Lifelong Journey on the Road with Spirit

This is where to talk about Pit Bulls!

Postby beemerchef » January 26th, 2008, 5:54 am

Mother in Atlanta…
Bitter cold, feels like 16, no sunrises and no sunsets… much traffic and everyone is on the cell phone! How Life has changed…
Spirit feels restricted, from car to hotel room to some dirty off color and littered resemblance of greenery. I am sure we would have gone to some Parks if the weather would have cooperated a bit more. This is our last day in ATL before Tybee Island which I am really looking forward to, till the 20th of February.
Some more pictures of the Motorcycle Show… not much else going on besides lengthy conversations with my mother solving Life’s dilemmas…
Four years ago tomorrow, Lance struggled with his last day amongst us. This time I will not be alone and my mother will not be alone either. We will hold each other up… we will make it through the day as he will also be with us.
For those wondering… this has always been our Life story… sometimes most everything else takes a back seat.
You be well… Love your Children.
Ara & Spirit

Made by us on the road while traveling… “Spirited Doggie Treatsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 28th, 2008, 8:09 am

Arriving, Tybee Island, GA
Spirit and I rode a bit yesterday on the Island, dog owners… beware as they do not allow them on the beach, truly a disappointment. The fine is $200+… will deal with that situation.
And of course I will accept my mother anyway she comes!… as she disagrees with my Lifestyle, Path, Journey… you name it! But that is nothing new… I am just trying for her to use the word “couldâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » January 30th, 2008, 1:41 pm

A ride through Savannah, GA

Yes, this is a real Police Station and the Chief of Police Parking spot… but he never showed up for the few minutes it took us to take some pictures. It was the only available parking space, I would have explained.
Beautiful day yesterday, gave Spirit a chance to play in the big dog run, much needed exercise as today and tomorrow the forecast is rain.
It is quiet here, getting caught up on the laundry, rearranging one more cabinet, bake some Treats and print some Art Cards for my mother who wants to send some to her friends… a good customer I have here!!!
Enjoy the pictures, there will be more as we are settling in nicely being off season right now.
Be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 1st, 2008, 9:26 am

Savannah, for real! GA

We keep going to the enclosed fenced dog run. I just love taking pictures of Spirit clowning around and getting his much needed exercise. A bit hesitant at first, that’s me not him (!!!), regarding the behavior of the other digs present, but after talking to their owners all was fine, every one keeps an eye on them strongly.
Mother dropped off at a Mall… we went on again to Savannah’s Historical District and started playing with the camera mainly on one street only called “Jones Stâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 1st, 2008, 12:27 pm

LMAO What a great photo! That poor white dog is like "Oh, CRAP!"
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 1st, 2008, 5:29 pm

That pic is so cute! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby beemerchef » February 4th, 2008, 8:50 am

It was hysterical...

Colonial Faire & Muster, GA

An unusual event, for us anyhow. The 10th Annual Colonial Faire and Muster, reenactment day, a celebration of the founding of the Colony of Georgia at Savannah, on February 12th 1733 by James Evans Oglethorpe. Spirit and I rode there, pursuit by a fanatic reader hanging out of the window of a fast moving van… Mike Justice, “Drillerâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 6th, 2008, 10:01 am

The rest of the weekend, GA

More pictures from the reenactment as the firing of the cannon is always a favorite… kids will be kids you know. Spirit did not like it too much as it was the first time he was in proximity of one. Tried to keep him away as much as possible…
I have been thinking about getting us a new buddy lately… much to think about, specially being the size of the sidecar. They would have to sit side by side pretty close. I even called “Friends Of Animalsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 6th, 2008, 10:05 am

The pics of two pits in helmets and doggles may just push me over the edge of cuteness. lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby Jenn » February 6th, 2008, 10:22 am

Agreed, and that guy in the park was a douche bag good for ya'll showing what a wonderful pet they really can be! :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby beemerchef » February 8th, 2008, 10:57 am

There are some I can change their mind... at least Spirit can!!! But some... just have to walk away and smile...

St Simon Island… GA

When we decided to meet (mother and I) in this area called the Golden Isles, GA, my thought were of small villages by the water, quaint and quiet… Comparatively we love Tybee now as we had a chance to visit St Simon Island (south) and also Spirit and I took a ride yesterday about 100 miles north of here. All are full blown cities with major traffic tie ups, 4 lane highways and the back roads which I found just a few are now rare.
The beaches are still quiet once into a State Park, it has been overwhelming besides those area.
I know that this is going to be a trend as it has also been these past months. Checking on what use to be free BLM (Bureau Land Management) camping near Moab, Utah, I am already discovering that they have become also rare as they are now charging $10 a night and limiting the stay to 14 days. Luckily we do have some info on remaining free camping on which we will establish camp very soon. Enjoy the “tourâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 10th, 2008, 11:02 am

Hunting Island State Park, SC

It is a fine Park well worth visiting with a beautiful Lighthouse and beaches, so serene and peaceful, specially off season. A day trip from Tybee Island, it was just Spirit and I and the camera. Found a great BBQ joint in Bluffton where actually they took care of “usâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 12th, 2008, 8:45 am

An afternoon in Savannah, GA

We keep going back to Savannah, after all, when was the last time we have witnessed a city built in 1773!… Quite a few moons ago. Busy on the weekend, much nicer during the week and much easier to find any kind of parking space. Our stay on the coast here is nearing the end, we are still planning to sightsee Charleston tomorrow as the weather has been awesome. It should be a nice ride with Spirit.
Sometimes I have a lack of words to express why we are on the road on this Journey, seems somehow that the images are a bit clearer now and that is the content of today’s Blog.
You be well… Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 15th, 2008, 11:46 am

Charleston, SC

A nice 300 mile round trip to Charleston from Tybee Island, cloudy day, cool temps specially with much wind when coming back the same day. Spirit’s patience does not cease to amaze me as we did more sightseeing than dog walks on the grass… and then again the sidecar is his second home!
The Historical City is amazing with its ongoing restoration all approved by the Charleston Historical Society, down to the mortar used, door handles and every details imaginable. Beautiful houses, narrow streets and tour guides dressed from the past era.
One of the highlights was the “Three Dog Bakeryâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 15th, 2008, 1:09 pm

AWESOME pic! I love it! :rock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby beemerchef » February 17th, 2008, 12:28 pm

More of Charleston, SC

Thinking back I cannot decide which was the highlight of Charleston! The Historical City or the “Three Dog Bakeryâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 17th, 2008, 3:47 pm

Those dog cookies shaped like bones look yummy!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby beemerchef » February 19th, 2008, 9:08 am

Hey... that looks like Spirit!!!
EVERYTHING was good... well, looked good!!!... and expensive...

Lasts days on Tybee Island, GA

Bittersweet on this last day here. Excited about going back to Atlanta tomorrow morning, ride my old stumping grounds “The Georgia Mountainsâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 22nd, 2008, 4:57 pm

Idling in Atlanta, GA

Yes, it has been raining since we arrived here, non stop and we are on the verge of cabin fever. We are almost there… Good thing dogs like to sleep a lot and once this is behind us I think we will stay up for days! Wish I had Spirit’s patience, I am learning very quickly in times as such.
Georgia Mountains maybe if things clear up a bit, would love to take some of those well known roads and some last pictures of the area before we leave Monday morning.
My mother made it back safely to Munich, already a phone call to assure me of it. The next chapter of this Journey will go on very soon… exciting times ahead… we hope.
A nostalgic look back on the Blog today… old photos are always fun, that is what they are for… right?
Enjoy, be well… and stay well!
Ara & Spirit

beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

Postby beemerchef » February 25th, 2008, 6:52 am

Finally some Georgia Mountains…

All too familiar where the roads and the scenery yesterday. “Two Wheels Onlyâ€
beemerchef
Confident Young Bully

PreviousNext

Return to Pit Bull Talk