Please help Elsie get out of PACCA

Postby Moe » February 6th, 2008, 8:12 pm

I volunteer at PACCA, and went down to help out taking pictures for petfinder...Elsie (who I named) is such a sweet girl, and believe me, I was about to take her home myself...Someone did a horrible job on this poor girl, she is so timid, but once she warms up, she just wants to cuddle! She seems to like other dogs as she wags when she meets them...She is very thin and weak and is in serious need of tons of TLC and someone to work with her on coming out of her shell...I am assuming she was abused because the whole time we had her out, her tail was almost glued to her belly and she kept ducking away thinking we where going to hit her :cry: But it only took a bit of time and she had warmed up, I left her in the run with the girl who took her out while I went to take pictures of a new arrival, and she went right to where I was at and started crying..then after that we were taking her back in and I stopped to talk to someone who asked a question about a dog they had, I knelt down to look at the other dog and Elsie stood on my knees and put the top of her head right under my chin and kept it there, I was loving on her the whole time, kissing her while trying to talk to this other person, kinda hard to talk while you have a mouth full of pit bull head :mrgreen: ..I fell inlove with her and balled when I left her there...many times I fought turning around to go back and get her outta there... :cry: This is Elsie
[img][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/MoniqueF/elsie/elsiehead.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/MoniqueF/elsie/elsiebody.jpg[/img][/img]
[img][img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a170/MoniqueF/elsie/elsie3.jpg[/img][/img]
You laugh because I'm different...........
I laugh cause I just farted!
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2008, 8:18 pm

Any idea of her age or whether she's spayed? Poor girl must have had an owner at one time, with those ears being cropped. :sad:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Moe » February 6th, 2008, 8:23 pm

Her guesstimate age is between 1 to 2 yrs old, she is not spayed yet, they don't spay or nueture until they get a foster or adopted...Oh and those ears :x they really botched her ears up, must have been a home job :x I am not a fan of ear-cropping...nope not one bit, it is common here and most likely everywhere else for people to do it in their home :x
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby Marinepits » February 6th, 2008, 8:42 pm

Ugh, that makes my skin crawl! :evil:

How long does she have?
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Moe » February 6th, 2008, 8:55 pm

Well it all depends...they all are really urgent...she is a new arrival, but she is so scared because of all the dogs...she is scared of everything :cry: She sole my heart and just ran with it...These dogs get so stressed, I don't want her to get too stressed out where she becomes unadoptable and PTS...I am just putting the word out, as because of her "looks" she will not get adopted by the right person, and the only people who will be interested will be interested for all the wrong reasons...I want to see her (like all the dogs and the rest of us who do this for all the dogs) get into a good home...PACCA is animal control, and honestly they just want to get the dogs out, so the only dogs that have a chance in going to a good home are foster dogs, because everyone who fosters does a home check and stuff like that...the dogs in the kennel get adopted to who ever....I don't want to down PACCA because the volunteers truly do their best to get these dogs into homes, but if you cant read what a person is about, heck they can say they are saints and all that crapola, and take these dogs for all the wrong reasons...although alot of "these" types are discouraged because the dogs are fixed...
Moe
The Dog Whisperererer

Postby Scout » February 6th, 2008, 8:59 pm

oh that poor girl! She looks like a total sweet heart...and so timid! Are the rescues too full? I really hope she finds a foster...she needs some TLC and some loving hands. Looks like she had a hard life.

Good luck sweet Elsie!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenny » February 7th, 2008, 1:52 am

I hope she gets a foster soon, she is a sweet looking girl.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue