I joined the Army

Everything that doesn't fit anywhere else!

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 12:16 am

Argh... so I got a letter from child today. She is absolutely MISERABLE already, and hasn't even started boot camp yet.
She doesn't like living w/a hundred other women, and she is appalled that "people yell at her and order her around"... DUH!
I'm half laughing, half crying.
She says that she doesn't think she has thought this through the way she should have... no, REALLY??? :rolleyes2:

I guess that is one lesson she'll have to learn on her own... I can hardly march in there and demand her "release"... lol

Ah, kids... gotta love'em... :mrgreen:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby gayrghts » January 31st, 2008, 12:37 am

On January 30 2008, 11:16 PM, amazincc wrote:Argh... so I got a letter from child today. She is absolutely MISERABLE already, and hasn't even started boot camp yet.
She doesn't like living w/a hundred other women, and she is appalled that "people yell at her and order her around"... DUH!
She says that she doesn't think she has thought this through the way she should have... no, REALLY??? :rolleyes2:

I guess that is one lesson she'll have to learn on her own... I can hardly march in there and demand her "release"... lol

Yup... grass is always greener till you realize you're in the middle of a swamp....

I'm sorry that she needs to be miserable to learn... but some of us went to the school of hard knocks...

Hang in there Christine.... I know you'll be there for her when she figures out how to get out, and or when she's "done"
Heather

A dog teaches a (kid) boy fidelity, perseverance, and to turn around three times before lying down.
- Robert Benchley
gayrghts
I live here

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2008, 12:47 am

Is it wrong of me to giggle? Just a little? :neutral:
There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line.

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 12:48 am

I'm a little concerned about the entire Institution of the ARMY! :shock:
She might single-handedly bring down our entire country's defense system... :wink:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby madremissy » January 31st, 2008, 12:48 am

Those darn kids, they never listen to the mother do they?

Her bed, let her lie in it.

If they only knew, it is harder on us than it is them :?
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 12:50 am

On January 30 2008, 11:47 PM, cheekymunkee wrote:Is it wrong of me to giggle? Just a little? :neutral:

Yes... NAH! Go ahead... I was laughing so hard I was crying. :oops: :mrgreen:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Asta » January 31st, 2008, 5:47 am

On January 30 2008, amazincc wrote:Argh... so I got a letter from child today. She is absolutely MISERABLE already, and hasn't even started boot camp yet.

Can i chuckle ever so little, or maybe not so little ;), as well?

So how long does she have to be miserable for until she can leave? Does the army interview new recruits before they join?

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby iluvk9 » January 31st, 2008, 7:18 am

Did she have to shave her head? THAT would have been it for me.....
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 8:54 am

Asta... she signed up for FOUR years! And they do interview people before they join, but I'm not so sure what happened there. :crazy:

Joyce, as far as I know they don't make the women shave their heads, but they have to wear their hair in a bun. :mrgreen:

I tried to tell her ad nauseum what it would be like and that she would be unpleasantly surprised when she got there, but it was like talking to my behind, ya know? I decided not to interfere on her behalf - she'll have to figure this one out on her own. I'm SO tired of bailing her out all the time... :cry:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby Marinepits » January 31st, 2008, 9:11 am

Christine, my hubby just read this and started laughing! He remembers that first week in the holding platoon before boot camp started and how much he HATED it and wanted to come home. How dare people tell him what to do and how to behave! :lol3:

She'll figure it out, one way or another. She'll have no choice but to toe the line or her experience will be extremely miserable. :wink:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2008, 9:58 am

I'm SO tired of bailing her out all the time...

I know what you mean. I signed up for 18 years of parenthood, NOT a freakin' life time. I haven't had to bail mine out of TOO much but still... AND this latest mess she got herself into she IS getting her self out of but it is still costing me and getting on my last nerve

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby Jenn » January 31st, 2008, 10:20 am

Hopefully for her own sake, she'll learn quickly what will work, and what won't, as well learn to appreciate home so much more. :) I'm sure it's hard for you, her, and everyone else involved ~ stay strong, we know you can!!
Jenn
undecided

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 31st, 2008, 10:47 am

Christine, what an obedient child you'll have when she gets home after boot camp! lol
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 11:30 am

On January 31 2008, 9:47 AM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:Christine, what an obedient child you'll have when she gets home after boot camp! lol

Looking forward to it, Liz!!! :wink: :giggle:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby katiek0417 » January 31st, 2008, 11:49 am

An obedient child and an obedient dog...you won't know what to do with yourself, Christine!!!

I feel bad for Jessica...but, wow, what did she think it was going to be like?
"Rumor has it, compulsion is evil."

Katrina
Sacha CGC - Dumb Lab
Nisha CGC, PDC, PSA TC, PSA 1 - Crazy Malinois
Drusilla SLUT- Pet
Nemo - Dual-Purpose Narcotics
Cy TC, PSA 1, PSA 2, 2009 PSA Level 3 National Champion
Axo - Psycho Puppy
Rocky - RIP My Baby Boy
katiek0417
pointy ear hoarder

Postby cheekymunkee » January 31st, 2008, 1:21 pm

I feel bad for her too but I can't help but smile when an "I'll show mom" turns into a "you got shown". :wink:

Debby
cheekymunkee
I Have Your Grass

Postby amazincc » January 31st, 2008, 1:28 pm

Somehow I don't feel THAT bad... she was a real insufferable snot before she left. :shock:

But I would pay money to see her face the first time her drill Sergeant makes a "snappy" remark and she talks back... honest to God, I would pay for some video. :backRoll:
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

Postby airwalk » January 31st, 2008, 3:46 pm

Christine, I'm sorry I'm sitting her giggling. Ya know what, every kid I've ever talked to hated the holding platoon...and yep some learned to hate the entirety of boot camp...but..you are right. She signed up, she's a big girl, she wouldn't listen to you, so now she has to figure out how to make this work.

Often, what they start out absolutely hating, once they quit acting like snot nosed children, they learn to, at least appreciate, if not like.
airwalk
I live here

Postby Asta » January 31st, 2008, 4:28 pm

On January 31 2008, amazincc wrote:Asta... she signed up for FOUR years! And they do interview people before they join, but I'm not so sure what happened there. :crazy:

Joyce, as far as I know they don't make the women shave their heads, but they have to wear their hair in a bun. :mrgreen:

I tried to tell her ad nauseum what it would be like and that she would be unpleasantly surprised when she got there, but it was like talking to my behind, ya know? I decided not to interfere on her behalf - she'll have to figure this one out on her own. I'm SO tired of bailing her out all the time... :cry:

4 years lmao Now that can feel like a veeeeery long time... Ah well, most likely she will mature, and it is not like she can blame it on anyone else but herself anyways.
Looking forward, in a partially sadistical, partially compassionate way, to hear how this will continue to develop!

Ã…sa
Asta
Welcome Wagger

Postby amazincc » February 1st, 2008, 4:15 pm

Well... I've gotten two more letters full of... complaints, and "I-miss-you's"... Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder, I guess.

I wish I could be more sympathetic... but I'm just not. :oops:

She started boot camp today, so I can't wait to hear what it's like and how much she HATES being told what to do. :backRoll:
Oh, and getting up EARLY - that's gonna kill her right there.
amazincc
Jessica & Mick

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic