhere right away..I wish you were closer too.. I've taken a lot of crap from the puppy this week! thank god he learns quick. He really wants to please once he stops his inappropriate reactions.

Breaks my heart to see his little mind so bent. I have some very good balanced dogs here that are helping me with him too.. Ace is already responding in a good way to the dogs.

If I put him in a play yard.. I will put another pup/dog in first.. then go get him and put him in.. then he won't throw a hissy fit and its all good in his mind, he is not being abandoned by me, its playtime! Today I put him in first one time and his reactions were much improved when I left him. I could see him thinking... "oh, shes bringing another dog" and he relaxed.

He hasn't bit at my hands and fingers when he gets put back in his crate either today..he actually is going in under his own power :P grudgingly, but he goes ...

No food aggression ... no toy aggression... just barriers and separation..
he is improving..I have him on petfinder already but his new home will have to have time for him, be experienced, committed and live closeby ..

I went to the laundry to wash doggie blankets and there was two separate flyers for pit bull puppies in Seneca Falls.... GAH! lovely... one was a litter of twelve! ruined my day. I thought I might call them and tell them Ace's story... among other things. :x

Ace came from a BYB near me, the guy is a piece of work..I could fill a whole thread on him alone..lists his occupation as "dog breeder" OMG... he'll get his due.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby hey21jude » February 18th, 2008, 10:40 pm

*GASP* He reminds me of Dex when he was a baby! Love the spotted ears!! Glad your looking out for him. Sounds like he's gonna turn out to be a great dog in your care! Good luck with him!
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby amazincc » February 19th, 2008, 1:16 am

On February 18 2008, 8:10 PM, Jenny wrote:I'll be very picky with his new home Christine.. I promise! His new owners will have to take him to several classes not just one course.. and he isn't going anywhere right away..I wish you were closer too.. I've taken a lot of crap from the puppy this week! thank god he learns quick. He really wants to please once he stops his inappropriate reactions.

Breaks my heart to see his little mind so bent. I have some very good balanced dogs here that are helping me with him too.. Ace is already responding in a good way to the dogs.

I know you will take very good care of him... I didn't mean to imply otherwise... :oops:
It's just that he reminds me of Mick A LOT, and I made my share of mistakes w/him... which turned into quite some issues... you know?
Make sure this pup gets handled by LOTS of people and that he associates ONLY good things w/humans when they touch him - I SO wish I had done that w/Mickey instead of trying to "protect" him from the world because I thought he couldn't handle it...
Ace will turn out to be a great boy and a best friend for someone who knows what they're doing...
And thank you for looking past his behavior... having had FOUR previous "owners" must've confused the hell out of him. :hug3:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Jenny » February 22nd, 2008, 11:33 am

I know you will take very good care of him... I didn't mean to imply otherwise...

I know :P , no offense taken, I wanted to reassure you! I'm a glutton for punishment and will persevere with him. I see too many rescue people get a messed up insecure or defensive dog and move it out a week later! too scary. The dog gets bounced from foster to foster because they are not behaving right and people won't or can't deal with it ! pissses me off to no end, just ruins the dog further.

I hear ya about the mistakes.. but if I didn't make any I wouldn't learn .. wow I have made a ton..but lookit Mr. Mick and how wonderful he is doing now!
its a hard road to hoe!

I met Ace's sister yesterday at the shelter. a little white beauty. She was adopted by a shelter volunteer. She fared much better than Ace through their ordeal. The lady tried to take Ace home too initially but he bit the heck out of her.. From what the sisters new owner told me yesterday there is much more to the story about Ace's background.. its very fishy..prob better I don't know.. :evil:

Ace is doing really good this week. We are keeping him exercised and tired. :mrgreen: He is going right in the crate now and listens to me when he gets too worked up about "leaving him" when he is outside. Thankfully he is not doing the banshee screaming any more!
He got to meet several new people yesterday and one 9 yr old girl.. he did super! They all thought he was adorable of course and I kept my mouth shut about his "devil inside" and just watched him interact. He did great and was very loving... so happy to see that! He likes the barn kitty female we have too, hopefully he will not be cat sharp.. that will help him.
I think my most favorite thing to see him do right now, sounds silly but its a great thing to me... when we are going outside.. I have all the waterers and water buckets in the house now by the doors.. they just freeze right up outside. He will stop on the way in and out to get his drink and leisurely wag his tail while he drinks... way better posture than a week ago, when he would gulp madly and look from side to side like he had to guard the water.. or was afraid I would not let him drink..making progress..
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue