The Rescue Call from Hades need foster(s) for mom tinybabies

Postby Jenny » January 26th, 2008, 11:19 pm

O-M-G where is my rock and can I get back under it now???? :shock:
My friend with the poodle rescue got the call first...I had to chuckle at that..

Heres what we have goin.

Lady in Syracuse is in foreclosure... has to be out of the house by the 31st of Jan. This Thursday! good lord lets wait till the last minute.

She has:

1 yr old male blue
2 yr old female red nose
FIVE 2 week old puppies from mama red nose and daddy blue
PLUS
6 month old red nose from mama red nose' previous litter.

Lady says they are all very sweet and okay with other dogs..(well we cannot expect that of mama right now..but she says before the puppies came she was good with other dogs.)

Lady says she has tried SPCA and all over.. they are all full of pits of course... at least she isn't just handing them off to just anyone...

I could just cry. no way in heck I can take the mom and puppies she would stress right out here.

anyone have room for one??

any ideas on who can help mama whelp some pups?
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 27th, 2008, 1:54 am

On January 26 2008, 10:19 PM, Jenny wrote:O-M-G where is my rock and can I get back under it now???? :shock:
My friend with the poodle rescue got the call first...I had to chuckle at that..

Heres what we have goin.

Lady in Syracuse is in foreclosure... has to be out of the house by the 31st of Jan. This Thursday! good lord lets wait till the last minute.

She has:

1 yr old male blue
2 yr old female red nose
FIVE 2 week old puppies from mama red nose and daddy blue
PLUS
6 month old red nose from mama red nose' previous litter.

Lady says they are all very sweet and okay with other dogs..(well we cannot expect that of mama right now..but she says before the puppies came she was good with other dogs.)

Lady says she has tried SPCA and all over.. they are all full of pits of course... at least she isn't just handing them off to just anyone...

I could just cry. no way in heck I can take the mom and puppies she would stress right out here.

anyone have room for one??

any ideas on who can help mama whelp some pups?

Is she looking to find a rescue to TAKE them or does she want them back?

http://www.outofthepits.org
may take them.... i'm not sure what the scoop is right now.... with space.
I'll PM you with more contact info....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Jenny » January 27th, 2008, 1:43 pm

No , she does not want them back.. she says she doesn't even have a place to go...

shes probably getting evicted and does not own the house... if she is in foreclosure or evicted she still had a couple months to deal with the dogs...
now its the end of the time and she is finally asking for help? bah!
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Jenny » January 31st, 2008, 3:40 pm

found a foster for mom and puppies...Nadia @ Tompkins SPCA called and said they will help with the blue boy... that just leaves the 6 months old...red nose who is a male not female as I was told earlier..

PHEW

The lady was renting the home that is foreclosed on... she did find another house for her and her kids but no pets..
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Marinepits » January 31st, 2008, 3:51 pm

:clap: Good news and good luck for the last pup!
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenny » February 1st, 2008, 7:27 pm

Mom and pups got to Jens last night.. they were not in good shape and one of the boy pups died yesterday the lady said.. the little female was still hanging in. Momma is a mess with missing hair and swollen inner ears etc..
poor nutrition all over her...She is much better today and loving the extra good food and formula and pups are active and doing well this afternoon..had a nice bath.. momma even accepts a rain coat to go out in the yard lol. Jen says mama is a cute little penut.. Jen the foster ended up with the 1 yr old blue male since the lady was running about 3 hours late she "just dropped him off with the mom and pups" .. oy vey
:shock:
Jen said he is a big muscle butt and doing okay.. he is very happy to let her be the boss but very hot for the other dogs so he is crated and rotated..she said he is calm in a covered crate .. she'll get him over to Tompkins on Monday. I hope he is able to chill out and be a good a boy..
The 6 month old went to the SPCA in Syracuse..
I'm glad all the dogs got a place to go for the moment..
I was really happy that I heard back from other organizations I had contacted for help and there was good communication and all..I don't feel so much like "the crazy pit bull lady" in my area today.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 1st, 2008, 7:33 pm

Good job, thanks for the update.... sorry to hear about the pup passing.... but i'm sure the others will do ok now that they are getting the extra special care :)

Did out of the pits get bakc to you?

On February 01 2008, 6:27 PM, Jenny wrote:Mom and pups got to Jens last night.. they were not in good shape and one of the boy pups died yesterday the lady said.. the little female was still hanging in. Momma is a mess with missing hair and swollen inner ears etc..
poor nutrition all over her...She is much better today and loving the extra good food and formula and pups are active and doing well this afternoon..had a nice bath.. momma even accepts a rain coat to go out in the yard lol. Jen says mama is a cute little penut.. Jen the foster ended up with the 1 yr old blue male since the lady was running about 3 hours late she "just dropped him off with the mom and pups" .. oy vey
:shock:
Jen said he is a big muscle butt and doing okay.. he is very happy to let her be the boss but very hot for the other dogs so he is crated and rotated..she said he is calm in a covered crate .. she'll get him over to Tompkins on Monday. I hope he is able to chill out and be a good a boy..
The 6 month old went to the SPCA in Syracuse..
I'm glad all the dogs got a place to go for the moment..
I was really happy that I heard back from other organizations I had contacted for help and there was good communication and all..I don't feel so much like "the crazy pit bull lady" in my area today.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 1:32 am

yes, I had a great talk with Sydney today. I'm happy to connect with her. She told me some about their program and how it works.. good solid stuff I thought ..
puppies get a real good start with them I think. Lucky dogs in the program.

I heard back from AFF too, Kate sent me a ton of places to contact, very nice email .. she also facilitated the SPCA taking the blue boy, that was a huge help.

worked out super cool.. could not have happened at a better time!

We finally adopted our perfect senior pitty Little Misty to a home in December. She was here 18 months! The couple lives about a hour from Sydney's area and had visited Out of the Pits adoption and fund raising events and raved about them..
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 2nd, 2008, 1:55 am

On February 02 2008, 12:32 AM, Jenny wrote:yes, I had a great talk with Sydney today. I'm happy to connect with her. She told me some about their program and how it works.. good solid stuff I thought ..
puppies get a real good start with them I think. Lucky dogs in the program.

I heard back from AFF too, Kate sent me a ton of places to contact, very nice email .. she also facilitated the SPCA taking the blue boy, that was a huge help.

worked out super cool.. could not have happened at a better time!

We finally adopted our perfect senior pitty Little Misty to a home in December. She was here 18 months! The couple lives about a hour from Sydney's area and had visited Out of the Pits adoption and fund raising events and raved about them..

Awesome :)

My only complaint regarding out of the pits... was the way they handled the adoption, and took the foster pup from me after 9 mths, without allowing me to meet the new people, or say g'bye.
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 2:07 am

Thats hard :cry: I know its hard to not worry and want to know about the people..I would really have to trust the folks I worked with in that situation..

I coordinated a transport once for a Cane Corso pup shelter to foster .. when the Org's new person in charge adopted the pup out several months later the foster mom was flipping out because the Org did not want her to do the home visit, drive the dog to the next state over to the new home.. etc..she was very attached to the dog and just sick with worry. She was seriously considering hiding the dog. It was a horrible ugly mess and the foster finally got her way and got to deliver the dog to the new home..and it ended well.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 2nd, 2008, 4:18 am

On February 02 2008, 1:07 AM, Jenny wrote:Thats hard :cry: I know its hard to not worry and want to know about the people..I would really have to trust the folks I worked with in that situation..

I coordinated a transport once for a Cane Corso pup shelter to foster .. when the Org's new person in charge adopted the pup out several months later the foster mom was flipping out because the Org did not want her to do the home visit, drive the dog to the next state over to the new home.. etc..she was very attached to the dog and just sick with worry. She was seriously considering hiding the dog. It was a horrible ugly mess and the foster finally got her way and got to deliver the dog to the new home..and it ended well.

yeah well in my situation, i found the pup at the shelter, took her on as a foster thru the local shelter... the shelter was having major problems and not keeping a vet on staff more than a month at a time, and 3 or 4 months in a row the tx for demodex mange changed drastically...

then the new vet decided that the dog had skin allergies, and therefore was "unadoptable" and wanted to put the pup to sleep...
I said no, took the dog put her in my van, refused to open it and let her out, and took her home, then went and found out of the pits.... to help me with this...
they had a woman who became phoenix's angel... paying for her treatments, and her spay, and sending her care packages.....

Cyd had told me that i'd have the opportunity to pick her forever family, and do their home visit, and deliever her if i wanted to.

I did want to... i was attached, but on the other hand totally ok with letting her go.... we were in a crate and rotate situation here... and that was more than i'd bargained for....

But... cyd was not the adoption coordinator, and suddenly they told me that they had someone interested, i said ok when and where...

they told me to bring her to cyd... and cyd would bring her to meet the people..... that the pup might not behave well with new people... if i was there...

i didn't agree, but did bring her to cyd's cyd wanted to also see how she would do with some other dogs, ie not mine so cyd had her for a few days, then brought her to meet this family, and then was supposed to call me and have me go meet the family and all that...

well instead i got a call about 11pm.... saying that she was now in her forever home in ct.

I was not even given contact info to be able to fwd her coat, and toys vaccination records....
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Jenny » February 2nd, 2008, 6:52 pm

wow Heather what a bummer for you. I'm sorry that happened to you.
I can understand why organizations have policies like that.
Miscommunication is terrible thing.
I'm not real keen on passing information either, especially from owner surrenders.. we never do.. they sign over the dog and they do not get to know where the dog goes.
courtesy post dogs we do a little different and the owner is involved of course but we do screen first before connecting the two.
With fosters I let the foster make the ultimate decision on the home but I do screen the new home too and give my input.. (because like my b/f says... SHE JUST WANTS TO BE THE BOSS!)
I suppose if I was really against one I would pull the plug but hasn't happened yet.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » February 2nd, 2008, 10:31 pm

On February 02 2008, 5:52 PM, Jenny wrote:wow Heather what a bummer for you. I'm sorry that happened to you.
I can understand why organizations have policies like that.
Miscommunication is terrible thing.
I'm not real keen on passing information either, especially from owner surrenders.. we never do.. they sign over the dog and they do not get to know where the dog goes.
courtesy post dogs we do a little different and the owner is involved of course but we do screen first before connecting the two.
With fosters I let the foster make the ultimate decision on the home but I do screen the new home too and give my input.. (because like my b/f says... SHE JUST WANTS TO BE THE BOSS!)
I suppose if I was really against one I would pull the plug but hasn't happened yet.

yes i agree with owner surrender's not getting info....

however, in this case she was not an owner surrender... i was very upset, mainly because there was no closure.

I wanted them to screen the home.... to tell me yes this was an approved pitty home, and then for me to be able to screen to say, yes these people can handle this wild child phoenix, or .... i'm really worried about the 72 cats they own (not that they did, but that would have been a concern lol)

I was not apt to mess with them once they took her, unless they needed help, and asked for it.

When i volunteered at the shelter, we had tons of contact with the permanent homes.... i still am in touch with a few of them.... and its been 3 - 4 yrs.

anyway i'm not anti the org... obviously, since i recommended them here.... just was frustrated by the process...
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Jenny » February 4th, 2008, 4:12 pm

yep I do not blame you.. I would have been frustrated too.
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue