Boston Terrier?

Postby Vanessa » January 19th, 2008, 1:19 pm

We have been searching for a Boston Terrier to adopt for a while now with no luck. We live in PEI, Canada and we only have 1 shelter and there are no Bostons to be found. I have been doing PetFinder searches every day and the closest ones are all in the States. I would be willing to drive to pick up my new baby so I am wondering if anyone knows of any Boston's looking for a loving home in Atlantic Canada or the States if they could meet me halfway?

We would like a dog over 1 year, male or female, friendly with children and dogs and hopefully spayed or neutured. Any and all Bostons that are available would be great even if they are younger then a year. Thanks everyone!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby Jenn » January 20th, 2008, 12:44 pm

Good Luck, they are cute little guys. :)
Jenn
undecided

Postby Vanessa » January 21st, 2008, 10:04 am

Thanks! We are still searching!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby msvette2u » January 21st, 2008, 11:52 am

Are you watching petfinder??
Now and again there's BTs on there.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Postby cecollins » January 21st, 2008, 3:24 pm

Good luck in your search~
Sully's momma!

Miss you, Mick
cecollins
I Love Sully's Butt Curls

Postby Vanessa » January 21st, 2008, 4:20 pm

Yes I have been checking PetFinder daily. Many of the dogs in rescues are too far away for us to go to. We will drive a fair distance to pick up a dog but we can't go too far. Thanks for the good wishes everyone. Please contact me if you find any Boston's in rescues!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby mistee06 » January 23rd, 2008, 2:15 pm

I know what your going through.. I'm kind of looking for an adult female in rescue too...the only ones here in BC are ones that need only dog homes... I have actually started contacting breeders to see if they have any retired females that they are looking for homes for... I know its not rescue... but your giving an older dog a chance... have you thought about trying that?
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby Vanessa » January 23rd, 2008, 10:42 pm

Thanks for the advice. I have started doing that as well. I have found a reliable breeder that may have an adult looking for a retirement home. I am waiting to hear back. I am keeping my fingers crossed. So far every rescue I have contacted will not transport close enough but I am searching Pet Finder every day. Good luck in your search and let me know if anyone finds a Boston that needs a home!
R.I.P Ozzy my precious angel. You were loved every minute of every day.
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 24th, 2008, 1:20 am

Where in Canada are you?

I'm just thinking... if we found one in new england, and you're in Calgary, that would be a bit of a trip .....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Vanessa » January 24th, 2008, 3:08 pm

I live on Prince Edward Island which is in the Maritimes. It is the smallest province near Nova Scotia and New Bruinswick. New England states would be reasonable I think as long as someone could drive partway to meet us. Thanks for your help!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 25th, 2008, 12:56 am

Purebred or bt mix ok?

http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/dis ... d=10107528

don't panic about it being in Ohio currently....
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Vanessa » January 25th, 2008, 4:56 pm

It says "Listing Removed"? Is there another link? Thanks
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 25th, 2008, 8:10 pm

On January 25 2008, 3:56 PM, Vanessa wrote:It says "Listing Removed"? Is there another link? Thanks

no.... sniff sniff... that usually means they had to clear house...

but are mixes ok... or are you looking for a purebred
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Vanessa » January 25th, 2008, 8:14 pm

I am looking for a purebred. Fingers crossed...
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 28th, 2008, 6:44 pm

</B>Enzo

Paws and Claws New England

kimb01@cablelynx.com

French Bulldog
Size: Small
Sex: Male
ID:

Notes: Enzo is a four month old purebred French Bulldog puppy with special needs. He came into rescue at eight weeks of age.........breeder surrendered because of an eye injury that had been left unattended..... and now he had a very serious problem. This of course, made him un-marketable.....so he was not wanted by the breeder. Our vets stitched his eye shut in hopes the eye would start to recover........several weeks later and with medication applied four times a day, Enzo was able to keep his eye but has little if any vision out of it. Along with this problem, he contacted ring-worm and digestive problems. Both of these were treated and the ring-worm went away but not his intestinal problems. As a last resort it was decided he needed a conclusive diagnosis and that can only be made by microscopically examining an intestinal biopsy, which was done. His condition came back positive for HUC. That is a disease that strikes young (younger than a year) French Bulldogs and Boxers. It is characterized by infiltration of histiocytes ( a type of inflammatory cell) in the wall of the large intestine. The disease is similar to irritable bowel syndrome in humans. It can however, be controlled by a special diet and if necessary immunosuppressive medications and anti-inflammatory drugs prescribed by your veterinarian. We have had complete success with diet alone and have not had the need for Enzo to take additional medications. He is eating canned "id" food and Iam's puppy food.......nothing else.......no doggie treats (except for Iam's puppy biscuits) and absolutely no human food. We are going to slowly cut out the canned "id" food and just leave him on Iam's puppy food but it will be a slow process. Now onto the good things about this wonderful puppy. He is totally beautiful outside and inside. He is smart as a whip, very social and loves everyone he meets. He is in a foster home with several other dogs and really would like a young companion dog to play with. He also requires a fenced yard and hopefully someone that is home much of the time. Enzo goes to work each day with his foster momma (she works at a pet grooming salon) so he is exposed to people and other dogs daily. He runs to the door each morning just to make sure she does not leave him behind. He is kennel trained, however, his getting up time is 5:00AM each morning and trying to make him sleep later has not been successful as that is the time he needs to use the bathroom. He rides in a car (in a small kennel) and does not get car sick. Goes right in by himself and is quiet until you reach your destination. If you think you would like to adopt Enzo it is suggested that you contact your vet and get further information on his condition before making a commitment. Your veterinarian is free to contact our veterinarian if he/she so wishes. For further information on our adoption process, please contact Kim Bradshaw at kimb01@cablelynx.com
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby mistee06 » January 31st, 2008, 2:32 am

ohhh cheez whiz.... that poor puppy!! Where is he located!!!
mistee06
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 3:57 am

On January 31 2008, 1:32 AM, mistee06 wrote:ohhh cheez whiz.... that poor puppy!! Where is he located!!!

new england i believe
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby KJS » January 31st, 2008, 12:35 pm

Although anyone would feel sorry for the puppy...French Bulldogs and Boston Terriers are not the same at all...both can be black and white in colour but thats about it
Dont breed or buy while shelter animals die!
KJS
Supremely Bully

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 1:59 pm

On January 31 2008, 11:35 AM, KJS wrote:Although anyone would feel sorry for the puppy...French Bulldogs and Boston Terriers are not the same at all...both can be black and white in colour but thats about it

ok, just wondered..... they look similar? or at least to me...
Heather

- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby Vanessa » January 31st, 2008, 8:24 pm

I do feel terrible for that poor pup. Thanks for posting him. He seems like a sweetie but we have our hearts set on a Boston Terrier. I have a good lead on one right now so everybody keep your fingers crossed! Thanks!
Vanessa
Confident Young Bully

Next

Return to Rescue