The Forum Rant Thread!!! Come one, come all!

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby cheekymunkee » February 4th, 2008, 6:22 pm

On February 04 2008, 2:44 AM, KJS wrote:
Both of us way to set in our ways, and of course both of us is always right

I don't think that can be true :? ...because Cheekymunkee told me she is always right

I just let them *think they are right K. :wink:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Asta » February 4th, 2008, 6:32 pm

On February 03 2008, hugapitbull wrote:
Another wee rant...The day Steph came home his laptop seems to have overheated and blown the backlights on the screen, gah...So now we have to send it to Sony Vaios repair place (on Ireland out of all places :crazy: ) which means that we will have to share laptops for 2 weeks. And i don´t share so well :rolleyes2:

Ã…sa

First of all, sorry about the fall and glad to hear you're ok. Losing the favorite cup sucks, but at least you are physically well.

And for sharing laptops. I totally understand. DH and I each have one because we learned long ago we couldn't share one. Both of us way to set in our ways, and of course both of us is always right :|

Yeah...so far we are sharing nicely though...But next week he has a week off and i should be less busy as well...Sony picks up his Sony Vaio tomorrow and their guesstimate as to where the cost will end up was around £500. Ack.

And to continue to rant, another painter has turned out to be a looser, like really really :x
So i went to B&Q today to get some masking tejp, more paint, rollers, paintbrushes, rulers (for straight lines) and a whack of other stuff. So tomorrow i will be tejping and painting.
He managed to mess up our feature wall to which we chose a metallic paint which is very unforgiving to paint with. And around the edges it just looks awful!!!!! So i will paint a little frame tomorrow to hide his crap.
I just can´t muster the thought of having another one plod around in here so close to giving birth.

2 of the loosers lines:

"I have been a professional painter for 35 years, i do NOT need to use maskingteip"

&

"When you put the curtains back up the flaws will show less"

I rest my case >(

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby airwalk » February 4th, 2008, 7:19 pm

I absolutely hate companies that plow ahead and never think of the consequences. My husbands company apparently filed Chapter 11 bankrupcy (we heard it on the news today - yay for telling your staff first) and it sounds as if we have 30 days or less before they lock the daggone doors.

This is such incredibly bad timing for us it's just unbelievable.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Asta » February 5th, 2008, 9:55 am

On February 04 2008, airwalk wrote:I absolutely hate companies that plow ahead and never think of the consequences. My husbands company apparently filed Chapter 11 bankrupcy (we heard it on the news today - yay for telling your staff first) and it sounds as if we have 30 days or less before they lock the daggone doors.

This is such incredibly bad timing for us it's just unbelievable.

I am terribly sorry to hear that, i would be in a state of schock having to hear it from the news :shock: Is it even legal to do it that way???? And 30 days are nothing! I will keep you guys in my thoughts and send good energy your way :)

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Jenn » February 5th, 2008, 10:04 am

Chapter 11 or 7? Chapter 11 is reorganization, and doesn't always mean they are going to shut down the doors. Hopefully, that is the case for you and your husband!! Years ago, the company I worked for filed chap. 11 and the employees were pretty much the last to know then as well. Hopefully they are just going to be doing some changes, restructuring, etc. and your husband's job will still be safe. :hug3:
Jenn
undecided

Postby cheekymunkee » February 5th, 2008, 4:04 pm

Oh no! I hope that his job will be safe. My company tells us nothing as well. It's frustrating

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby airwalk » February 5th, 2008, 6:38 pm

From what we are seeing, they filed Chapter 11 to buys a couple of weeks - vendors have shut them off and unless big $$ show up in the next 10 days, they are Chapter 7 and out.

I'm figure 60 days at the very best, more probably 30

And yes Asta, it's legal to do it that way, just not very..well..nice!

So we are dusting off the resume and cripes...I kid him because he really is in the last discriminated against class of people....middle-aged, white, male..he doesn't meet anyone's affirmative action goals.

This totally sucks!
airwalk
I live here

Postby Marinepits » February 5th, 2008, 7:05 pm

Geeze, Diana! I am SO sorry! That just sucks! :x
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Asta » February 6th, 2008, 2:09 am

On February 05 2008, airwalk wrote:From what we are seeing, they filed Chapter 11 to buys a couple of weeks - vendors have shut them off and unless big $$ show up in the next 10 days, they are Chapter 7 and out.

I'm figure 60 days at the very best, more probably 30

And yes Asta, it's legal to do it that way, just not very..well..nice!

So we are dusting off the resume and cripes...I kid him because he really is in the last discriminated against class of people....middle-aged, white, male..he doesn't meet anyone's affirmative action goals.

This totally sucks!

Wow, i really hope that it works out one way or another for you guys! Continuing to send good thoughts and vibes *super hug*

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby Asta » February 15th, 2008, 6:01 pm

Just a small rant away here, moslty for the sake of it.

So the boiler started to leak a week ago. But after a strategically placed container that was under control. It is now also fixed.

The unvented cylinder needed to be cleaned due to waterworks in the neighbourhood.

Our water pressure has gone down, this is the worst one ggrrrrr, since the city has changed the location where the water comes from. SO our pressure has gone from 3,6 bars to 3,0. Trust me, i can tell the difference and there is nothing that can be done about it either. Apparently the city only has to legally provide pressures over 1 bar :shock:

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby amazincc » February 17th, 2008, 9:47 am

My kitchen sink was clogged... so, ran out and bought a very expensive bottle of Drano, after trying all sorts of other stuff. Drano wouldn't work... but shortly before taking apart pipes and what-not I discovered a piece of clear plastic in the bottom of the drain... grrrrr! :oops: :lookaround:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Magnolia618 » February 17th, 2008, 1:29 pm

:spit:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » February 17th, 2008, 3:48 pm

My brother is a dumb bastard. He's angry with me because his truck broke down. I paid for the tow & I paid for the new battery since I am driving his truck so what is up his butt I have no clue. But, I am going to stab him

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby iluvk9 » February 17th, 2008, 4:04 pm

On February 17 2008, cheekymunkee wrote: But, I am going to stab him

Oooohhh!!!! I hope you make the newspaper so we can see what you look like!!!
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby PandaBear » February 18th, 2008, 5:15 pm

Speaking of stabbing someone, May I add someone to the list?!!

My best friend (well I guess now former best friend) is giving me the silent treatment. I had people over Friday night and my new bf came over. Everyone was leaving and she wanted to crash on my couch. I asked her if it was possible for her to go home too. She has a house, not like I was making her sleep on the street! So now she wont talk to me. I thought I was out of high school???
PandaBear
Confident Young Bully

Postby LMM » February 18th, 2008, 10:49 pm

Ok I am brand new here but I am jumping in with both feet.......

I am sick to effin' death of trying to help in rescue only to come up against opposition from other rescue people >( I am no stranger to raising dogs OR raising pit bulls, yet there are some people out there who continue to doubt and question me. They are treating me as if I don't have a clue and it's PISSING ME OFF. And the kicker for me is they don't even know me, they are going by their own past bad experiences.

I can understand the need to be cautious, I really can, but don't be blatantly disrespectful to me while I "prove myself" or whatever the ef is going on :rolleyes2:

I really never came up against such bs just trying to help animals. Ugh.

I feel marginally better I guess :neutral:
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby katiek0417 » February 18th, 2008, 10:54 pm

I went to a seminar today where we learned how to redesign our courses for the 21st century using individual learning styles...

Well, there were these 2 (stuck up) psych professors (from another university) sitting at the same table.

We were brainstorming about how to get students involved and participating, and I said that I use myspace and facebook and allow my students to message/contact me on there b/c the students are on there anyway...if I make myself more accessible (and human) then they might be more likely to participate in class, etc...and I have found this to be true...

Well, these 2 older profs said "you need to stop acting like a teenager." My response, " Acting like a teenager has gotten me some of the highest professor ratings at Bowie State University."

sheesh...
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby Jenn » February 18th, 2008, 10:55 pm

Ugh...... People suck don't worry about 'them' move on and help someone else, someone that appreciates your help, and is about the dogs. :)
I'm sure there is BOUND to be another group, somewhere close to you??

So now she wont talk to me. I thought I was out of high school???

She just probably has her feelings hurt, and is bothered that you chose him over her, and I'm assuming (which eeks we know what happens when one assumes LOL) she is single? She'll be over it in a day, week or so, and then ya'll can speak rationally about it, and move on.
Jenn
undecided

Postby LMM » February 18th, 2008, 11:06 pm

A group doesn't even have to be close to me. I won't limit myself to my area when helping animals. The good thing is I have been able to help 2 pitties very recently by helping "other" people :mrgreen: I feel good!

The problem is in my love for the animals I keep shooting myself in the foot by offering help to certain folks *sigh*

I'll learn one day I guess :|
LMM
I'll Kick Your Ass

Postby Jenn » February 18th, 2008, 11:15 pm

Well Jenn, I hope you learn on your own, and not in a really hard way. :hug3:
Jenn
undecided

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic