9mos pit in CT brought in to be euthanized-NEEDS HOME NOW

Postby Lovemydogz » February 7th, 2008, 11:15 pm

My vet tech just told me that a 9mos old male pitbull was brought in today to be PTS for the simple fact that they didnt want it anymore-these were the type of people that shouldnt have had this breed to begin with. This poor guy was never neutered or given any shots. On the plus side, he is happy, healthy and was never fought! When the tech saw this pups personality she convinced the people to sign him over to avoid euthanizing him that day. The bad part is he is being held at the Vet hospital as she has 3 dogs at home including another pit and cannot bring another home. She wants to save this little guys life but doesn't have much time to find him a home as the hospital wont keep him much longer. [b]If you know anyone who can give this little guy a good home, [/b]please PM me with your e-mail and I can send a picture of him too. [/b]
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby LMM » February 8th, 2008, 10:35 am

I can't pm yet!

Where is he located? Pics? I can cross post this for you.
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Lovemydogz » February 8th, 2008, 1:41 pm

Thanks! All the help I can get is needed. I just found out he is now in a crate in a basement all day as the Vet wont let her keep the dog there. This is very sad and urgent as this is no way for a 9month old to live. Please e-mail me at jessicacorsaletti@hotmail.com and I can send you a picture. Its too hard to post one on here.
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » February 8th, 2008, 3:02 pm

:greenWave: Check your e-mail!!!
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » February 8th, 2008, 3:09 pm

On February 08 2008, 2:02 PM, amazincc wrote::greenWave: Check your e-mail!!!

You ARE the angel to the adoptables...I'm not sure what they would do without your heart of gold!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Lovemydogz » February 8th, 2008, 7:29 pm

I just sent it to you....please check your e-mail. Thanks a million!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby amazincc » February 8th, 2008, 7:38 pm

amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Mickle » February 10th, 2008, 10:23 am

We could Foster him if you dont have any luck finding him a home. We are in Massachussetts.
Liisa
Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken
Mickle
Loyally Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 10th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Really?! I will let the tech know. Can you e-mail me at the above address and tell me where in Mass you live. Do you have any other dogs or pets? Thanks a million.
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby Vertigo » February 12th, 2008, 4:09 am

What a cutie - hell I'd foster him too I wish I lived closer; did we find him a home?
Vertigo
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 12th, 2008, 9:34 pm

No. He is still homeless. I just got a call from a local rescue (POA) and they were very rude and unwilling to take him. She gave suggestions-all things Ive done already- and then said they dont take dogs from private people only organizations and shelters.

I just got off the phone with the tech that saved him and she said someone is going to see him Friday-people who just lost theyre dog-and hopefully it will work out. Otherwise she said she may have to euthanize him as there is nobody here to care for him. I asked her again about his personality and she said he is fine. He is your typical doofie pit. Unfortunately her Pit at home is DA so taking home home is not an option. I DONT WANT TO SEE THIS DOG PTS-there has to be a home somewhere for him :( I'm so sad right now.
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 12th, 2008, 9:51 pm

HI! I MIGHT have a solution. I work at a boarding Kennel in CT. We do some rescue as well. Right now we already have a pitty we are trying to find a home for, and as far as I know, my boss does not want to take in another dog until she has found a home. However, I will ask him about it. I might be able to sway him. He loves pits and if I show him pics, and tell him of the desperate situation he is in, he may just say yes. I can't make any gaurentees, but I'll try. I'd hate to see this beautiful boy get PTS for no good reason. PM me if you want anymore info. :wink:
Save the Pit Bull... Save the World.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby hey21jude » February 12th, 2008, 9:53 pm

btw He matches the little girl we have at the kennel we have now. looks just like her!
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Lovemydogz » February 13th, 2008, 11:55 am

I got an e-mail from a guy in Lebenon CT who is intersted he has other pets though incl cats so Im not sure how that will go. Im also trying to get him into a spay/neuter program in Stamford. PLease keep me posted on the boarding and if its OK with your boss. Nothing is certain right now except the fact that he is running low on time. Thanks!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 13th, 2008, 1:28 pm

GOOD NEWS!!! We would be happy to take him in! If you can't get him neutered, we would take care of that as well as his vaccinations, if he needs them done. I hope he finds a home, but if not, he has a home with us! Well give him a safe place to stay until we find a suitable owner for him..

My boss saw his pic and that's all it took! He couldn't say no.

I'm so Glad we can help this baby boy out. Let me know how things work out with the guy who is interested, and if they don't I could come get him ASAP. :mrgreen:
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 13th, 2008, 1:35 pm

Whoa! Great job! :rock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby LMM » February 13th, 2008, 2:12 pm

That is completely awesome!!
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Lovemydogz » February 13th, 2008, 5:08 pm

Where in CT are you? How does he advertise to find them a home? Its funny...when POA called me the other day she said she saw a dog for the last couple months that looked just like this one...maybe she was talking about the one there?! Anyways, we are going to see how it goes with this guy who wants to adopt him and see if Cena will get along with his dog/cats and if not.....we will be in contact. Please let me know the answers to the above questions and Thank You so much for checking with him!!!
Lovemydogz
Just Whelped

Postby hey21jude » February 13th, 2008, 5:22 pm

The Kennel is located in Fairfield County. Wilton to be exact. We have an adoptable section on our website that we can post him on. Also, we can put him on petfinder. Right now we're having issues with our website and haven't been able to post the pic of Vixen on our website...soon to be fixed. :wink:
We also have a adoption corner in our office that we post their pictures on. We have a lot of people in and out all day so they can see it. Unfortunately, everyone who has shown interest gets turned off when we say the word "pit". The right home is out there. It's a great facility and he'll be well cared for and LOVED most of all.
hey21jude
Confident Young Bully

Postby Marinepits » February 13th, 2008, 5:46 pm

On Wed, Feb 13 2008, 4:22 PM, hey21jude wrote:The Kennel is located in Fairfield County. Wilton to be exact.....It's a great facility and he'll be well cared for and LOVED most of all.

If this is the place I'm thinking of, yes it is a fantastic facility! :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Next

Return to Rescue