SOMETHING GOOD HAPPENED!!!! and none too soon

Postby Jenny » February 5th, 2008, 12:09 am

after the Mango saga.. this came at a reallllly good time!!@!!!!

I had a courtesy post on the Petfinder for re homing Roxy the young American Bulldog for about six months now.. local dog. She is maturing and she was fighting with the Adult female Pit Bull in the home. I am so glad we did not just take her and gave the owner info on crate and rotate and hold on to her until we found a home.. he was reluctant at first and thought the dogs would be unhappy with the arrangement.. but he did it..

We had a inquiry about her the other day and before I started screening them I asked Roxy's owner how she was and how it was going.. had been after Thanksgiving since we had talked..I wanted to make sure he still had her..

He wrote me back:

Hey Jenny,

Roxy is still here but we have decided that she is hear to stay. She actually has a torn ACL at the moment and requires surgery very soon, followed by 3 months of forced inactivity. I don't think I can let her go regardless, but I just can't be 100% positive that if I give her away that someone else is going to take as good care of her as we do. The two dogs are still separated but they now have a routine for time sharing and I think there are content and happy. It is a burden on us but one that I think is worth it.

Thank you for your efforts on my behalf .....snip

I may just make it another day after all...
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby madremissy » February 5th, 2008, 12:25 am

Great news
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby msvette2u » February 5th, 2008, 12:54 am

That is terrific!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby airwalk » February 5th, 2008, 1:10 am

Those are the stories that let you do it one more day, and we keep our fingers crossed there's a story like it tomorrow as well.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Jenn » February 5th, 2008, 1:11 am

Poor Roxy, hope her surgery and recovery go great, and without incident. However, glad you got some good news to make you feel like you'll make it another day! ;)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Scout » February 5th, 2008, 1:22 am

That is fantastic news! :cheer: Yay for Roxy!! :D I hope she recovers well from her ACL injury. She has a wonderful family that will take good care of her...well done!
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenny » February 5th, 2008, 1:33 am

Gods how timely could it be, I am at the end of my string...You know I thanked the universe for this one!

I'm getting to be a crabby, cynical old lady... I literally told that guy six months ago.. sent him all the pbrc links etc..

"why do you think it would be easier for me to crate and rotate her when you only have two dogs and I have ten, can you try to keep her separated until we find something? she will be much happier at home with you"

knock me over with a feather he actually did it ...

I was happy to hear he is fixing her recent injury too.. I knew he loved that dog! I told him to follow the rehab instructions they give him to the letter.. do not let her do too much too soon...even if she seems okay.. its so important.

we just brought our genetic wonder Bulldog Angel home yesterday from the same surgery, she is doing pretty well except for the potty issue .. she withholds ..... I don't know how that girl can hold it so long. She was at Cornell for two days and did not go to the bathroom.
:|
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » February 5th, 2008, 7:03 am

Good news! :bananaDance:

I also like that he is willing to keep her with the impending surgery. Sometimes things like that turn people off, and they want the "perfect" dog.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Marinepits » February 5th, 2008, 8:24 am

Now, THAT is awesome news, Jenny! :rock:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenny » February 9th, 2008, 11:59 am

It made my whole month! I am so thankful for someone like him, it really keeps me going.
Now I only have about five more problems to deal with ...
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue