I'm in love

Postby SisMorphine » December 30th, 2007, 10:40 pm

THESE DOGS ARE URGENT!!

So I went to meet the two pit bulls today. I didn't have time for a formal temperament test, but figured a brief meeting and some pics would give me a general sense. I didn't have much hope since I was told they were DA.

Well . . . I'm in love.

And as anyone who knows me well can tell you, I don't fall for most dogs. These two were VERY mislabeled as DA. They have some barrier frustration geared towards other dogs, but they've lived in a kennel environment for the last 8 months, so what do you expect? I saw them interact with one of the kennel workers' pit/whippet mix and they showed no signs of DA in the slightest. She says that they play with all three of her dogs on a regular basis without an issue.

They are female litter mates, around 2 years old. They have been at the vet hospital for 8 months. Their old owner gave them up because she had too many dogs and not enough money. To me they look to have some hound in them. They are absolute sweethearts and I wish my camera didn't crap out when it did :oops:

MEET VICTORIA!

She is an absolute sweetheart and extremely difficult to photograph because she insists on melting into your lap. She is very low key. She was shy for the first 5 seconds and recovered VERY quickly and was just a sweetheart. She gave me the sweetest, softest kisses and was just ever so gentle.

MEET MAYA

She has a little more energy than her sister, has no obedience and is a bit of a jumper but she is SUCH a sweetheart! Her energy is nowhere near that of your normal Lab, so really she's not high energy, she just has spunk. She was all about snuggling and cuddling AND exploring the yard. She was ever so slightly more forward with the dog she met, but it didn't worry me in the slightest. Neither dog seems to be dominant.

The owner of the facility buys into the pit bull hype. He is also more afraid of them since some of the kennel workers have now labeled them as DA (NOT TRUE!). He almost put them down this week but the kennel staff begged him not to. These dogs need to get out now! Preferably finding them homes, but to have a rescue pull them would also be fantastic. I will be doing what I can to help these two, but unfortunately cannot take on any fosters. We are looking to place them separately.

These dogs seem to be highly adoptable.

I can give them full evaluations and can help to transport to the right owner or rescue.

PLEASE cross post. If anyone has any leads contact me at SisMorphine@pitbulltalk.com
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby luvmypitties » December 31st, 2007, 1:25 am

They are both adorable! I hope something comes along for them!
Tina
Our thoughts and prayers are with Mick and Christine! We love you both!

RIP my precious Noah! You are greatly missed and still so loved!!! 7-12-06-- 2-21-07
RIP Abby! I always loved you!
luvmypitties
I live here

Postby gayrghts » December 31st, 2007, 1:44 am

they are cute, and don't even look THATTTTTT pit like.....

What's up with the spotted one..... spaniel?
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby DropkickPA » December 31st, 2007, 11:26 am

There's definitely some hound in those dogs.
Dropkick, Dropkid, and Agatha, of course!!
DropkickPA
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » December 31st, 2007, 4:58 pm

On December 31 2007, 12:44 AM, gayrghts wrote:they are cute, and don't even look THATTTTTT pit like.....

What's up with the spotted one..... spaniel?

Nope. I say definitely two hound/pit mixes. SUCH sweethearts. No takers so far. I need to get them out of there soon :(
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » December 31st, 2007, 5:13 pm

Good luck little girls, maya reminds me of Maddie.
Jenn
undecided

Postby SisMorphine » February 5th, 2008, 7:32 pm

These dogs have until the middle of next week before they are going to be PTS. Anyone? Anyone at all?? They are total sweethearts, EASY dogs.
SisMorphine

Postby SisMorphine » February 11th, 2008, 11:05 pm

Possibly good news.

I have a foster who can take one of the dogs as long as a rescue will back them.

AND I had a rescue offer to back them (though without confirmation I will make no guarantees yet). But I'm really hoping this works out for at least Victoria.

There is another shelter that has a high adoption rate (actually the shelter Mike was in . . . which gives me mixed feelings, but at least this dog is an easy girl for a first time home) that may be able to take the other dog if we can't find a foster home.

And I had a kennel offer to board them temporarily until they can be placed somewhere.

So hopefully something will work out for these two dainty ladies.

*crosses fingers*
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » February 11th, 2008, 11:06 pm

Good luck girls!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » February 12th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Awwww good luck to these two sweeties! *crossing fingers*
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenny » February 13th, 2008, 11:51 pm

Sweet girls, I hope they get a safe spot quickly!
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » February 14th, 2008, 10:02 pm

Though I had a rescue to back them and MORE than enough offers to foster, the place where they are now has opted to drop them at the local SPCA.

At least they'll be getting more exposure.

Rescue politics suck. This is why I try not to get involved. The ridiculousness of the past few days and trying to help these two dogs is crushing.
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » February 14th, 2008, 10:29 pm

:hug3: So sorry Alyssa, I hope they have good luck, and are adopted quickly though.
Jenn
undecided

Return to Rescue