Edit button

Have a question/comment/concern about the board in general? Post it here

Postby Malli » January 31st, 2008, 11:43 pm

where did it go?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 11:44 pm

I took a long walk off a short pier and will return shortly....

I asked as well :)
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2008, 11:45 pm

Last time I saw it YOU had it
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 11:46 pm

On January 31 2008, 10:45 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:Last time I saw it YOU had it

Cheeky... i didn't want you to tell her that i'd eaten it....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby jmashaney » January 31st, 2008, 11:50 pm

Aw, crap. I NEED that thing. I am obsessive-compulsive about my spelling, grammar and punctuation. It will haunt me for days if I have a typo I can't fix.

btw You have NO idea how much restraint and maturity I have to depend on NOT to correct posts from mean people when they attack others. The grammar Nazi rears her ugly head.

I'm tempted to that with emails from crazy parents sometimes too.

I am a bad person. :oops:
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2008, 11:52 pm

And this is why we can't have nice things.
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby jmashaney » January 31st, 2008, 11:57 pm

On January 31 2008, 10:52 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:And this is why we can't have nice things.

AHAHAHAHA. I actually did laugh out loud. I woke Justus up and got a dirty look.

That was priceless...really.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby madremissy » January 31st, 2008, 11:57 pm

Is there an edit button I could have been pressing. I spell wrong all the time. Talk funny and have no sense of grammar. Tell me where an edit button is :oops:
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 11:57 pm

On January 31 2008, 10:50 PM, jmashaney wrote:Aw, crap. I NEED that thing. I am obsessive-compulsive about my spelling, grammar and punctuation. It will haunt me for days if I have a typo I can't fix.

btw You have NO idea how much restraint and maturity I have to depend on NOT to correct posts from mean people when they attack others. The grammar Nazi rears her ugly head.

You mean like this line? :oops:

One way i've found to get around that, is to use the X to delete... i just copyed the post first, then deleted, then opened a new one, pasted into it, and then corrected, and then hit submit.
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 11:58 pm

On January 31 2008, 10:57 PM, madremissy wrote:Is there an edit button I could have been pressing. I spell wrong all the time. Talk funny and have no sense of grammar. Tell me where an edit button is :oops:

it normally is up by keep new, and quote etc...
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby jmashaney » February 1st, 2008, 12:02 am

On January 31 2008, 10:57 PM, madremissy wrote:Is there an edit button I could have been pressing. I spell wrong all the time. Talk funny and have no sense of grammar. Tell me where an edit button is :oops:

But you're nice, so I never even notice!! And you do NOT talk funny. Y'all is a perfectly acceptable word with which to address a group of people!

(I don't want anyone to think I was picking on their grammar or anything. It only applies to people who write things like "black whole," instead of black hole, when referring to my friends.)
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby jmashaney » February 1st, 2008, 12:04 am

On January 31 2008, 10:57 PM, gayrghts wrote:
On January 31 2008, 10:50 PM, jmashaney wrote:Aw, crap. I NEED that thing. I am obsessive-compulsive about my spelling, grammar and punctuation. It will haunt me for days if I have a typo I can't fix.

One way i've found to get around that, is to use the X to delete... i just copyed the post first, then deleted, then opened a new one, pasted into it, and then corrected, and then hit submit.

YESSSSSSSS exactly like that. Without the edit button, that little skip of the keys will haunt me.

psssst..."copied." :choke: Don't hit me! Don't hit me! I was only kidding!!!
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby Malli » February 1st, 2008, 12:06 am

wow.... who knew this thread would take off?

Oh, and you're not the only one, who hates the "threw"/"through" issue? Bah.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Beth » February 1st, 2008, 12:09 am

I thought the mods were trying to slowly tell me something. Like by taking away one button at a time from me until I had nothing left and was forced to leave.
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby madremissy » February 1st, 2008, 12:09 am

Jeeeez, not only do I need one of yall to come help me with my dog, I guess I need another guest bedroom for a computer teacher. Give me a couple of days to figure this out. :|
madremissy

Postby jmashaney » February 1st, 2008, 12:11 am

On January 31 2008, 11:06 PM, Malli wrote:wow.... who knew this thread would take off?

Oh, and you're not the only one, who hates the "threw"/"through" issue? Bah.

Hehe. Normally, I am only hypercritical of my own posts. Really, it's a disease.

But when someone is being a butthead, it's all I can do to not break out the red pen.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby jmashaney » February 1st, 2008, 12:15 am

On January 31 2008, 11:09 PM, madremissy wrote:

Jeeeez, not only do I need one of yall to come help me with my dog, I guess I need another guest bedroom for a computer teacher. Give me a couple of days to figure this out. :|

Awwwww. :hug3: You're doing fine. When I first got here, Joyce PM'd me to politely ask if I knew how to "quote" because I didn't use the button once.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby madremissy » February 1st, 2008, 12:19 am

On January 31 2008, 11:02 PM, jmashaney wrote:

But you're nice, so I never even notice!! And you do NOT talk funny. Y'all is a perfectly acceptable word with which to address a group of people!

(I don't want anyone to think I was picking on their grammar or anything. It only applies to people who write things like "black whole," instead of black hole, when referring to my friends.)

None taken. I am really bad at it and I know it. So if everyone would just over look me. Yeah I can also take credit for the through and threw one to. :mrgreen: One more thing, I know I am supposed to put a ' in yall but I am too lazy. :P :giggle:
madremissy

Postby gayrghts » February 1st, 2008, 12:22 am

On January 31 2008, 11:04 PM, jmashaney wrote:

YESSSSSSSS exactly like that. Without the edit button, that little skip of the keys will haunt me.

psssst..."copied." :choke: Don't hit me! Don't hit me! I was only kidding!!!

lol its all in good fun.... i was hoping you didn't want to hit me for my pointing out your line that you'd oopsed on too....

i'am prooobly gunna spiel eviery ting wrung nowh 'n purpus :)
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby jmashaney » February 1st, 2008, 12:23 am

On January 31 2008, 11:09 PM, Beth wrote:I thought the mods were trying to slowly tell me something. Like by taking away one button at a time from me until I had nothing left and was forced to leave.

I laughed and snorted on that one.

Justus is wondering if I'm stealing his medication.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Questions / Problems