You have GOT to be kidding me. HELP!

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2008, 11:43 pm

My guess is a combination of A, B, and C.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby jmashaney » January 24th, 2008, 11:45 pm

On January 24 2008, 10:43 PM, SisMorphine wrote:My guess is a combination of A, B, and C.

Yeah, I forgot to put the D) All of the fahreekin above choice.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2008, 11:48 pm

On January 24 2008, 10:45 PM, jmashaney wrote:
On January 24 2008, 10:43 PM, SisMorphine wrote:My guess is a combination of A, B, and C.

Yeah, I forgot to put the D) All of the fahreekin above choice.

lol
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Malli » January 25th, 2008, 2:00 am

THere is a regulation system, at least, in canada; for each province and the country as a whole. The look into issues of malpractice, overcharging etc...

Honestly, seeing how much variety there is in the medical practices of doctor to doctor and knowing there are only maybe 3-4 veterinary schools in the country, I have come to the conclusion that the ability to practice medicine comes from a combination of opinion and personal outlook, dedication, love of the job, and an ability to step away from the patient or situation and look it with a rational, clinical and medical eye.

Since working at the hospital I've only come to realise just how much variety there is in the ability to practice the medicine they learn; its actually quite scarey, because I now realise just how many people doctors are just the same.

I am so very sorry about Piglet :( You tried very hard for her, some things are just not meant to be and you gave it your best shot.

I *believe* (though double check as we don't do vaccines in my job) that the Distemper vacc is one that is pretty well 100%.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day, tomorrow doesn't look good either.
E-I-E-I-O!

Postby Marinepits » January 25th, 2008, 8:22 am

:cry: I am so sorry about Piglet. :hug3:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby Jenn » January 25th, 2008, 9:57 am

Awww, poor little Piglet. :( So sorry... :hug3:

Hope everyone else is OK, and pulls through!! Will your Aunt be interested in the other puppy?
Jenn
undecided

Postby airwalk » January 25th, 2008, 12:24 pm

RIP little piglet...and know that you showed her the only real love she'd ever known and that's a good thing.

Keeping fingers crossed for everyone else.
airwalk
I live here

Postby pmashaney81 » January 25th, 2008, 4:26 pm

As sad as I am about Pig...

I am comforted by the fact that she left this world extremely loved. That little angel entered this world being dealt a really rough hand and we were able to keep her alive to try to fight (and fight she did) for a month or so.

I will have memories of her playing fetch with Tonka and running around with the other puppers. As much as we love animals and baby ours... Pig was pampered, cared for, and adored by Jules' aunt even more than I can imagine.

Her brief life came to an end in a manner that most abandoned dogs never realize. She was snuggled, warm, well-fed, played with, and given the means to try to pull through.

She was loved. Sleep well Piglet. We will miss you.
Judge the deed, not the breed.

Jezebelle (AmStaff/Catahoula Cur) - b. 08/05/07
Justus (AmStaff/American Bulldog) - b. 08/09/07
Shelby - (APBT) - Rescue
Evie (Chihuahua) - b. 12/24/04
Percival - Rescued Kitty of mass proportions :)
pmashaney81
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby iluvk9 » January 25th, 2008, 5:00 pm

I am so sorry about Piglet. Thank you both, for trying to help all these dogs and puppies.
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby Jeni » January 25th, 2008, 6:26 pm

Awe guys, I'm so sorry.
RIP sweet little piglet.

I hope your kids are feeling better soon.
dee de dee
Jeni
Confident Young Bully

Postby jmashaney » January 25th, 2008, 7:01 pm

On January 25 2008, 8:57 AM, Jenn wrote:Awww, poor little Piglet. :( So sorry... :hug3:

Hope everyone else is OK, and pulls through!! Will your Aunt be interested in the other puppy?

Yes, she's keeping her. She had taken both of them last Satuday.
jmashaney
Confident Young Bully

Postby hugapitbull » January 26th, 2008, 4:15 pm

I've been out of touch with the forum for a few days and just saw the news about Piglet. I'm so sorry to hear this news, but just as sorry to see you beating yourself up so.

Your intentions are good and you showed her love and care she had never known. Hopefully, your dogs won't suffer any effects from her illness.

Vets are human and you will never be 100% satisfied with one 100% of the time. When I start to doubt if they are right for the pet, I find one that I feel good about.

RIP, little Piglet
Shanna & Spirit Trouble
We beat osteosarcoma - 27 months 20 days cancer free
'Spirit' Trouble departed for the Bridge 3/16/2011 a victim of aging
Visit - http://k9cancer.org

Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain--and most fools do. ~Dale Carnegie
hugapitbull
The Better Half

Postby madremissy » January 26th, 2008, 10:50 pm

:cry2: Thanks for doing what you did. RIP Piglet. Sending thoughts for everyone else to get better soon.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Scout » January 28th, 2008, 4:00 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Piglet. Even after all the love and attention that is given, it cannot undo the damages that has happened before you so unselfishly loved the little girl. You guys did the best you could (which was the very best any animal lover would do) and you guys showed Piglet a world full of love and kindness. You guys gave her the best months of her short little life and it was better that she found you guys than living her last days in an unloved home. :hug3: My thoughts are with your family.
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. --Andy Rooney
Scout
Welcome Wagger

Postby msvette2u » February 2nd, 2008, 12:21 pm

And MY babies, my two sweet, well-behaved lumps of affection are put at risk because of this. Because Momma was stupid and took in a homeless puppy.

I am so sorry - I am just catching up too, after a hellish week and I am so sorry to hear of the puppies but also your own adult dogs.
I would have done the same, however, and not known, either.
You can't ever regret doing what was "right", even if the results were less than stellar :(
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
msvette2u
I live here

Previous

Return to Rescue