We have come a long way baby!

Postby madremissy » February 2nd, 2008, 1:12 am

So today, was the first official day of baby shopping.

Background info. Let's just say normal, typical life. Not unlike others. Single divorced mom with 3 year old son, meets great guy, gets married, everybody is happy. Son turns 15 and all hell breaks loose. Let's just say 15-18 wasn't not the most pleasant and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. At the age of 18, the light bulb comes on, figures what he was doing wasn't working in any part of his life. He gets to the fork in the road and chooses a different direction. Since then things have been looking up.

Today, I have a healthy young man with a good job, with a beautiful wife and a baby on the way. They live in a little studio apartment which just happens to be above my garage.

I had to go to town and run some errands. Friday is Josh's day off and Bristol doesn't have classes on Friday. So I invited Bristol to go to Babies R Us to pick out the play yard, which is the present my mom is getting them and Josh tells me that they would meet me in town and we would all go. Yea haw. He was wonderful and so grown up. I got so emotional and old feeling all at one time. He took us out to lunch (which wasn't in the form of fast food) before we went. He knew that Bristol was ready to register so off we went. We were in that store for 2 hours and he didn't complain once. He was supportive, loving and very concerned about what she was looking at. He looked at all the play yards, strollers, car seats etc. and he checked them all out . Made sure of the sturdiness and practicality. They are going to use the play yard upstairs due to room and I am turning my guest bedroom into half a nursery. The crib is a gift from a friend of ours who had twins and is now ready to get them into bigger beds. So we have an extra when they are prepared to move out.

Why does this excite me so much?? I guess when I was pregnant with Josh his dad could care less and showed no support. So I felt that I had done something right. I tried to teach Josh everything his dad was not in a secretive kind of way.

We came home and of course Bristol wanted it set up so he took the time and set it up for her downstairs in the guest bedroom. It is so pretty. I will post a picture tomorrow. I am still looking for bedding for the crib.

I just wanted to share my day and how good it was. Something so simple can make me so happy.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 2nd, 2008, 9:40 am

That's great, Missy! Sounds like you raised a great young man. :)
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » February 2nd, 2008, 10:09 am

Kudos to you for raising a fine son!

I can't wait until WE all have this baby! How about you start a game on the exact date and weight? Give us an idea on the due date, so we can be in the ball park our guesses.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby katiek0417 » February 2nd, 2008, 10:37 am

Missy, you have obviously raised a wonderful and caring son. Kudos to you for being such a good mom!!!
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby airwalk » February 2nd, 2008, 11:05 am

Congratulations Missy and I TOTALLY understand the 15-18 black box of boyhood.

It is a very good feeling when they grow up and start acting like the young man you always knew you were raising, isn't it?
airwalk
I live here

Postby madremissy » February 2nd, 2008, 11:24 am

Thanks to all of you. I know he is still young and has a life time in front of him but I am so grateful that he chose to take a different road.

I will go on to the game section and start a guessing game.

Thanks everybody for the support. I just kinda had a weird day yesterday and needed to tell somebody.
madremissy

Postby msvette2u » February 2nd, 2008, 6:01 pm

That's just awesome - you done good, Mom!!!
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby Asta » February 3rd, 2008, 7:53 am

Awww what a lovely story Missy! Of course it is a day to get very emotional on :) Your baby is all grown up and ready to have a baby of his own, big stuff :heartbeat: And he does sound very mature and caring, congratulations on a job well done!

Looking forward to the pic´s!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby cheekymunkee » February 3rd, 2008, 2:06 pm

Your pride in him just screams from your post! :mrgreen: And I LOVE your daughter in law's name!! We are all very proud of him too & can't WAIT to see pics of baby!!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » February 3rd, 2008, 4:13 pm

Thanks everyone so much for the encouraging words. I am so proud of him and all my children (the other 14). All my children call me Mama and each has had their own difficulties with one thing or another but my main concern was for my Josh.
Below is a picture of the playyard we got Friday. I know it is blurry but my camera is messing up right now. I had to take it with my cell. The others are just of the Kids and Me.

This is the playyard Brit picked out. This will go upstairs in their studio apartment. I am still waiting to go pick up the crib which will go in this room. Yes the room is blue and we are having a girl but I have always dreamed of a blue and white room. The other furniture is white and wicker and I have alot of the blue and white dishes and cut glass my Mom gave me. The crib is white so it will tie in nicely, I just have to fine a bedding set to go in the crib that has pink and blue. :mrgreen:

This is the happy (most of the time) couple.The little baby in the belly finally has a name..
Lorin Mckinlee Follett

Here is me and my Joshie. Sorry about no makeup but he wanted to take a picture while I was (trying to cook) :giggle:

I had to add this in for good measure. These are my boys. Josh on the left is by blood and Glen (My Marine) is by choice. Best friends since 2nd grade.

madremissy

Postby cheekymunkee » February 3rd, 2008, 4:24 pm

You have such a beautiful family & I LOVE the name they chose!
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby madremissy » February 3rd, 2008, 4:28 pm

Thank you soooo much.
Lorin is Bristol's first name. Mckinlee spelled a different way just happened to be the road we lived on for 15 years. Weird hugh, I am still hoping they would put Emory in there somewhere but :|
madremissy

Postby pitbullmamaliz » February 3rd, 2008, 5:05 pm

I love that name too! And I think blue and white is perfectly acceptable for a little girl's room - the wicker will look fabulous against that color blue!
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby iluvk9 » February 3rd, 2008, 7:19 pm

The crib is stunning!! Wow, styles have changed since THEY were babies!

And why are you trying to cook??? Aren't your skills a notch above mine? :shocker:
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » February 3rd, 2008, 8:11 pm

On February 03 2008, 6:19 PM, iluvk9 wrote:The crib is stunning!! Wow, styles have changed since THEY were babies!

And why are you trying to cook??? Aren't your skills a notch above mine? :shocker:

Didn't you see the word TRYING. I hate to cook maybe that is why I suck at it. :rolleyes2: Travis brought home quail today. What the hell do I do with that :|
madremissy

Postby iluvk9 » February 3rd, 2008, 9:26 pm

Quail? I would buy a nice cage and prop him up in it.:|
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby madremissy » February 3rd, 2008, 9:47 pm

On February 03 2008, 8:26 PM, iluvk9 wrote:Quail? I would buy a nice cage and prop him up in it.:|

Hey around here we have to take what we can get. Can I interest you in some wild hog. That is in the freezer???? :shock:

I know,. I know but he hunts on the Wildlife Management land. We have such a large population of animals it has to be controlled or else they would starve to death. (Unless they come to my house I have deer feeders everywhere.) Love to watch them. They do give to needy families who need food. Too bad we can spay and neuter deer and hogs.
Probably not a good subject hugh? :| Sorry it is how I live.
madremissy

Postby Asta » February 6th, 2008, 2:47 am

That looks like an awesome playyard!!! And who cares about the blue/pink thing anyways :| I am really looking forward to seeing the room when it is all finished!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby madremissy » February 6th, 2008, 12:17 pm

On February 06 2008, 1:47 AM, Asta wrote:That looks like an awesome playyard!!! And who cares about the blue/pink thing anyways :| I am really looking forward to seeing the room when it is all finished!

Ã…sa

This is the playyard that is going up in the apartment. I get a white crib to go in this room. I will take lots of pictures. It will have alot of pink blankets and the bedding has blue and pink it. I can't wait.
madremissy

Postby Jenny » February 12th, 2008, 1:28 pm

congratulations on the new baby coming and way to go mom! sounds like you have a wonderful son.
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Two Legged Family Members