Dawson Creek Shelter Doggies!

Postby mistee06 » February 10th, 2008, 5:11 pm

soo....we have a bunch of doggies!! So I thought I'd list them here... I lost my camera cord...so as soon as I find it there will be pix!!

Herman:

1-2 year old purebred GORGEOUS rotti, knows sit, down, shake a paw and possibly more!! Needs a rotti experienced home. Extremely sweet and the biggest WUSS in the world!

Hobo:

Border Collie/ Sheperd mix, 1-2 years old. SMILES when greeted...talked to...looked at... passed by... LOL.. Is extremly sweet and likes to talk... wants to be an indoor doggie!

Honey:

6 year old Terrier mix. very sweet, loves people, wants to cuddle! has lived with other small dogs and cats peacefully... is fearful of bigger dogs.

Chewy:

2 year old Terrier mix, looks like a long haired corgi LOL.... is Honey's baby... not housebroken... very sweet... loves people and likes to play

Jessie:

9 month old Pyrenees mix (apparently with lab...who knows)... very sweet... loves people... needs work on obedience....

Halo & Holly:

8 week old American Bulldog X St. Bernard female pups. EXTREMELY cute... cuddly...LAZY and sweet.... These two are going to be big girls!!

Fawn:

14 week old Pit mix female/ spayed pup. Needs an experienced home. She is stubborn as they come!! She's very sweet but bad too LOL. She's a lil cutie!

Coco:

6 year old Retriever mix. Chocolate in colour, possibly border collie in there. Very sweet, plays well with other dogs. is possessive over food, treats and sometimes her kennel. She needs a loving home that can give her a retirement heaven!

Thats everything.....................

...............for now!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » February 10th, 2008, 6:01 pm

What are your adoption requirements and where in BC are you located? I'll look it up but I'm curious as I have an applicant here in Washington who's rescue Rottie just passed away and he's looking for another male rescue. Herman might be a good match.
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 11th, 2008, 12:24 pm

the applicant must fill out an application... we've never done an adoption to the states... but i'm sure we could pull it off!! After the application is filled out we hold it for 24 hours to make sure everyone can look over it.... then it is up to the adopter to find a way to get the dog to them... if they want to fly it they have to pay for it.. and the weather right now SUCKS so I dont know if they would even fly him right now....

I'm in Dawson Creek, BC.... Its the northern part of BC, near Alaska...
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby pocketpit » February 11th, 2008, 2:07 pm

Please let me know if they get a photo up on line. I tried to find one this morning but didn't have much success. I will pass on the information and see if they are interested. Thanks for your help!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 12th, 2008, 12:58 am

That is Herman, the handsome guy himself!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby KJS » February 12th, 2008, 5:17 pm

Halo & Holly:

8 week old American Bulldog X St. Bernard female pups

What a mixture...good grief some people just have no brains cells that are working do they :x
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby pocketpit » February 12th, 2008, 5:19 pm

Thanks for the photo!
pocketpit
Supremely Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 12th, 2008, 8:10 pm

Halo & Holly both got spayed today... about the breeding...the people that brought them to us phoned in early december saying they had a boxer cross dropped at their house and were wondering if anyone was missing one... then they phoned back on the 10th of dec. saying that she had puppies and they didnt know what to do... they kept them until they were 7 weeks old... and they are keeping the mom and getting her spayed!!!!Holly has an application on her!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby KJS » February 13th, 2008, 11:21 am

Well lets all pray that they are wrong about the Saint X part of it then...that can only ever lead to trouble further down the line

I am so glad that they are willing to have the momma spayed...and hope that all works out well for the App on Holly too
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 15th, 2008, 10:54 am

So Halo ended up getting adopted by a nice french couple... but Holly's people fell through (the boyfriend said no... I'd say dump the boyfriend get the dog!!)

anyways here's a picture of the sweetie pie that IF i owned a house...again I would love to take home!!

Princess Holly

PS I know not the best picture... I should have more pix of everyone else today!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 18th, 2008, 10:44 am

We just got a HUGE amount of new dogs in....

we have
Taz - 5 year old Cocker Spaniel X Springer Spaniel mix, black, male, very sweet but timid
Buddy- 1 year 3 month old Cocker Spaniel X Springer Spaniel mix, buff, male, very sweet and LOVES to cuddle
Piper- 2 yr old Catahoula mix, very sweet, needs some obedience work
Heinekien- 1 1/2 year old Rotti X Lab, very sweet, a little timid, no leash manners, mouthy when he plays....but he seems smart LOL
6- Catahoula mix babies (piper's pups) that are 9 weeks old, 2 fluffly blue merle ones (they look aussie shep LOL), 2 twin black short hair ones, 1 medium hair black one, and a brown one
9- Great Pyrenees, Newfie, Lab (and apparently wolf :hammer: even though both parents have no wolf in them... the people decided the pups do LOL)....4 girls (2 black, 2 brown with blue) and 5 boys (all black) 6 weeks old
Cloud- Great Pyrenees X Lab, 5 years, mom to pups, extremely pretty blue and brown colour, not good with livestock, and unknown with other dogs (she's displayed some aggression but its believed to be because of the pups... she's lived peacefully with other dogs prior to pups)
Reco- 10 month old Aussie Shepherd type, really sweet, good with cats, needs work on obedience

and thats it! We got ALL Those dogs in a course of 2 days :) Dont you just LOVE the public....
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby mistee06 » February 20th, 2008, 12:34 am

:( We had to euthanize Herman, the Rotti, today... He tried to attack one of the vet techs while she was doing his pre-neuter exam (apparently he liked his nuts and didnt want to give them up... sorry for the black humour if anyone is offended)...

RIP Hermie...the wussy Rotti :(
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue