Weirdest return excuse yet

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2008, 6:46 pm

Now normally I don't complain about reasons that people return rescues as I firmly believe that not every pet is meant for every home, and I KNOW this is the reason these kittens are coming back to us, but I'm still slightly shocked and perplexed.

So last weekend we adopted out two cats to one of our client's ex-husband. He has had cats his whole life, but in the divorce she got the cats and he was ready to adopt more. He wanted to get two cats who got along well for when he's at work. He made that very clear. We had two kittens, between 7 and 10 months old (different litters) who were bonded and needed a home together. I told the man multiple times how they snuggle, how they love human attention and are very affectionate, and how when you pick them up they just melt into your arms as opposed to trying to get away.

Well today he called to return them. What excuse did he give? Did they poop on the floor? Nope. Allergies? Nope. Scratched the furniture, scratched him, kept him up at night playing? Nope nope and nope.

They are too friendly.

I think this is a first . . .
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine
They're like service dogs gone wrong.

Postby Marinepits » January 23rd, 2008, 6:50 pm

I'm sorry, what did you say? I couldn't have possibly heard that correctly. :noWay:
Never make someone a priority in your life when that someone treats you like an option.
Marinepits
Proud Infidel

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2008, 6:54 pm

On January 23 2008, 5:50 PM, Marinepits wrote:I'm sorry, what did you say? I couldn't have possibly heard that correctly. :noWay:

Apparently he's only ever owned semi-feral cats. He can't handle cats who actually want human attention (and having known them for the last few months I can tell you that they're not super annoying about it, just friendly with everyone). Oh well. There's a home out there for them. Hell, I'd take 'em if I could! They've gotten used to Teeny and Wally could care less about cats.

Oh well. Someone else will win in the end. These two are sheer perfection.
"All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another." -Anatole France
SisMorphine

Postby madremissy » January 23rd, 2008, 6:56 pm

:shock: People amaze me everyday.
madremissy
I have a basketball and I'm not afraid to use it.

Postby Magnolia618 » January 23rd, 2008, 7:39 pm

:crazy:
Magnolia618
I live here

Postby iluvk9 » January 23rd, 2008, 7:51 pm

I wonder what their reason for divorce was listed as. "We got along too well"?
iluvk9
I'm Cougarific!

Postby pitbullmamaliz » January 23rd, 2008, 7:53 pm

Maybe he was looking for personal protection cats?
"Remember - every time your dog gets somewhere on a tight leash *a fairy dies and it's all your fault.* Think of the fairies." http://www.positivepetzine.com"

http://www.pitbullzen.com
http://inaradog.wordpress.com
pitbullmamaliz
Working out in the buff causes chafing

Postby SisMorphine » January 23rd, 2008, 8:03 pm

On January 23 2008, 6:51 PM, iluvk9 wrote:I wonder what their reason for divorce was listed as. "We got along too well"?

Our client is currently out of the country but we plan on asking her once she gets back lol
SisMorphine

Postby Jenn » January 23rd, 2008, 8:17 pm

I will be one of the first to agree though, Max is the friendliest, yet the most annoying cat I have ever been around. Eventually I just give in to whatever Max is screaming about. :rolleyes2:

I wouldn't banish him, or give him away because of his friendliest though, as annoying as he is, it's what makes him ~ Max. :|
Jenn
undecided

Postby Hoyden » January 24th, 2008, 1:01 am

On January 23 2008, 6:53 PM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:Maybe he was looking for personal protection cats?

If you find some, let me know.

I need a cat with some attitude to convince Birdie that cats are evil.

She's still very hesitant about chasing rabbits after SisMorphine's rabbit bit her on the nose.
Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men ~ General George S. Patton, Jr.

She taking all the stars down from her sky to hang them up someplace new, where there's better weather and the sky's a different blue. ~ Autumn Fields
Hoyden
Collar Queen

Postby Dakota Spirit » January 24th, 2008, 2:54 am

Hrm, I've never got that one before either. Geeze, I can imagine giving up a pet because he/she actually WANTED to be with me. Isn't that the goal?
Dakota Spirit
Just Whelped

Postby SisMorphine » January 24th, 2008, 4:34 pm

They're coming back tomorrow morning. As the guy was talking to Becky he said they were both curled up in his lap and he couldn't stand it.
:backRoll:

We'll welcome them back happily. Yay for nice cats!
SisMorphine

Postby BigDogBuford » January 24th, 2008, 4:40 pm

What a weirdo.
~Jeanine

You never know when it will strike, but there comes a moment at work when you know that you just aren't going to do anything productive for the rest of the day.
BigDogBuford
I love snipe hunts.

Postby mnp13 » January 24th, 2008, 5:47 pm

On January 24 2008, 00:01, Hoyden wrote:
On January 23 2008, 6:53 PM, pitbullmamaliz wrote:Maybe he was looking for personal protection cats?

She's still very hesitant about chasing rabbits after SisMorphine's rabbit bit her on the nose.

Come on over, Merlin loves to school dogs. He is a total jackass and chases the dogs out of pure spite. Riggs and Connor always have marks in their noses from him.
Michelle

Inside me is a thin woman trying to get out. I usually shut the bitch up with a martini.
mnp13
Evil Overlord

Postby Dakota Spirit » January 26th, 2008, 3:06 pm

On January 24 2008, 4:47 PM, mnp13 wrote:
On January 24 2008, 00:01, Hoyden wrote:

Come on over, Merlin loves to school dogs. He is a total jackass and chases the dogs out of pure spite. Riggs and Connor always have marks in their noses from him.

Hehe, that sounds like something worth seeing. I just can't picture a cat chasing a dog at least three times his size.
Dakota Spirit
Just Whelped

Postby Beth » January 26th, 2008, 7:09 pm

On January 24 2008, 3:34 PM, SisMorphine wrote:They're coming back tomorrow morning. As the guy was talking to Becky he said they were both curled up in his lap and he couldn't stand it.

We'll welcome them back happily. Yay for nice cats!

:shock: Un-freakin-believable!
Mom to
Blaze 3/17/93 - 3/30/07
Onyx b 3/7/99
Duchess b 3/12/02 r 9/18/02
Rifle b 12/1/02 r 8/8/03
Diamond b 5/3/05 a 8/3/05
Luka r 5/16/07
Dixie b 10/20/06 a 4/1/08
Beth
Enlightened Bully

Postby Jenny » January 26th, 2008, 7:46 pm

thats a first! ... he needs a couple stuffed teddy's or something not too friendly.

your post reminded me of the saying...

"women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just have to get used to the idea."
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Postby SisMorphine » January 26th, 2008, 8:05 pm

On January 26 2008, 6:46 PM, Jenny wrote:thats a first! ... he needs a couple stuffed teddy's or something not too friendly.

your post reminded me of the saying...

"women and cats will do as they please and men and dogs just have to get used to the idea."

That saying is fantastic!

Well we're just happy that he gave them back to us instead of dropping them at a local shelter to save the embarrassment. We just got 40 feral cats in, maybe he'd want one of those :| Becky told the rescue that she was going to leave it up to them as to if he is still eligible to adopt or not. He wasn't an a-hole about anything. He just doesn't like friendly cats. :| His ex-wife, who is one of our good clients, is the one who recommended him to us. When she gets back from Guatemala we're going to ask her if they divorced because she was too clingy. lol

We'll be taking on two female ferals ourselves, in addition to the two clingy boys (who played like maniacs in the empty store today . . . Wally even had to correct them a couple of times for trying to snuggle with him lol).

So if anyone is interested in either friendly or anti-social cats let me know. We've got them all ;)
SisMorphine

Postby Jenny » January 26th, 2008, 11:30 pm

When she gets back from Guatemala we're going to ask her if they divorced because she was too clingy.

hehe! sounds like he is feral cat material to me :mrgreen: I'm glad he brought them back too.. that was pretty upright of him.

we have a "previously known as" feral cat that was dropped off sick ...
we fixed him up, snipped his cotton balls... now he is everyones shadow and we have to put him behind a closed door sometimes he is so clingy ... I love that cat! I mean, I HAD to share my peanut covered donut with him this morning.. he would not take no for a answer...
he thought it was delicious! :crazy:
"I went shopping for feminine protection. I decided on a .380 automatic."
- Karen Riply
Jenny
Hyper Adolescent Bully

Return to Rescue