Boston Terrier?

Postby Malli » January 31st, 2008, 9:45 pm

Frenchies are much more Bulldog-like, and tend to have a little bit of that attitude as well, they are also generally probably about 10 lbs smaller then most Frenchies.

I wish I could have that puppy, I LOVE Frenchies!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 10:44 pm

On January 31 2008, 8:45 PM, Malli wrote:Frenchies are much more Bulldog-like, and tend to have a little bit of that attitude as well, they are also generally probably about 10 lbs smaller then most Frenchies.

I wish I could have that puppy, I LOVE Frenchies!

I know what my brain was thinking....

I was thinking of a boston bull dog... and a frenchie...

they are very similar right???
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Malli » January 31st, 2008, 11:24 pm

I'm not sure what a Boston Bulldog is? Pic?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » February 1st, 2008, 12:30 am

Jenn
undecided

Postby Malli » February 1st, 2008, 12:37 am

weird, its like a Boston Terrier but not. Its odd because on that page, the mostly brindle with white bat eared dog looks like Frenchie, the rest look much more Bostony...

The Frenchie was created as a companion animal, the Boston Terrier and the Boston Bulldog's origins were in Pit Fighting, it appears. So, sort of similar.

However, I'm much more partial to Frenchies then Bostons, myself; so there is some kind of difference, I just can't nail it down.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Jenn » February 1st, 2008, 12:39 am

I'm truly shocked at all the different bulldog breeds, never knew... That site is full of ones I've never seen much less heard of. :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby gayrghts » February 1st, 2008, 12:43 am

On January 31 2008, 11:37 PM, Malli wrote:weird, its like a Boston Terrier but not. Its odd because on that page, the mostly brindle with white bat eared dog looks like Frenchie, the rest look much more Bostony...

The Frenchie was created as a companion animal, the Boston Terrier and the Boston Bulldog's origins were in Pit Fighting, it appears. So, sort of similar.

However, I'm much more partial to Frenchies then Bostons, myself; so there is some kind of difference, I just can't nail it down.

yes but i'm glad Jenn posted that site, because i was pretty sure that in my brain somewhere i knew there was a boston bull doggie, and a boston terrier and a frenchie

but when Malli asked, i was like ummm i must be totally wrong...

so i'm glad to see that i was somewhere on the planet, even though different breeds of dogs, maybe kissing cousin's etc.
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » February 1st, 2008, 3:20 am

I would much rather have a Frenchie...if I got a Boston what would I do if it was more intelligent than me :oops:

Good luck on your lead for a Boston Vanessa
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Previous

Return to Rescue